Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy X » Final Fantasy X HD » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Jun 04, 12 at 10:27amFifth Column

Any news yet on a release date for the PS3 port? I'm itching to do a run through of this game, but would love to hold off til the new version drops. Hoping for some news of a summer release date at E3 - anyone think thats a possibility?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 25, 14 at 8:57am
reaver11

I too am having an issue with the remastered music. They seem to have taken away some of its charm. All I can wonder is why? Why would they alter Uematsu's wonderful music and "update" it? It's not a game breaker by no means. They are still primarily the same, and they seem to have maintained the essence to some of my favorite tracks (still have yet to hear how they handled Sanubia Sands and the Calm Lands). But the one I don't think transitioned well was the boss music. It takes a few moments to actually recognize it and your first reaction is "this is THAT track?!". They wanted to up the intensity but it just muddles it instead. I'm just thankful they left the sound effects and voice acting alone.

But besides a few disappointing tracks, I am psyched to be replaying FFX again. The graphics are, dare I say it, really *bleep*ing good. Some of the detail in the rocks really stand out to me and I was wowed. Just got to Mushroom Rock so I'm still early in the game, but I am pleased with this purchase.

Mar 24, 14 at 6:56pm
Angelus

quote yugiohcardplayer
So, is this available to buy the game in a store? It's been released out here in the US. Or do you have to buy it online?
ebgames, jbhifi ect should have physical copies in stock right now. Alternatively you can download it of the playstation network.

Mar 24, 14 at 12:30pm
yugiohcardplayer

So, is this available to buy the game in a store? It's been released out here in the US. Or do you have to buy it online?

Mar 19, 14 at 2:38pm
zajazd

Few hours in and I can't help but feel a little disappointed, I guess my expectations were too high.

- I expected more graphically.
- I don't like the remastered music.
- What's up with the loading times?

I swear one of my first thoughts was - if that is it then I'd rather be playing the PS2 version again.

It's silly but one of my favorite parts of the original was the title screen music after loading up the game, and the remastered music sounds almost nothing like the original.

The loading times are plain annoying - the original doesn't have any, I remember that well because I played it for the first time in 2012! Seriously if loading times like that is the price to pay for this HD treatment then I'd rather choose to play the original.

But having said all that I don't regret buying the remaster, if for nothing then at least it's interesting to see what and how they've changed and of course the game is still as awesome.

Mar 19, 14 at 6:44am
Tidus Strife

Yeah I ordered the Collector's Edition off the Squeenix site. Gorgeous artbook.

Mar 19, 14 at 6:10am
Cmm

It's not launched yet from where i live. I plan to get limited edition one and i hope it doesn't get out of stock.

Mar 19, 14 at 12:17am
zajazd

It was a silly joke from me =P I'm downloading mine now.

Mar 18, 14 at 2:20pm
Tidus Strife

Can absolutely confirm that's not true, as I am currently playing the game.

Super pretty, think it's weird they didn't take the opportunity to implement cutscene skips it would seem.

Feb 20, 14 at 1:42am
zajazd

They changed the release date again, to October 2014.

Feb 19, 14 at 9:02am
Dark Pikachu

quote Rac-fan
Is anybody else getting tired of waiting for this game yet? -_-

Just..ah..bit...longer