Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Black Ops II » K/D » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Ops Black Ops 2 Brigadier General Colonel 2nd Lieutenant Ghosts Major Lieutenant Colonel Corporal General Captain Lieutenant General 1st Lieutenant Major General Master Sergeant Modern Warfare Modern Warfare 3 Private Sergant Major Sergeant

hideOriginal Post

May 28, 12 at 12:40pmSolx

So anyone else hear that K/D will NO LONGER be impacted when playing ANY objective game.

Now I have a reason to respect TreyArch.

I personally would like to say thank you to TA for finally shit kicking all the F**k-tard K/D-obsessive noobs *bleep*ing up my objective games, cuz they are so damn insecure about a damn stat that will inevitably be reset when the next game comes out.

I might like this game now, just for this reason.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 02, 12 at 5:43am
KR_1250

quote EricF
KR_1250 and Solx, leave it at that please. No more pictures.
Leave what? Just the pictures?

I dunno what i am allowed to do anymore.

Antipathy. Yeah dude agree'd, thats what i have been trying to say. Removing the K/D stat wont stop anyone camping. No-one wants to hear it though. I am probably going to be avoiding this game and so kinda hope they do remove the stat now. i wotn say "I told ya so". I'll just survey the fallout with a smugness humanity has rarely seen.

And Solx, yeah LOL. I do find that kinda funny. Not the people being shot bit though. Sorry for the late reply i was on holiday.

Jun 26, 12 at 5:24pm
Antipathy

Why the hell have I just read a whinge on the scale of a sorority house full of ovaries? Christ.

Doesn't really make a difference. Im shit at the game, (apparently, or so Im told), and would like to have a KD more exciting than 1/1 or 1.1/1, but I usually mute the mouthbreathing inbreds before carrying on to play how I want.

People will camp because camping gets kills, and is undeniably effective at doing so, regardless of your unproveable 'ultro-counter-camping-tactics', and people like to do well and get kills regardless of whether they can brag and prove it or not.

Jun 23, 12 at 7:10pm
Miss Fortune

Eh, even if they do remove your K/D ratio they're probably going to still keep the number of kills you have and the number of deaths you have. Which, in that case you can just figure out your K/D ratio yourself.

Jun 22, 12 at 5:27pm
Chrono

quote Whelan
Meh, I doubt it'll really deter people. If I get this game, I'll still play Domination and grab kills just like usual.

Jun 22, 12 at 7:53am
Solx

quote EricF
Let's just storm Treyarch's headquarters and mess shit up like the Marilyn Manson video Tainted Love and just manually remove K/D ourselves.

But I was having fun.

KR_1250 I think you'll find this funny. I am Enlisted in the Army as a 68W Combat Medic, so basically I am going to be helping people retain their K/D ratio.

Jun 22, 12 at 7:44am
EricF

Let's just storm Treyarch's headquarters and mess shit up like the Marilyn Manson video Tainted Love and just manually remove K/D ourselves.

Jun 21, 12 at 11:41pm
KR_1250

quote Solx
Ya know what.... Keep the stat, I dont care anymore. Apparently this ratio is extremely vital to the CoD communities existence, so just keep it.

People get their number and I get the satisfaction of shit kicking them off of their pedestal and watching them become a shit stain on impact.

[img link=]http://i45.tinypic.com/2rzf2bd.jpg[/img] This might let you browser show the pic. Btw what browser are you using?
BWUAHAHAHA ! R.Lee Ermey. Love that guy. Yeah that worked. Im using internet explorer but due to my works broswer settings (which i cant access) alot of content is banned. I dunno, its all witchcraft/voodoo to me.

And Matt1234567 i feel you may be aiming more in the right direction there. Still love my killstreaks though.

Jun 21, 12 at 11:37am
Matt 123456789

KD doesn't make people play like dicks, it's the fact that they know they can get rewarded for it with bullshit killstreaks

Jun 21, 12 at 7:49am
Solx

Ya know what.... Keep the stat, I dont care anymore. Apparently this ratio is extremely vital to the CoD communities existence, so just keep it.

People get their number and I get the satisfaction of shit kicking them off of their pedestal and watching them become a shit stain on impact.

Jun 21, 12 at 7:33am
KR_1250

quote Solx
KR_1250 Wait so if you dont play CoD anymore why are you defending the preservation of a stat that can not measure skill.
First off the stat CAN measure skill. Second off i am still a massive fan of the series and that argument just isnt very logical. I dont play basketball anymore, should i stop watching basketball on TV or taking an interest?

Emotional.... Hell lose 15 games in a row, due to people fondling them selves with their super pwnzor k/d and not giving 2 shits about any thing other than that. Yea i might be a little pissed off.
15 in a row? How is that even possible. Statistically you should win more than that on shere chance LOL.

Like everyone else has said; it can not measure skill, cuz people dont play the same.
Like "some people" said. 6 billion humans, not many responses. And it May, or may not measure skill depending how someone plays. It is usually a good statistical representation though. Maybe im not as pessimistic as you and lend the community a little more credit. The community has a lot of bawbags sure, but it isnt every player.

2 people play:
1 = Camps like a bitch, thus has a high K/D.
2 = Plays like a respect human being and does not claim a corner as their own, thru their true skill they have a high K/D.
"Respect human being". Pays taxes, doesnt swear, concentrates at school and does their homework? Just kidding. And what about player 3, the one some of you like to pretend doesnt exist. Plays respectably, doesnt cheat or exploit and still gets a good K/D. Almost unbeleavable i know, but they are out there LOL.

Both can claim being leet, but no one can actually tell who has "skill".... unlesss you watch each one play meticulously.
Yup, hence why you have to take K/D as a rough guide and not a gospel fact. Which i dont think anyone is claiming.

If the stat can be seen only be that player and only in TDM/DM/FFA, where that is the objective then fine, cuz the only way to tell skill it to actually watch a player play...... I actually thought about it and I dont care anymore.
Ehh, fair enough. (And rememebr to watch a player... and look at their stats. Just because someone plays well 2 games in a row doesn make em pro. Their long term stats will back that up or not, one of which is K/D).

Now with CoD track record for having the most possible ways to screw you over, your K/D will get cluster *bleep*ed so much that it can not be reliable after playing for a while. IE Lag (Oh God the Lag), Lag Compensation, People Camping, Spawn Camping, People Head Glitching (people abusing the environment), Being in the basement of a building and hit by a Napalm Strike????, The list could go one forever.
That just sound slike an excuse for playing poorly. Plenty of other players put up with the same crap you do, dont camp, dont cheat, dont exploit and still have decent K/D's. How do you explain them? Are they all campers or hackers?

Now because the game tends to just kill you cuz it gets bored and the game hates you, this will negatively impact you K/D. So with that how can you measure K/D when alot of you Deaths and alot of your Kills happen due to (insert variable from list above) how can you measure skill?
Use K/D as a rough guide. Mixed with W/L and their other stats and as you rightfully said watching the player. No one number will EVER measure skill. No-one is claiming that.

I DO NOT want the stat to be universally seen though, cuz it just gives the community another reason to troll spam a stat that means diddly shit.
Thats your untestable, unsubstantiatable opinion and you have every right to it good sir.

There in a calm.... comprehensible manner, I have given my perspective on this topic.
Thankye kindly Solx

Oh and you posting pics in the vast majority of your threads is extremely childish as well.
I still cant see your pic due to my browser LOL. Bet it was funny though.

If you dont play CoD.... why are you here?
Hopes and dreams of a brighter, better future for all. Hopes and dreams Solx.