Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Computer Help and Discussion » Desktop+: Start Screen + Drop Launcher for Windows » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 01, 12 at 4:20pmNorthern49

Desktop+ originally premiered on the Internet on these forums in June 2012, but has since had several revisions. Desktop+ is, as described on DeviantArt...

Featuring FileView for Rainmeter, Desktop+ is an original concept Start Screen designed for the Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 environments. Catalog your applications into scrollable groups. Organize and beautify your desktop, while keeping it simple, productive and professional. Customize and create your own themes from a wide range of options. Play with the many features, and feel free to cut apart, recreate and piece together your own skins using this new reformed version of Desktop+.

Requires the latest version of Rainmeter to install. Download from Rainmeter.net.

• No manual entry of data or arduous setup routine
• Display apps on the desktop in an ordered and logical format
• Access games, pinned apps, bookmarks, control panel and documents with ease

• Designed for Windows XP + Windows Vista + Windows 7 and Windows 8.
• Supported by resolutions from 1024x768 to 1920x1080

• Feature-rich setup menu to fully customize your desktop+ colour and appearance
• Takes advantage of many new Rainmeter features and plugins from Rainmeter 2.5

• New features being added every month.

Download the latest stable release here

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 05, 13 at 11:43am
Northern49

I'm not sure on your question. I'm assuming you want the + to align with the dropdown icons in 1 straight parallel line from the top to the bottom. Since about version 30m on, the + button uses a different sizing scheme, and doesn't by default line up with the icons. If you're trying to find a way to offset the icons further away from the left edge of the toolbar, that option does not exist at this time, but I will take this as a suggestion and possibly include it in the next version. However, I will not be including an option to set this option independently from the + menu and the other toolbars. As usual, you can always edit the dropdown menu to change the icon positions manually.

But if this doesn't answer your question, then you can try the latest version of Desktop+ and see if that resolves the issue. (doing so will undo the changes you already made)

Edit: You can now adjust the X position of icons in Control.inc (Version 31a and up). You can access Control.inc in the Show more options... Tab of the Visual Features Tab of the Desktop+ settings menu. Adjust the variable "DropdownIconXoffset"

Jun 19, 13 at 1:03am
clarrabee44

I've been tooling with the icon sizing for the drop-down menus in Tucked Away mode, and I've got it so that the drop down icons line up pretty spot on with the corresponding labels (by changing the default "6" value to a "2"). The only problem with that is that now the icons in the left-most drop down menu, the one marked by a "+" by default, is now out of line.

So my question is, is there a way to adjust these two icon sets independently of each other? I am trying to make the icons spaced at their default spacing while preserving my adjusted spacing for the other menus.

Thanks for your help.

Apr 27, 13 at 9:39am
Northern49

Bump for a major update.

Feb 21, 13 at 2:29pm
Northern49

Well, in any case, I just finished a version that will preserve user-specific settings when updating.

As for what you're trying to do, (make it an overlaying launchpad launcher, right?) Desktop+ really was never meant to be that. It was designed to be a desktop start screen. If you want quick access to your apps, just use the show desktop button (The real one, at the bottom-right)

If this still doesn't please you, I suggest something like Xlaunchpad to compliment Desktop+. It's my philosophy to never waste time working on something that can be done better and/or more easily by another program. For instance, the entire idea behind Desktop+ stemmed from wanting something that...

A) Served a purpose, wasn't merely eyecandy
B) Was better than the options that already exist.

Desktop+ was created with the premise that it would be easier than using the Start Button, since it is already open when you start the computer, you can sometimes access apps without having to move any windows at all, and if you need to, the Show Desktop button is just as easy to access as the Start Button. I still use the Start Button from time to time, but my frequency dropped by about 80%. I almost always use Desktop+ to open apps.

Feb 21, 13 at 2:14pm
harbin

quote Northern49
For your folders, they are located in the backup folder \Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\@Backup\Desktop+\Folders. I'm sorry about that. I will work on a solution. My aim was to get as much updating done as quick as possible before people started really using it.

For now, I suggest changing the directory to a directory that is not in the Rainmeter folder (the Websites, Control, and Computer toolbars are defaulted to the Desktop+\Folders directory, or in Windows 8, all 5)

As for the code you posted, I don't see the issue. Have you set the Show Desktop button to Topmost?
It's on 'Stay Topmost'

As for the shortcut thing, I've pretty much sorted them out now. Just confused me a little.

Feb 21, 13 at 12:55pm
Northern49

For your folders, they are located in the backup folder \Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\@Backup\Desktop+\Folders. I'm sorry about that. I will work on a solution. My aim was to get as much updating done as quick as possible before people started really using it.

For now, I suggest changing the directory to a directory that is not in the Rainmeter folder (the Websites, Control, and Computer toolbars are defaulted to the Desktop+\Folders directory, or in Windows 8, all 5)

As for the code you posted, I don't see the issue. Have you set the Show Desktop button to Topmost?

Feb 20, 13 at 11:05am
harbin

quote Northern49
That's weird. What are you doing exactly? Could you post the INI you edited in
[Rainmeter]
Update=-1
MouseActionCursor=0
MiddleMouseUpAction=["C:\Users\%Username%\Desktop"]

[Variables]
Hide=1

; To reduce the size of the activate area, maintaining its position in the corner, reduce w= and h= values,
; Increase x= by the amount taken away from w= value.

[activearea]
meter=image
solidcolor=0,0,0,1
w=1
h=1
x=324
y=0
MouseOverAction=[!ShowMeter curl][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!HideMeter curl][!WriteKeyValue Variables Hide 1][!Refresh]

; To reduce the size of the corner image that appears, add w= and h= values and enter a number for each
; Curl.png original size = 50px by 50px

[curl]
imagename=curl.png
meter=image
x=275
y=0
imagealpha=255
Hidden=#Hide#
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleFadeGroup Sandwich *]

[Hint]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#DemoImages\HintB
X=5
Y=40
DynamicVariables=1
Hidden=#Hide#

Feb 19, 13 at 10:00pm
Northern49

That's weird. What are you doing exactly? Could you post the INI you edited in [code]?

Feb 19, 13 at 6:07pm
harbin

Northern49

So I've got the sizes as I want but clicking it doesn't seem to do anything. It takes focus away from the active window but that's abou it, no minimize.

The only other issue I've had is that the update seems to have reset my folders, so I've got to redo all the shortcuts again.

Feb 19, 13 at 3:14pm
Northern49

quote harbin
Bit of a bump but a question regarding this. How would I go about changing the 'Show Desktop' skin?

It's 25px and when I have that on Stay Topmost it gets in the way of the Close Window buttons. Basically I want it in the top right corner but at most 5px in size. Resizing it basically has broken it for me, and I forgot to backup the original ini file

The instructions have been added as comments in the Show Desktop INI. Simply increase its X position by an amount equal to its size taken away.

For example:

W=25
H=25
X=300

becomes...

W=5
H=5
X=320