Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » Messing with the Meta » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

May 24, 12 at 6:17pmLorx

Continued from the GD

quote Inuyasha
Pantheon/Talon work well to counter AP mid's, I see Vayne top alot which I would assume works well because she has a nice speed boost, small dash, and a knock-back.

Kill Lanes for bot usually consist of people with stuns, hard slows, and throwbacks. My favourite is Volibear and Pantheon, or Volibear and Corki if you want still want an Ranged AD.

Panth mixed with anybody bot who has a stun/pull is hilarious against players with no concept of range. He just does so much damage early game. It's like a super-killbot lane. The only weakness is if you fight a pair that outranges panth and his partner's skills, and utilize that range, since you won't have a chance to really grab them.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 25, 12 at 9:23pm
Inuyasha

Double mid is fine in normal games, depending on who you're against.

Just went Galio mid against Anivia and Ahri. Hilarious. They tried to poke me down while I 2-shot the creep waves. Once I got my Chalice of Harmony, I never ran out of mana. I'd kill the waves, kill the wraiths, rinse and repeat.

May 25, 12 at 9:02pm
ShadowCrystallux

quote Lorx
Kind of depends on the mid combo tbh, you'll be splitting farm, which means if you let the opposing mage get any farm whatsoever, they'll keep up and eventually surpass you. If he's in trouble, midlane is the easiest thing ever to gank since it has so many entrances. I actually fought against an un-intentional doublemid (their Lux was trolling their LB), and our Victor was struggling for the first five or ten minutes, before beginning to not care about either of them. Since their farm was so low, by the time they exited the lane, they didn't have enough items to actually do anything.

It's the same kind of deal as doubletop, it'll work, but only if you can reliably kill the poor sap you're laning against. If you can't reliably kill him (or hyperpush the lane), you lose out hard midgame.
Why would anyone do double mid? Just sayin'. Also I always seem to win double top vs the one. I love nearly always being ranged .

May 25, 12 at 2:20pm
Lorx

Kind of depends on the mid combo tbh, you'll be splitting farm, which means if you let the opposing mage get any farm whatsoever, they'll keep up and eventually surpass you. If he's in trouble, midlane is the easiest thing ever to gank since it has so many entrances. I actually fought against an un-intentional doublemid (their Lux was trolling their LB), and our Victor was struggling for the first five or ten minutes, before beginning to not care about either of them. Since their farm was so low, by the time they exited the lane, they didn't have enough items to actually do anything.

It's the same kind of deal as doubletop, it'll work, but only if you can reliably kill the poor sap you're laning against. If you can't reliably kill him (or hyperpush the lane), you lose out hard midgame.

May 25, 12 at 12:22pm
baragon600

imho double mid is better than a jungler in most situations. it completely shuts down if they decide to send someone else mid they aren't usually prepared to deal with an organised double mid and get shut down. leaving them with a shut down ap carry one of the side lanes loses turret and the person they send mid gets shut down. sounds a lot better than having a gank every once in a while .

May 25, 12 at 11:40am
Inuyasha

If I saw AoE comp, I'd force the AD into Tristana.

A jump, a huge knockback, the longest ranged carry in late game, and the inevitable QSS she would need to buy makes her seemingly uncatchable.

If the enemy pursues her, that's alot of abilities/summoners wasted and hopefully your team can use that for an advantage, if they give up on Trist and take the rest of the team out, well, then the AD Carry is ignored...

You don't leave the AD Carry ignored.

Of course this is all theory-crafting, but it's these types of reasons why assassins and the berserk Olaf are vital to the game.

May 25, 12 at 10:41am
Chaosfire

baragon600 and I double mid sometimes. It works well if you have someone trustworthy solo top, because most people will react by sending somebody thats top mid, however, the matchup normally isn't in their favor. Baragon and I run lanes like Anivia/Sion, Blitz/Sion for the long range cc, and burst. If they don't send anyone mid, the lane is lost, and the ap carry is shut down. if they do, then the top wins lane, and we still normally succeed. Helps when you're not playing blitz with 500 ping though.
Also I play support nautilus.
Edit: Played against a sniper duo team once.
Varus and Nidalee.

May 25, 12 at 10:37am
A Wind Powered Moose

Janna can be banned. She is the only thing that counters an AoE team. It's why it worked at Hanover and Kiev.

Eh, I still feel like if you're good enough at Urgot, you can completely stall a push lane. Which is what M5 did I think.

That's why it was the last one, it was a joke.

I don't really want these metas back, as it's hard to really bring back a meta, but they were more fun than this bullshit top and bot lane sit and farm all day.

May 25, 12 at 9:43am
Inuyasha

quote Inuyasha19
When you guys talk about messing up the meta, are you doing it in a pre-made game? Because every time I even think about messing up the meta by trying something new, I just get yelled at. =/

Yeah, I often go support Volibear when I'm qued with a few friends, one friend, or a party of friends and one of them wants to AD. I don't even consider him trolling anymore like when I first picked him up, because the AD's are too squishy that even if you're fighting with low health, if you flip them and slow them they will often not have the courage to fight back, and if they do, Volibear's regenerative passive is hilarious to watch at early levels, or throughout the game where someone will ignite you and walk away, but they'll never hear that pleasing "An enemy has been slain" voice.

Janna, QSS, and an assassin for AoE meta, Push lane bot (Nunu + Kog, Nunu + anyone really) for roaming meta, and well that Sunfires on Stealth was never a meta just a troll that outplayed people who couldn't watch their health...

I'm glad it's gone.

May 25, 12 at 8:08am
A Wind Powered Moose

Bring back the AoE meta!

Bring back the roaming meta!

Bring back the stacking sunfires on stealth characters meta!

May 25, 12 at 7:34am
RazeHell

A team of Ahri, Malphite, Alistar, Blitzkrank, and Pantheon is the devil's team.

The amount of CC is truly, truly outrageous.