Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » User Reviews Critiques and Help » Articles of Excellence (Defunct) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PS2/Ico/userreviews.html?reviewid=35541
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 05, 12 at 6:22amGryzor

Welcome to the latest incarnation of the ongoing Articles Of Excellence competition. This contest is the decider for what’s hot when it comes to the latest batch of reviews published on Neoseeker by our very own members of the community. It’s run by a voting process that spans a two-week period, each period displaying the reviews that have been accepted onto the site in the two weeks previous.

To vote, simply send a PM to Gryzor once a new period starts and before the given deadline. All you need to do is include a link in the body of the PM to the review from the current period that you think deserves to win. Make sure to get your votes in on-time or you’ll miss out on having your say! Once the deadline has been reached, votes will be tallied and a winner announced. Then the next period will start up, and so the process continues.

Sadly, I can’t afford to award you with monetary gain. What you will get, is praise and attention in various manners. First and foremost, fellow reviewers will post in this thread to give their congratulations. On top of this pat on the back, you’ll also be featured at the top of this forum, in a blog post giving a quick overview to the review and you’ll also have your review featured in a news article on GameGrep. As such, for winning the contest itself you also win the opportunity to have your review viewed and critiqued by the larger community as well.

Current period: March 14th - April 11th 2014

Deadline: April 28th, 2014

List of reviews:

Shadow Of The Colossus by ColeTheo00
Super Mario 3D World by NTOFVG
Wii Fit U by NTOFVG
Super Smash Brothers Brawl by sonicfan7895
Dementuin: The Ward by Cryptid10
Asphalt 3D by marc26rpg7
Pokemon X by Kanye West
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition by SacredWarrior
Persona 4 by Watain
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance by Aevers

Previous thread

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 29, 14 at 5:46am
Gryzor

Aaaaaaaaaand here's the new thread.

Gotenks

Apr 21, 14 at 12:59am
Praetorian_Lord

quote Gryzor
Just feel like I need a big break from this website instead of feeling like I have to be here for something like AoE.
Nah fair call man, think a lot of us have been there. Know I haven't been active of late but appreciate the effort you've put into this over the past few years, and like IP said, hope this ain't goodbye.

Apr 20, 14 at 11:46pm
Lesley Pro_04

quote Gryzor
quote Praetorian_Lord
What, seriously? That's *bleep*ing weak man, how come?
Just feel like I need a big break from this website instead of feeling like I have to be here for something like AoE. inb4 "b-but by the time you come back, everyone will be gone"
I can say that that won't be true because some of us won't be gone. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon because of how much I've enjoyed things at Neoseeker over the years from the various areas I've put time into to the various communities that I've been a part of.

Don't be a stranger now.

Apr 20, 14 at 11:41pm
Insanity Prevails

I really appreciate the time you've taken running AoE, the other review events you've hosted and helping out in CRS. It's a shame to see you move away from this, but then I know what it can mean so I can understand sometimes needing to reduce the feeling of obligation.

Don't disappear entirely though.

Apr 20, 14 at 11:32pm
Gryzor

quote Praetorian_Lord
Just feel like I need a big break from this website instead of feeling like I have to be here for something like AoE. inb4 "b-but by the time you come back, everyone will be gone"

Apr 20, 14 at 9:51pm
Praetorian_Lord

quote Gryzor
This will be my last AoE period. I'm pretty much done with it, CRS and this entire website really.

Apr 20, 14 at 6:19am
Gryzor

quote Monterey Jack
quote Gryzor
My sincerest apologies for dragging on this period of the AoE as long as I did. I really need to stop doing that.
why not do something like review of the month???
That'll be up to my successor.

This will be my last AoE period. I'm pretty much done with it, CRS and this entire website really.

Apr 14, 14 at 1:44am
Monterey Jack

quote Gryzor
My sincerest apologies for dragging on this period of the AoE as long as I did. I really need to stop doing that.
why not do something like review of the month???

'grats Insanity Prevails

Apr 11, 14 at 8:43am
Gryzor

My sincerest apologies for dragging on this period of the AoE as long as I did. I really need to stop doing that. Might not have helped that the votes ended in a tie and I never got around to breaking it.

The winner is Insanity Prevails with his review of Batman: Arkham Asylum!!

Honorable mentions go to Avalith and Polarity. Don't any of you let me do that again.

Apr 04, 14 at 1:39am
Taake

quote Watain
quote Taake
First and foremost, a late congratulations to Lukas.

Next... when are you going to announce the next winner, Gryzor? Don't tell me you forgot.
probably weren't enough reviews when it came time. I think he mentioned some time ago that he doesn't want periods of just a short handful of reviews unless they're all really good.
So will there be another week long delay, Gryzor?