Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » Darius » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

May 27, 12 at 8:48pmLorx

Darius the Hand of Noxus

Darius, the Hand of Noxus

Roles: Fighter, Tank
Date Released: May 23rd, 2012
Costs: 6300 IP PointsIcon.png or 975 RP PointsIcon.png
DariusIcon.png

Statistics

Health 426 (+93) Health Regen. 8.25 (+0.95)
Mana 200 (+37.5) Mana Regen. 6 (+0.35)
Attack Damage 50 (+3.5) Attack Speed 0.679 (+2.6%)
Armor 20 (+3.5) Magic Res. 30 (+1.25)
Range 125 Movement Speed 315
AttackPowerIcon.png
DefensePowerIcon.png
DifficultyIcon.png
SpellPowerIcon.png
 Darius, the Hand of Noxus, is a champion which was released May 23rd, 2012.
Patch: v1.0.0.140
HemorrhageIcon.jpg
Hemorrhage
Darius' basic attacks and damaging abilities cause enemies to bleed for 12 / 15 / 18 / 21 / 24 / 27 / 30 / 33 / 36 (+0.4 per bonus attack damage) magic damage over 5 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.

Darius gains 5% movement speed for each bleeding enemy champion.

Ability Description Rank Up
DecimateIcon.jpg
Decimate
(Active): Darius deals physical damage to all nearby enemies in a circle around him. Champions in the outer half of the ability are struck by the blade, taking 50% additional damage.
Cost: 40 mana
Range: 425
Range of Shaft: 270
Range Blade: 155
Cooldown: 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 seconds
Physical Damage: 70 / 105 / 140 / 175 / 210 (+0.7 per bonus attack damage)
Maximum Physical Damage: 105 / 157.5 / 210 / 262.5 / 315 (+1.05 per bonus attack damage)
Crippling StrikeIcon.jpg
Crippling Strike
(Active): Darius' next basic attack deals additional damage and slows the target's movement and attack speed for 2 seconds.

Crippling strike's base cooldown is reduced by 1 second for each stack of Hemorrhage on the target.

Cost: 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 / 50 mana
Range: 145
Cooldown: 8 seconds
Total Physical Damage: 120 / 140 / 160 / 180 / 200%
Slow: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40%
ApprehendIcon.jpg
Apprehend
(Passive): Darius gains armor penetration.
Armor Penetration: 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25%
(Active): Darius pulls in all enemies in front of him.
Cost: 45 mana
Range: 550
Cooldown: 24 / 21 / 18 / 15 / 12 seconds

Noxian GuillotineIcon.jpg
Noxian Guillotine
(Active): Darius leaps to target enemy champion and strikes a lethal blow, dealing true damage. For each stack of Hemorrhage on the target, Noxian Guillotine deals an additional 20% damage.

The cooldown is refreshed immediately if Noxian Guillotine kills the target, or if the target dies within 0.5 seconds after use. Noxian Guillotine will go into cooldown if it is not cast in 12 seconds.

Cost: 100 mana
Range: 475
Cooldown: 120 / 100 / 80 seconds
True Damage: 160 / 250 / 340 (+0.75 per bonus attack damage)
Maximum True Damage: 320 / 500 / 680
Champions

Came across today what has got to be the best review of Darius I've seen:

quote Ciderhelm
He is very strong against most melee champions. Having zero opportunity to outplay and go against a fed Darius is frustrating when you're playing against them.

His mechanics encourage not just taking kills, but taking multiple kills quickly even if allies could have gotten them. Playing w/ a Darius on your team deprives you of some enjoyment, but that's not the fault of the Darius player so much as the champion design that encourages the Darius player to take as many kills as possible. Even built heavily for tanking, he will perform wonderfully.

And in those situations where you shut down a Darius with crowd controls or just overpowering melee range damage, the Darius player themselves has no counterplay. This is because he's an all-in champion with no gap closers, no speed boosts, and no escapes.

In the end, either Darius is not having fun, or up to 9 other players in the match aren't having as much fun as they should be. The fact that he can -- and is encouraged by design to -- actively make the game less enjoyable for allies (especially AP/Ranged AD carries) just isn't good design.
Darius overall feels like a champ you take for his ult, or not at all, and that ult just doesn't...fit with the game. But on the other hand, nerfing it means he's more pointless than his counterpart, Garen, who is already kinda eh. I wonder if he'll get something akin to a complete rework.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 29, 12 at 3:51am
ShadowCrystallux

Maybe make max hemorrhage stack to 3? Or lower the true damage bonus? Hmm, all I know is that Darius needs either a major nerf or a complete re-work. Varus was an excellent addition, darius was an irritating and annoying mistake .

May 28, 12 at 9:42pm
Inuyasha19

In my placement games, I had three different games where people would DC midgame and leave us 3v5. I also had other people who would rage and afk. My ELO afterwards was terrible, and now I'm stuck in the 1000-1200 baddie bads area. So even if I do good and I outCS or out play most of their team, its not enough to win because everyone else is so bad.

I know I'm bad, but I'm not going to learn anything from other bad players, hence my rage.

Oh, and to be back on topic, I think the hemorrhage stack needs to be nerfed a bit as well. It's already bad enough he has the hook and the true damage swing, he doesn't need the swing to do 1k damage.

May 28, 12 at 2:32pm
Vapid Soul

It is not true. This is a team effort game and despite all of your good decision making, you will be the last one standing to defend nexus. In ranked I just pray I don't get matched with retards and try to avoid bashing on them as much as possible >_>

May 28, 12 at 11:15am
Inuyasha

Seems like you still have a problem with ranked. I do too, but I put up with it, even if I curse a tad more than I'd like.

I understand what you're saying, and I'm not going to say ranked stats mean everything, but they certainly don't mean nothing like so many people say.

I'm pretty high elo, and I play with alot of friends around 1200-1500 who are notably not as good as I. They say that my elo is luck and doesn't determine my skill level, sometimes they're joking, sometimes they believe that. The fact is, I'm better at the game, and I play smarter, too.

Bad attitude and poor sportsmanship is a problem in all game modes. I played dominion yesterday and kids were bitching because I played Twitch. I was amazed how pissy kids got in an unranked fun type mode like dominion.

In ranked the blame game is just too common because not many people admit their mistakes, especially when losing. And alot of the times the one doing well rages too hard and puts a crutch on the ones doing poorly, and when morale is low, it's even harder to comeback.

This is getting off topic. Praps we'll make a new thread if this continues.

To keep this back on topic Darius' passive is also in need of a nerf, giving you +25% movement speed in a teamfight if you hit each enemy once with an ability or auto attack is too strong.

May 28, 12 at 10:57am
Tiger go Meow

I have fun regardless Inuyasha. Ranked. Blind. Draft. It doesn't matter to me. I like the fun factor of playing, and could care less about points and rankings. Why? Because I'm familiar with how ranking systems and points can affect the chances for other players. WoW it was exceptionally bad.

I spent a month trying to get a ranked team together because people were dropping me left and right because I was fresh to the arena, or I made a mistake because I just wasn't able to keep pace properly. Not to mention didn't know how my team coordination worked with my partners and how I should face other character types/races.

When they introduced ranked premades for BG's it got even worse. I couldn't even get onto one because I was new and people were like "omgwtf. You need to be 2k ranked Arena to join our PVP guild to even make our Premade groups."

It's aggravating when people rob you of the experience of playing organized ranked games because they are so stuck in the mud about their points. They lose the joy of playing in the name of competition and ego. It's disheartening in a way. There is a large amount of turn off, when I'm just starting to learn my selected champ and everyone is all like "WTF NOOB" everytime I die.

I think bad sport maship and shitty attitudes are far more disheartening, infuriating, and "not fun" to losing a couple of points because Joe just started Ranked with my team and isn't used to the level of competition yet.

May 28, 12 at 10:39am
Inuyasha

quote Tiger go Meow
I dunno, there's a certain level of "fun" that occurs when you're even on the losing team. That insane thrill that you might just be able to turn this around, and the need to push harder to keep your base safe to feed your team enough to make a counter assault? I've had so many losing games that were more intense and fun than my winning games, and losing games that turned into some wins for me and my team.
In a ranked game, that thrill is replaced with stress and fear of losing some elo over idiots who didn't play well. In a solo que normal setting, I usually just practice champions and lanes, so if I'm losing I figure I still need more practice, or the aforementioned team full of idiots.

In a team of friends its hilarious when you're losing. You've got one friend who is try-hard all day err day, one friend who is bitching nonstop that his lane needs ganks or his opponent is OP (which if you're laning against a competent Darius, I guess it could be), one friend trolling the rest of the team, and the friends who are carrying or laughing at the rest of the team.

May 28, 12 at 10:26am
Fluroclad

I don't like the way how Riot Games are pushing towards characters who deal true damage to take out other tanks. This is a very good concept but at the end of the day it isn't implemented in the best possible way and lots of the champs who deal true damage at a fixed amount will see hundreds of nerfs due to the communities hate towards that champion. For example carries are considered the squishest champions on the team and if all the enemy team has to do is damage the champion and then send another champion such as Cho'Gath or Darius to finish them off it ruins the whole game.

May 28, 12 at 3:52am
ShadowCrystallux

I hate Darius. When he is on my team, he steals every last kill in my lane, or in the teamfight or in the gank of my lane. Every last kill. When he is against me well let's just say I get focused by the other four members of his team, I usually just make it out then he ults me. 3 things to nerf about darius, a) lower the extra damage his passive does when he ults them, b) get rid of the ultimate refresher or make it a longer cooldown and make it half refresh and/or c) re-work him. He's the most irritating champion by far.

Edit: In addition, I just played a game with him. I got 12-2-15 as malzahar in a bot game and darius stole about 8 of my kills. I'm usually very humble about KSing. In fact, sometimes I embrace it and tell them they probably needed the kill more than me. But darius, well, just no. It isn't that he's op. It isn't that he's a champion that I'm likely to never use. It's just his ability to steal 40% of my kills or more, in that of a more trained darius. It's annoying and it's kind of wrecking the game's that he's in. Hopefully, the next champion will have a passive that says, 'Blocks all True damage.' Then see how that annoying little darius does. Ooohh I will be vengeful.

May 28, 12 at 2:50am
Tiger go Meow

I dunno, there's a certain level of "fun" that occurs when you're even on the losing team. That insane thrill that you might just be able to turn this around, and the need to push harder to keep your base safe to feed your team enough to make a counter assault? I've had so many losing games that were more intense and fun than my winning games, and losing games that turned into some wins for me and my team.

Most the time when there were wins in Blind Pick it was just because of the gap of experience and ability between players. That is not fun.

What is also not fun is when you're trying to run a counter push down middle lane to recover lost ground when the oppurtunity arises, and your whole party gets slammed by Darius along the way.

On the winning side it becomes less fun with Darius because I sat a whole match as Akali just getting every kill stolen from me. Every-time I would have had that crucial moment for the final blow, robbed. It gets very agitating after awhile, and I'm kind of glad I've been lucky when it comes to not getting a (good/decent) Darius in my party, or in the opposing party.

In all instances I spent the whole game pissed off, and cursing.

May 27, 12 at 11:32pm
Inuyasha

I agree with most of his statement, but depriving the enemy of fun shouldn't have been mentioned. More likely than not if you're losing you wouldn't be having as much fun as if you were winning.

Darius is incredibly strong in lane versus any other melee and he wins almost every exchange I see. But like Cider said, he's all in and has nothing to get to the carry's with, besides a summoner. Ashe kiting is hilarious against him and leaves him useless for what a melee character is often used for; getting to the carry whether by tanking or damage and hurting them.

I'm not sure as to how they need to alter his ultimate, perhaps not a complete cooldown refresh, more mana cost, I don't know. He is a top-stomp champion who will encourage more Nidalee and Kennen top.