Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time » Techniques » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 22, 12 at 5:56pmdaveyd

(The number is the maximum level attainable):

Judgment/5 (self) Increase ability to decipher obtained rings

Critical/5 (self) Increase chance to dealing a critical hit

Accuracy UP/5 Increases chance of dealing a successful physical attack

Night vision/5 Use it in dungeons and you can see further in the darkness

Analyze/5 Use it on an enemy to view the stats, strengths, and weaknesses

Poison attack/5 Increase chance of dealing poison to an enemy

Venom attack/5 Increase chance of dealing venom to an enemy

Petrify attack /5 | Increase chance of dealing petrification to an enemy

Faint attack/5 Increase chance of dealing faint to an enemy by physical attack

Shorten item /5 Shortens atw after item usage.

Decoy/1 Increase chances of enemy attacking the character

Silent steps/5 Reduces the encounter field. Useful for avoiding field encounters

Magic resistance /5 Increase all magic resistances

Critical Strike/5 Deals a bigger damage to an enemy

Time bomb/5 Deals damage to all units near it, including allies

MOV UP/5 Increases character's movement

Mirage/5 Increase chance of creating a mirage while being attacked to avoid any hurt

HP UP/5 Temporarily Increases maximum HP

MP UP/5 Temporarily Increase maximum MP

Plunder/5 If successful, steals an item from an enemy and also inflicts damage

Piercing attack / 5 Attack all enemies in a designated straight line. (May hurt allies as well if they are in area)

Chanting delay / 5 If successful, it will be able to decrease the magic level the enemy is chanting. Highest is 2 levels, e.g: from lv 4 to 2

Concentration /5 Increase chance of preventing extra damage when character is attacked while chanting a spell

Indirect range /5 Increase range of indirect physical attacks

Magic range /5 Increase range of spell(area)

Shorten chant time /5 Shorten chant time

All-round attack/5 Deal dmg to all enemies in area around the character but only 75% of the normal damage

Soul break/5 Takes away both HP and MP from target

Sharp eye/5 Increase chance of avoiding attacks

Continuous magic/5 Chanting is not disrupted

Sudden death attack /5 Very low chance of sudden death unless the character using this
has a much higher level, e.g: lv 40 character using it on a level 10 enemy. But then you just need a normal attack to kill the weak enemy. This is useful only if you need to use a melee technique but ran out of the others

Dash/5 Double MOV for a limited period of time.

Prevention of bad status effects / 5 level 1oison+venom, level 2: halt movement(caused by bind), level 3: silence+ sleep, level 4: faint, level 5: petrify+ sudden death. Forget about this and spend the time learning the one below

Immunity (to bad status effects) / 5 temporary immunity

Chanting guard /5 Reduce dmg done when attacked during chanting.

Reduce MP usage /5 Reduce the amount of MP used, will be good if your magic characters(such asFrane) have it

Berserk/5 Character goes berserk, in other words, uncontrollable.

Death curse/5 Once time is up, targeted enemy will die(if successful), as long as your character is still alive by then

MP absorb/5 Use Inferno with this skill and you'll make fights so much faster and easier

HP absorb/5 You gain a certain amount of HP back after attacking an enemy. Decent, but not absolutely necessary.

Strengthen magic /5 Makes your magic stronger, but requires 50% more MP. Use it in dangerous situations such as healing dying characters with weaker magic such as Cure(but faster)

Counter/5 Increase chance of a counter. Good for your frontline characters

Prolonged concentration/1 Same effect as concentration, only longer and better

Magic LV UP/5 Temporarily Increase magic levels

Regenerator/5 Regenerates a certain amount of HP past every fixed time period

Inferno/5 Strongest melee technique in the entire game. Attacks group of enemies The more MP your character has, the better the effect

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 25, 12 at 1:42pm
CoarseDragon

quote daveyd
quote CoarseDragon
quote kratoscar2011
CoarseDragon, daveyd

Good news regarding the skill learning, by finishing the collisseum and later defeating all enemies in the Monster masacre you get 3 level 9 Red Yellow and Green gem with an ??????? ability, this gorgeous gems allow a character to learn all Thecnics, Passive abilities, and magic respectively but onlly innate skills that the characters learn via gem. This means that by equipping this level 9 green gem for example you get AP FOR ALL THE MAGIC ABILITIES that character can learn naturally, this allowed me to get all my character almost all their skills.
Wow, that is so cool.

If you have any information on other Gems or Rings please let us know. I think Gems and Rings would be the last sections that need work until we can get real information from the game.
I found a gems guide which has a list of all the gems and the skills they give you. I can post a list in a thread and then add them to the wiki little by little.

Is the current wiki format (category for each color / level) the way we should keep it?
Edit:

I have made the adjustment to Gems and White Gems.

I think we can go with that. I'll adjust those tables today I hope.

May 25, 12 at 1:22pm
daveyd

quote CoarseDragon
quote kratoscar2011
CoarseDragon, daveyd

Good news regarding the skill learning, by finishing the collisseum and later defeating all enemies in the Monster masacre you get 3 level 9 Red Yellow and Green gem with an ??????? ability, this gorgeous gems allow a character to learn all Thecnics, Passive abilities, and magic respectively but onlly innate skills that the characters learn via gem. This means that by equipping this level 9 green gem for example you get AP FOR ALL THE MAGIC ABILITIES that character can learn naturally, this allowed me to get all my character almost all their skills.
Wow, that is so cool.

If you have any information on other Gems or Rings please let us know. I think Gems and Rings would be the last sections that need work until we can get real information from the game.
I found a gems guide which has a list of all the gems and the skills they give you. I can post a list in a thread and then add them to the wiki little by little.

Is the current wiki format (category for each color / level) the way we should keep it?

May 25, 12 at 1:15pm
CoarseDragon

quote kratoscar2011
CoarseDragon, daveyd

Wow, that is so cool.

May 25, 12 at 1:11pm
kratoscar2011

CoarseDragon, daveyd

May 25, 12 at 12:17pm
CoarseDragon

quote kratoscar2011
quote daveyd
quote CoarseDragon
quote daveyd
Nice addition. I'll try to add this tomorrow.

Do you know if there are any techniques or spells that are unique to a character, that is to say no one esle has that skill or can get that skill/technique?
I haven't read anything about tech / magic that is unique to a character. I think I read that each character has certain innate skills (Skills that they don't require a gem to learn). kratoscar2011 will know for sure though.
Exactly only their limit ability are different (Tough some limit abilities have the same function), depending on the characters they dont learn abilities naturally, for example Vallery can learn Cycle Up but Regiena dont, Regiena can learn Magic Shell and Vallery dont, the same applies to thecniks and skills.
Good to know. Probably need to create a "Usable by" field in the spell and techniques tables.

May 24, 12 at 6:07pm
kratoscar2011

quote daveyd
quote CoarseDragon
quote daveyd

Do you know if there are any techniques or spells that are unique to a character, that is to say no one esle has that skill or can get that skill/technique?
I haven't read anything about tech / magic that is unique to a character. I think I read that each character has certain innate skills (Skills that they don't require a gem to learn). kratoscar2011 will know for sure though.
Exactly only their limit ability are different (Tough some limit abilities have the same function), depending on the characters they dont learn abilities naturally, for example Vallery can learn Cycle Up but Regiena dont, Regiena can learn Magic Shell and Vallery dont, the same applies to thecniks and skills.

May 24, 12 at 12:18pm
CoarseDragon

quote daveyd
quote CoarseDragon
quote daveyd

I recall the other Growlanser games I played most characters had some skill they did not need to learn from a Gem or Book. Some I think even came from romance.

Edit: Added Technique table.

Take a look and make sure it looks good.

May 24, 12 at 4:06am
daveyd

quote CoarseDragon
quote daveyd

May 23, 12 at 6:30pm
CoarseDragon

quote daveyd

May 22, 12 at 5:56pm
daveyd

(The number is the maximum level attainable):

Judgment/5 (self) Increase ability to decipher obtained rings

Critical/5 (self) Increase chance to dealing a critical hit

Accuracy UP/5 Increases chance of dealing a successful physical attack

Night vision/5 Use it in dungeons and you can see further in the darkness

Analyze/5 Use it on an enemy to view the stats, strengths, and weaknesses

Poison attack/5 Increase chance of dealing poison to an enemy

Venom attack/5 Increase chance of dealing venom to an enemy

Petrify attack /5 | Increase chance of dealing petrification to an enemy

Faint attack/5 Increase chance of dealing faint to an enemy by physical attack

Shorten item /5 Shortens atw after item usage.

Decoy/1 Increase chances of enemy attacking the character

Silent steps/5 Reduces the encounter field. Useful for avoiding field encounters

Magic resistance /5 Increase all magic resistances

Critical Strike/5 Deals a bigger damage to an enemy

Time bomb/5 Deals damage to all units near it, including allies

MOV UP/5 Increases character's movement

Mirage/5 Increase chance of creating a mirage while being attacked to avoid any hurt

HP UP/5 Temporarily Increases maximum HP

MP UP/5 Temporarily Increase maximum MP

Plunder/5 If successful, steals an item from an enemy and also inflicts damage

Piercing attack / 5 Attack all enemies in a designated straight line. (May hurt allies as well if they are in area)

Chanting delay / 5 If successful, it will be able to decrease the magic level the enemy is chanting. Highest is 2 levels, e.g: from lv 4 to 2

Concentration /5 Increase chance of preventing extra damage when character is attacked while chanting a spell

Indirect range /5 Increase range of indirect physical attacks

Magic range /5 Increase range of spell(area)

Shorten chant time /5 Shorten chant time

All-round attack/5 Deal dmg to all enemies in area around the character but only 75% of the normal damage

Soul break/5 Takes away both HP and MP from target

Sharp eye/5 Increase chance of avoiding attacks

Continuous magic/5 Chanting is not disrupted

Sudden death attack /5 Very low chance of sudden death unless the character using this
has a much higher level, e.g: lv 40 character using it on a level 10 enemy. But then you just need a normal attack to kill the weak enemy. This is useful only if you need to use a melee technique but ran out of the others

Dash/5 Double MOV for a limited period of time.

Prevention of bad status effects / 5 level 1oison+venom, level 2: halt movement(caused by bind), level 3: silence+ sleep, level 4: faint, level 5: petrify+ sudden death. Forget about this and spend the time learning the one below

Immunity (to bad status effects) / 5 temporary immunity

Chanting guard /5 Reduce dmg done when attacked during chanting.

Reduce MP usage /5 Reduce the amount of MP used, will be good if your magic characters(such asFrane) have it

Berserk/5 Character goes berserk, in other words, uncontrollable.

Death curse/5 Once time is up, targeted enemy will die(if successful), as long as your character is still alive by then

MP absorb/5 Use Inferno with this skill and you'll make fights so much faster and easier

HP absorb/5 You gain a certain amount of HP back after attacking an enemy. Decent, but not absolutely necessary.

Strengthen magic /5 Makes your magic stronger, but requires 50% more MP. Use it in dangerous situations such as healing dying characters with weaker magic such as Cure(but faster)

Counter/5 Increase chance of a counter. Good for your frontline characters

Prolonged concentration/1 Same effect as concentration, only longer and better

Magic LV UP/5 Temporarily Increase magic levels

Regenerator/5 Regenerates a certain amount of HP past every fixed time period

Inferno/5 Strongest melee technique in the entire game. Attacks group of enemies The more MP your character has, the better the effect