Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » PC Games and Steam » Divine Space game in development » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Neoseeker does not support warez of any kind. Any request for CD keys will be deleted or closed on sight, regardless of the situation. Thank you
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 06, 12 at 9:50amdanilevski

Hello all!
I'm not sure where should I post this, since we plan to release our game on iPads/Android pads, then PC/Mac and hopefully linux.

Currently we are making a space game (not a traditional simulator, though - don't bite me for that!). It will be something between Star Control (best space game I ever played), Dark Orbit and (hopefully) Eve. Our main goal is to make a great world, scenario and gameplay. We won't hide absence of the meaning behind amazing special effects, like in modern games (though indeed we will do everything to make our game beautiful and attractive).

To success, we will need support of game fans. Soon will go for Kickstarter, and this is why I'm gathering community now - without your help, without spreading the word, we will not success there.

In a week or two we will open our site with materials; for now, I've opened group with few ingame screenshots and concept-arts on facebook. I'll be glad to see you all on the page and hope that you will support us - and, together, we will make a great game. Smart game, full of oldschool spirit and soul!

UPDATE: Campain is going on, $12k gathered.

Check it here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dodogames/divine-space-sci-fi-space-arpg/posts

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 23, 12 at 1:51am
danilevski

Hello guys!

Just a little update: we reworked our main video and project description. Check it out, it should be a lot more clear now: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dodogames/divine-space-sci-fi-space-arpg

Also, there is a soundtracks demo-reel, good listening to you!

Oct 21, 12 at 2:44am
danilevski

quote Lorx
Interesting.

I've heard a lot about Unity recently, seems to be a good backing for games, though I'm not good enough with the technological stuff behind game design to fully understand why
There is an explaination why, check it out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dodogames/divine-space-sci-fi-space-arpg/posts/332476

In short: easy to use, with good tolls and editor, intuitive for artists - perfectly for a small indie teams.

Oct 21, 12 at 2:25am
Lorx

Interesting.

I've heard a lot about Unity recently, seems to be a good backing for games, though I'm not good enough with the technological stuff behind game design to fully understand why

Oct 20, 12 at 2:19pm
danilevski

Hello, everyone.

We posted many big updates and telling stories about our development, answering to the questions and many other good stuff. Learn more here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dodogames/divine-space-sci-fi-space-arpg/posts

Oct 12, 12 at 4:14am
danilevski

Oct 11, 12 at 1:41pm
danilevski

quote Nagare
Best of luck to you with the Kickstarter danilevski. Maybe RabidChinaGirl or chautemoc will put up an article on Neo mentioning your Kickstarter. I hope it ends up well given the clear amount of error you've been putting in.
Yes, unfortunately can't send each message to proofreading, heh. Trying to do my best!
Thank you for the hints, I'll try to reach those guys!

Oct 10, 12 at 4:35pm
Nagare

Best of luck to you with the Kickstarter danilevski. Maybe RabidChinaGirl or chautemoc will put up an article on Neo mentioning your Kickstarter. I hope it ends up well given the clear amount of error you've been putting in.

Oct 10, 12 at 3:56pm
danilevski

We are LIVE at Kickstarter!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dodogames/divine-space-sci-fi-space-arpg

We need your support, share some <3!

Sep 07, 12 at 4:31pm
danilevski

Lorx, thank you very much!

Fixed and replaced. Got some serious bashing from Reddit guys concerning that phrase, so likely we will completely change it asap (removing 'epic' and other advert things to let readers decide themselve - if it's epic or not).

Sep 07, 12 at 3:40pm
Lorx

danilevski noticed a couple errors on the first page, I'll put an "!" next to errors I noticed.
Divine Space – it’s a resurrection of the spirit of old sci-fi space games on a "!" newest technologies. It’s an epic adventure with "!" headspinning storyline that will leave an indelible mark in your soul and mind. Divine Space is a hard sci-fi "!" with elements of action-RPG "!" and powerful quest system.
Without errors probably would look something like;
Divine Space – A resurrection of the spirit of old sci-fi space games on the newest technologies. It’s an epic adventure with a headspinning storyline that will leave an indelible mark in your soul and mind. Divine Space is a hard sci-fi game with elements of action-RPG games and powerful quest system.
Changing what was probably not actual grammatical errors, but didn't sound quite right;
A resurrection of the old sci-fi space game theme on the newest technologies available. It’s an epic adventure with a headspinning storyline that will leave an indelible mark in your soul and mind. Divine Space is a hard sci-fi Action-RPG game with a powerful questing system.
Mostly just shuffled things around a bit and removed words that got repeated too often. Stuff like "of the spirit of" broke the flow when I was reading.