Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Gears of War 3 » The Next Gears of War » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to Neoseeker's Gears of War 3 forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 31, 12 at 9:14amGuugley

link.

well well well...

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 07, 12 at 4:19am
Tengu

So do a lot of hardcore gamers. I don't mind when the features are optional in games like Mass Effect, but I don't like motion sensing exclusive games. Except for Disney Rush. [:

Jun 06, 12 at 8:57pm
Majingohan

quote Tengu
This is the second season pass but in a box. This is all content that can be added into Gears of War 3, but they prematurely maxed the achievement cap of the game. This is a great way for them to make money off content which could be DLC.

And Majingohan, that was a game called Gears Of War Exile which was cancelled soon after being announced.
thank god it sounded really bad i hate the kinect

Jun 06, 12 at 6:42pm
Tengu

This is the second season pass but in a box. This is all content that can be added into Gears of War 3, but they prematurely maxed the achievement cap of the game. This is a great way for them to make money off content which could be DLC.

And Majingohan, that was a game called Gears Of War Exile which was cancelled soon after being announced.

Jun 05, 12 at 5:26pm
Majingohan

they said the next one is going to use the kinect for most of the gameplay so idk if i really want to get it

Jun 05, 12 at 5:12pm
Waldronnic

Its probably the same reason they made a film just about Jack Sparrow, as soon as a character picks up steam for being charismatic and enigmatic, they make a sequel which disembowells what made the character cool the first time around.

I'm not excited by this what so ever, as far as Epic are concerned they can *bleep* off with the way they've treated loyal fans.

Jun 05, 12 at 8:46am
trendyskaman

Overrun Mode, from what I've read, sounds like it could be an awesome enhancement of the Horde experience, which is mostly what I play Gears 3 online for anyway. Versus mode does have quite a few problems, I've noticed, but I tend to think they're more skill-related than anything else.

My big complaint is why return to Baird and Cole? I mean, Baird is kind of an enigma, history-wise, but that's kind of why I liked him. He didn't have all that shit in his history bogging him down like Dom, Marcus and even Cole, slightly. Why return to well-trod ground? I'm also not in love with People Can Fly working on this. I mean, Gears 3 is so polished I don't think they can possibly *bleep* with the mechanics. It'll still play like a Gears game. But I'm not in love with Epic shifting responsibilities to another one of its studios for its most important franchise.

Whatever. My two cents. I'll reserve judgment until we see a little more than a 1 minute cutscene and 20 seconds of gameplay.

Jun 04, 12 at 5:34pm
The Living Angelus

Trailer came out. 2013 release. Can't say I'm excited.

Rant Alert: As much as I love Gears 3, the bullshit sponging, Mantle Kick not working [never had a problem with it in the beta; lately, I can't get it to work since the last title update], lack of DLC content with the Season Pass*, Mexicans Mexicans Mexican Servers galore** and the constant nerfing and *bleep*ing around with weapons because crybabies complain about EVERYTHING with this game... I don't know if GoWJ is a first day buy. Especially being a prequel when you know at least two of the characters survive, let alone the outcome since the Locusts don't ultimately win. Is this story necessary to tell? I'd rather have had a sequel that takes place years after the events of Gears 3. Marcus and Anya's child is a leader or something, alien invasion or what I kind of want to see some time of Cog vs. Resistance battles. Human's fighting amongst themselves. Sick of Locust vs. Cog personally.

*Gears 2 has 29 maps, where as Gears 3 only has 25, plus two of those maps are the worse kind for Gears 3: Escalation? Raven Down? With how many times Cliff has went on record stating Raven Down was his most hated map in the entire series, did they think they were being funny bringing it back in this game with the *bleep*ing Retros and Sawed-off guns? Escalation wasn't that fun to play in Gears 1 because the top spawn always had the least advantage because the weapon spawns were best at the bottom of the map yet it gets brought back over Mansion, Mausoleum, Tyro Station, Garden, Process, Subway and War Machine? Overpass, people bitch about, but most idiot teams rush to the top and try and camp. I rush the power weapon at the back and camp there. It's a fun map on Guardian, especially when I'm the leader or my friend is and we camp the power weapon and just continuously kill noobs either A) rushing the power weapon or B) rushing to kill the leader. I've gotten over 30 kills in a single match doing this with a few deaths; think my best record was 28 or 27-0 for a kill death ratio and got so much hate messages for it. lol.

**Seriously, what the *bleep* is up with all the Mexicans in this game? When Gears 2 came out, matchmaking was a mess. Wouldn't take me 20+ minutes to find a game like some people bitched about, I instantly got into matches, but most of the time for that first year I was put against teams from UK where they clearly had host advantage and at worse times, Mexican teams where their host lagged up the game so bad you couldn't even chainsaw anyone. By TU6, lag was obsolete and it was quite an enjoyable game online. Why does the online for Gears 3 with supposedly "dedicated servers" suck so goddamn bad. The fact they're coming out with a new game gives me no hope for a rumored Season Pass 2 with more maps, more Campaigns ala RAAM's Shadow and more work being done to fix the issues that plague Gears 3 online.

Jun 04, 12 at 5:22pm
LOD-squa

Forum is made. Interested to see how did both of them end up in shackles. As far as I remember they have never mentioned their past.

Jun 04, 12 at 5:12pm
Chrono

Guugley keeps killing it in this thread.

Jun 03, 12 at 9:23am
Guugley

quote The Stinger
Id understand Marcus in shackles if its a prequel, but Cole and Baird doesnt make any sense. They werent associated with Marcus prior to Dom getting him out and stumbling across what was left of Alpha company.
Has any information been released which makes you think Cole & Baird being in shackles is at all related to Marcus and/or Dom? :s