Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » Twitch, the most undervalued champion to walk Summoners Rift?! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

May 31, 12 at 1:37amPhypr

hey guys,

When I started playing LoL i was fresh out of WoW and played a rogue so I wanted something that would mimic that kind of gameplay. I came across Twitch and immediately brought him. I played him for a couple of months and noticed something odd. Whereas my friends where having problems with people locking there favourite character before they could I was having no such problem. I was scoring heavily and really enjoying myself so I couldn't figure why I didn't come into contact with more Twitch players.

ERGO : IMHO Twitch is the most undervalued champion in the game. Whats your opinion?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 15, 12 at 12:34am
ShadowCrystallux

quote Inuyasha
I haven't tried FH or Shurelia's yet, but I feel if I'm not building straight AP, late game my bombs seem very ineffective, especially if the enemy carry has purchased their QSS, BV, or GA.

In Solo Que and Solo Ranked I've got a great winning percentage with him, because rarely do games spiral into late game where he falls off drastically. However, I've used him before in ESL (weekly online tournaments), and against organized teams who know what they are doing, they know to bring this game as late as possible and that Nocturne is a pain in the ass to a Zilean.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I see him effective as a pub-stomper, but just one of those champions who can't contest in the late game phase. I do need to have more team comps with Zilean involved though, he works well with a Riven who can rush BT's and just dive in on the enemy team.

Zilean's early game is fun. You can half health someone every time you do QWQ at level 3. But his late game is, well, mediocre to say the least. Other than his support late game, he's terrible .

Jun 14, 12 at 2:39pm
Inuyasha

I haven't tried FH or Shurelia's yet, but I feel if I'm not building straight AP, late game my bombs seem very ineffective, especially if the enemy carry has purchased their QSS, BV, or GA.

In Solo Que and Solo Ranked I've got a great winning percentage with him, because rarely do games spiral into late game where he falls off drastically. However, I've used him before in ESL (weekly online tournaments), and against organized teams who know what they are doing, they know to bring this game as late as possible and that Nocturne is a pain in the ass to a Zilean.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I see him effective as a pub-stomper, but just one of those champions who can't contest in the late game phase. I do need to have more team comps with Zilean involved though, he works well with a Riven who can rush BT's and just dive in on the enemy team.

Jun 14, 12 at 9:44am
RazeHell

quote Inuyasha
I used to love Zilean, but I hate his late game. He's so useless, even accounting for his ultimate. I have never lost my lane as Zilean, which doesn't mean much because it's so easy to farm and get kills, but still. In teamfights if you don't bomb their carry's or someone on your team which can get to their carry's, you don't really do anything.
Zilean is an enigma in the way that he should be built and played. He needs a lot of AP for his bombs to be useful, and the AP can resurrect any ally to full HP at Chronoshift level 3.

However, with his squishiness and his inability to deal decent damage more than twice every 4 seconds, he is a champ that should stay out of team fights at all costs. The trick with Zilean is to stay as far away from the fight as possible while still being in range to use his abilities.
I tend to place my Time Bombs on anything I can reach; in a mess that is a team fight, the splash damage can cause major trouble for enemies.
Also, when both Rewind and Time Warp are maxed, and with enough mana, Zilean can always keep an ally at +55% movement or an enemy at -55%. Zilean makes for a near-perfect assassination assistant, and can make sure no enemy escapes when they are low.

As for his build, Zilean can be useful through the use of multiple Aura items, as well as a few AP items.
I usually end games with a Shurelia's, a Frozen Heart, and a Rabodon's Deathcap as my core items.

Jun 14, 12 at 8:08am
ShadowCrystallux

quote Chaosfire
quote Inuyasha
I used to love Zilean, but I hate his late game. He's so useless, even accounting for his ultimate. I have never lost my lane as Zilean, which doesn't mean much because it's so easy to farm and get kills, but still. In teamfights if you don't bomb their carry's or someone on your team which can get to their carry's, you don't really do anything.

I like Ziggs too. His playstyle is a little weird but he has great lane and teamfight presence. Can't tell you why he's not used.

Regarding ziggs, I honestly don't know either. If I played more AP mid, I would pick him up. I have no trouble landing his skillshots, and he's a good lane bully. I believe he's 100% aoe, so teamfights seem easy too.
Most people (I included) can't seem to land Ziggs' skillshots. I like having at least one directly targeted spell on a champion which ziggs lacks for me. Saying that, I love his ultimate. They flash out with a quarter health, bitch please, you aren't getting away. A bit like a non-global version of Karthus' ultimate with an immense power boost.

Jun 12, 12 at 7:39am
Chaosfire

quote Inuyasha

I like Ziggs too. His playstyle is a little weird but he has great lane and teamfight presence. Can't tell you why he's not used.

Regarding ziggs, I honestly don't know either. If I played more AP mid, I would pick him up. I have no trouble landing his skillshots, and he's a good lane bully. I believe he's 100% aoe, so teamfights seem easy too.

Jun 11, 12 at 3:03pm
Inuyasha

Jun 10, 12 at 5:05pm
ShadowCrystallux

quote the_FAMAS_pro
quote Phoenixmon
quote the_FAMAS_pro
quote Phoenixmon
Not really. Twitch is only good versus inexperienced players and people who feed him 2-3 kills before 10 mins. Otherwise, he's about as useless as a Sona Bot... Trust me, sona bots are pretty horrible.
A Sona bot kicked my ass once
Lolwhut????? New reference then, a Miss Fortune bot (god they're horrible...).
No. She kills us all every god damn time
The only bots that destroy me are Cassiopeia bot, a fed Master Yi bot and a fed Sivir bot. Cassiopeia has perfect timing on her twin fang when played by a 0 ping monstrosity and a fed Master Yi or Sivir is scary when played by anything...

Back on the topic of undervalued, underused champions, why isn't Zilean and Ziggs on the list? They can be so powerful, yet they are barely used.

Jun 10, 12 at 8:20am
the_FAMAS_pro

quote Phoenixmon
quote the_FAMAS_pro
quote Phoenixmon
Not really. Twitch is only good versus inexperienced players and people who feed him 2-3 kills before 10 mins. Otherwise, he's about as useless as a Sona Bot... Trust me, sona bots are pretty horrible.
No. She kills us all every god damn time

Jun 10, 12 at 8:08am
ShadowCrystallux

quote the_FAMAS_pro
quote Phoenixmon

Jun 10, 12 at 7:36am
the_FAMAS_pro

quote Phoenixmon