Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Paper Mario: Sticker Star » Mario got the movez... » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 31, 12 at 7:41pmSymphonic Abyss

If you're a veteran in the series, you'll remember that Mario always has some crazy abilities he can perform thanks to him being...well, a piece of paper. In the original Paper Mario, he can spin, allowing him to reach places sooner (and it's just fun), and he can ground pound to get to new things (I think - this may have been introduced in TTYD!). The Gamecube installment sees Mario being able to turn into...well, a slip of paper from a different angle, getting him through the tight spaces, a paper airplane, paper boat and a strange little tube that allows him to get under small gaps.

Now, I don't know if it's just me, or if everyone feels this way, but aren't these things always a fun little addition? Do you guys think this game will feature different moves and special powers for Mario? What about those panels that allowed Mario to turn into a paper airplane and boat? I thought those were cool, just because they really did look amazing on the Gamecube. I really hope they add some new powers, or bring back something like the spin, which is my favorite. What are your thoughts?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 22, 12 at 8:54am
Heibai

quote Symphonic Abyss
Mario's been a frog before, and I thought he was an awesome frog.
Oh yeah! I guess that's true.
quote Symphonic Abyss
Would it be like the plane in TTYD?
Yes. Yes it would.

Aug 21, 12 at 4:11pm
Symphonic Abyss

quote Sonic Rush
More Mario Origami please!

All that I could think of was Mario folding into paper cranes or frogs to reach places, but the more I think about it the weirder it gets...

Pfft, I don't see anything wrong with that. B| Mario's been a frog before, and I thought he was an awesome frog. As for the Crane, I'm not too sure how it would work. Would it be like the plane in TTYD?

(Frog Suit SMB3 for the record)

Aug 21, 12 at 2:33pm
Heibai

More Mario Origami please!

All that I could think of was Mario folding into paper cranes or frogs to reach places, but the more I think about it the weirder it gets...

Aug 20, 12 at 7:31pm
Symphonic Abyss

quote Virtue
I know we like to think of means of transportation and other objects Mario can transform to, but what do you guys think about, say, crumbling into a small ball of paper to avoid hide from an enemy's sight? Since we've seen a total lack of partners so far, I think it would be a nice substitute to Bow and Vivian's abilities outside of battle.
I had thought about something similar before, but I couldn't think of any ideas. I like the ball crumpling thing, and I also think that one similar to Yoshi's and Parakarry's would be nice, but I can't think of anything specific. Maybe it'd be like your idea - the ball thing, but with wind. Any other ideas you might have?

Hopefully Kersti will be able to use Goombario's and Goombella's Tattle ability - I honestly might feel a bit weird without having it. Unless Mario gains the supernatural ability to finally say what's going on around him (), we better have someone who can do it for him.

Aug 19, 12 at 6:57pm
Virtue

I know we like to think of means of transportation and other objects Mario can transform to, but what do you guys think about, say, crumbling into a small ball of paper to avoid hide from an enemy's sight? Since we've seen a total lack of partners so far, I think it would be a nice substitute to Bow and Vivian's abilities outside of battle.

Aug 19, 12 at 5:05pm
Sigma

Yeah, from the looks of it, it's just a cheesy introduction, unfortunately. I am hoping that there will be some sort of folding ability, as you said, like the Paper Airplane or the boat. :3

Aug 19, 12 at 5:01pm
Symphonic Abyss

Sigma - It was this trailer from this year's E3 event. It's literally the very beginning - he comes out from a clump of paper that has no real shape that would matter, so it's probably a cheesy introduction. It would be nice to give him some folding abilities again though!

Aug 19, 12 at 4:31pm
Sigma

quote Symphonic Abyss
Just for the record, we've seen a trailer beginning with Mario folding out from a piece of paper. I dunno if that means anything, but it's more than any other clue we've been given. Do you think this is a sign, or just a cheesy introduction haha?
    Well, to me, it just sounds like a cheesy introduction tbqh. If something like that did happen though, I really don't know what it could possibly be used for. Sounds like it would be pretty cool, though. Do you have a link to the trailer? I'd like to see that.

Aug 19, 12 at 10:39am
Symphonic Abyss

Just for the record, we've seen a trailer beginning with Mario folding out from a piece of paper. I dunno if that means anything, but it's more than any other clue we've been given. Do you think this is a sign, or just a cheesy introduction haha?

Jun 05, 12 at 1:26pm
Captain Nerditude

quote Shiney_Sneasel
YES. I want the chests back. And the ghost-thingy that popped out of it, that tried so hard to be bad but just couldn't do it. xD

Who would've thought being cursed could be so helpful?