Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 » First Impressions! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AS Roma Brisbane Roar Australia MK Dons Elgin City Hibernian FC Barcelona Real Madrid Hellas Verona Lazio Liverpool FC Fluminense Some United Bloke Atalanta Bologna Partick Thistle Palermo Parma Napoli Torino Bromley AFC Bournemouth Arsenal Aston Villa Barnsley Birmingham Blackburn Rovers Blackpool Bolton Wanderers Bradford Brentford Burnley Cardiff City Charlton Athletic Chelsea Chesterfield Crewe Crystal Palace Derby County Everton Exeter Fulham Grimsby Hull City Ipswich Leeds United Leicester City Luton Town Manchester City Manchester United Middlesbrough FC Millwall Newcastle United Norwich Nottingham Forest Peterborough Portsmouth QPR Reading Rotherham United Sheffield United Sheffield Wednesday Southampton Southend United Stevenage Stoke City Swansea Tottenham Tranmere Rovers Watford West Bromwich Albion West Ham Wigan Wolves England FC United of Manchester Olympiakos Milan Fiorentina WC14 Algeria WC14 Argentina WC14 Australia Leighton Baines 3 Leighton Baines Leighton Baines 2 WC14 Belgium WC14 Bosnia and Herzegovina Borussia Dortmund WC14 Brazil Cagliari Catania Aberdeen Celtic Chester WC14 Chile Verona WC14 Ivory Coast WC14 Cameroon WC14 Colombia WC14 Costa Rica WC14 Croatia WC14 Ecuador WC14 England WC14 Spain WC14 France Genoa WC14 Germany WC14 Ghana WC14 Greece Heart of Midlothian WC14 Honduras Casillas Inter WC14 Iran WC14 Italy WC14 Japan Juventus WC14 South Korea Siena WC14 Mexico WC14 Holland WC14 Nigeria Lyon Pescara WC14 Portugal Rangers Real Salt Lake Rugby Town WC14 Russia Sunderland AFC Sampdoria WC14 Switzerland Totti 1 Totti 2 Udinese WC14 Uruguay WC14 USA Van Der Vaart

hideOriginal Post

May 30, 12 at 7:39pmChelskiman

The embargo has just been lifted, so after three weeks of waiting, here are a selection of PES 2013 reviews and impressions taken from the lucky members who attended last month's early hands-on at Konami's press tour in Brazil.

CVG:

"As usual, Konami's presenting its PES 2013 additions in the form of three pillars: Full Control (PES FC), Advanced AI and Player ID. These were mentioned earlier this year in the form of a press release, and we have to admit we weren't exactly blown away. How wrong we were.

"The slower pace, combined with the great PES FC additions, makes for a more tactical, skilful game, which not only shakes off last year's image as 'the arcade footy title' but, according to some FIFA-loving journos on our trip, might seriously be enough to see them switch allegiance this year."

Eurogamer:

"Holding down the tackle button harries an opposition player, holding up the play - while double-tapping the same button sends the player lunging in pursuit of the ball, a challenge that won't necessarily work out, that outcome made more likely by the more advanced close control that's afforded to attacking players."

Winning Eleven Blog:

"The Player ID stuff looked amazing as well, especially with Ronaldo. All his movements in the game look wonderful. The way he runs, dribbles, shoots, passes etc all look extremely lifelike, and bodes well for the other players who are lucky enough to have this treatment."

MeriStation Magazine (Spanish):

"We all remember the extreme lack of skill of the keepers in PES 2012. It seems that the PES Team have not been deaf and has worked hard to provide a response to the rise to the occasion, with an increase in the number of animations included."

Multiplayer.it (Italian):

Talking about Player ID: "Ronaldo, Messi, Kaka, Robben, Iniesta, Neymar, Xavi, Ribery, Puyol and Terry, even with his famous diving header, were shown in sequence in real movies and gaming. We do not yet know the total number of players who will enjoy this "treatment" but we hope that it's as many as possible."

PES News Brasil (Brazilian/Portguese):

"The goalkeepers, a longtime complaint of PES fans, had special attention. Many animations have been added, in addition to improved artificial intelligence of the goalkeepers.

"Defending Response gives greater control over the steals. Pressing X twice, and your player will try to catch the ball, regardless of where it is."

PlayTV.com (Brazilian/Portuguese):

"It is fair to say that the manual passing and shooting require some training by the player who must again absorb a whole series of new commands.

"The production team revealed that they are working on a way to banish the cheats - or anything else malicious let a player win matches illegally."
[Source]

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 16, 12 at 2:32pm
Parmar1993

with regard to the Internationals, i hate having to play with the SAME players every time. players are playing when they're about 41 still. surely some newcomers come into the team and whatnot...

Jun 16, 12 at 2:25pm
BeBop

I realize this thread was not started so we could air our wishes, none the less, all I want is for your BAL player to be made captain of his internation team. Why this hasn't happened yet is beyond me. That is all.

Jun 16, 12 at 5:07am
Tommo

Pretty certain that's what it means as I can't see them removing it entirely. If they did, that would probably be one of the main reasons for dropping the PES series completely, although it wont happen.

Jun 16, 12 at 3:25am
Parmar1993

does that mean that the edit mode is the same as it was in 2012, because i'm fine with that, it is really extensive and doesn't really need changing.

you can do nearly everything with the current edit mode and i'm glad they're leaving it as it is and focusing on other things like improving ML and BAL. or the AI.

Jun 16, 12 at 3:01am
Lone Warrior

quote HH
Konami reveal that "unfortunately", there is no new Edit Mode this year.
:<

Looking forward to first impressions from the gameplay, HH.

Jun 15, 12 at 6:40pm
Chelskiman

quote Tommo
2012 was so unbalanced in the keeper department, it didn't even seem to take the ability of the different keepers into account. I'd go into a game against Chelsea and win 3-0 with 3 proper spawny efforts, then next up would be Norwich and Ruddy would pull off about a dozen worldies.
That's what annoyed me the most. I could put past four against Buffon in the CL then come up against the team that's dead last, pepper their goals all day, but their keeper (probably rated 73) would make the most insane saves. I know sometimes keepers that aren't as good as the top line keepers can have blinders, just as the top line keepers can have stinkers, but it happens far too much on PES, taking away the realism of it all. Once in a blue moon I'd be happy with a scenario which saw a 73 rated keeper making world class saves all day against my 94 rated striker, but not all the time.

Jun 15, 12 at 4:42pm
EricF

Overall, there's definitely a greater feeling to scoring a goal on PES than on Fifa. Scoring goals on Fifa always seems rather repetitive but there's a new sort of feel to every goal on PES, and you'll find that when doing Master League, most of your players will pop up and score goals throughout the season.

Jun 15, 12 at 4:14pm
DaveyPoshboy

Haha quality Highbury Highs, looks very decent.

On the topic of crossing, I always hated it on Fifa- granted I've only extensively played this year's and Fifa 10. Never seemed realistic to me, always too well done (maybe what Cashis was getting at with the laser guide thing).

Always got more of a sense of pride/gratification from scoring from a cross in PES.

Jun 15, 12 at 9:43am
Cashis

Because as a football simulation game it should simulate realistic (ish) football.

Jun 15, 12 at 9:40am
LegendaryLegend

quote parmar1993
i agree with Cashis in that i'd rather make mistakes in the game than having everything go perfectly. it's the mistakes and all that which bring excitement to it.

me and a friend were playing ML and we played Zenit in a Cup game and after clawing back to 2-2 after being 2-0 down, we made a mistake in defence and they scored in the 88th minute to make it 3-2. really exciting and we were buzzing after the game, even though we lost.

it's things like that which make me love PES so much!
But that's the thing I hate most about FIFA. When its scripted, your players make mistakes and dont do what you tell them to. It's shit because what's the point in playing a game when its out of your control? There's pressure on you to score a chance anyway, without the computer giving you a disadvantage.