Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Kid Icarus: Uprising » Three Sacred Treasures » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the forum! Check out our friend code database!Remember to abide by the sitewide rules when posting!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 21, 12 at 4:27pmSymphonic Abyss

For those of you that have played pretty far into the game, Chapter 9 (Medusa's Final Battle) and Chapter 23 (Lord of the Underworld) both use the Three Sacred Treasures. Have any of you attempted, or even beaten, these chapters without using these ancient weapons? To disable them, click the centurion's helmet icon when selecting a level, and it'll turn gray, allowing you to play it with whatever's currently equipped.

I really find this fun to do. I've only beaten Ch. 9 with this method, as I haven't attempted Ch. 23 without them yet. It's not really difficult if you have a weapon that is more powerful than the Treasures. I'd assume that they're around Power 200 - 220, as my Power 256 Lancer Staff blows them away when it comes to destroying enemies quickly. Doing it with a stronger weapon doesn't really provide much of a challenge, but it gives an interesting conversation (at least in Ch. 9) between Palutena and Pit.

And for the others who have beaten the game, would you like the option to use the Three Sacred Treasures on every other chapter, including Ch. 25 (even if it would break the story)? I feel like it could've been cool to see them on every other chapter, even though they'd probably break even faster than when Hades broke them in Ch. 23! Apparently, they've already gotten quite a bit of wear and tear, so I can imagine that it'd be a mess to try and continually use these great weapons.

What are your thoughts?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 06, 12 at 5:27pm
GS

Tell Ya What On Every Single air battle(Including ones W/ Sacred Treasures) Keep using Aurum Orbitars They Help... ALOT.

Oct 06, 12 at 5:07pm
Kid icarus 101

the mirror sheild does do something: if you stand at the right angle any weak range shots will be deflected. and what do the peguses wings do in uprising?

May 24, 12 at 12:28pm
Captain Nerditude

quote nathanx
the ornes r east to dodge:)
I'm guessing you meant to either say they're easy to beat or you were expressing gang pride for East Side.

No they aren't easy when you are on high difficulties and have other things to look out for!

May 23, 12 at 5:22pm
nathanx

quote Symphonic Abyss
quote Captain Nerditude
I've found my weapons are much better than the Three Sacred Treasures, but I can't seem to beat Chapter 23 without them. Those dang 1-hit-KO skull guys are just kind of hard to dodge for me.
The Ornes? Yeah, I hate those too. In Ch. 24, when you're trying to get Dyntos to build the Great Sacred Treasure, I always end up having a staring contest with the one at the top of those spiral stairs because I'm too terrified to go up there. Eventually though, I make a dash for it and hope it doesn't nudge me! Those things are terrible, especially since the music changes and...eugh.

Pit does look pretty cool in these now that I think about it! Even so, looks really aren't worth it in this game, especially since I've found that strategies can make or break you...and they usually break me! I'd love to use these more often if they were stronger, but they're honestly weak and make everything else look super powerful.
the ornes r east to dodge:)

May 23, 12 at 6:33am
Epsalon X

Chapter 23 wasn't really a big deal, since you lose them after the air battle anyway.

I did it once on Chapter 9, cause it unlocks one of the treasure hunt blocks. Not too difficult with a decent weapon. I like the Arrows of Light though. They are powerful, and aren't they the ONLY weapon that can defeat an Orne? BTW, I know the Pegasus Wings do, but does the Mirror Shield have any function at all in Uprising?

May 22, 12 at 7:55pm
Symphonic Abyss

quote Captain Nerditude
I've found my weapons are much better than the Three Sacred Treasures, but I can't seem to beat Chapter 23 without them. Those dang 1-hit-KO skull guys are just kind of hard to dodge for me.
The Ornes? Yeah, I hate those too. In Ch. 24, when you're trying to get Dyntos to build the Great Sacred Treasure, I always end up having a staring contest with the one at the top of those spiral stairs because I'm too terrified to go up there. Eventually though, I make a dash for it and hope it doesn't nudge me! Those things are terrible, especially since the music changes and...eugh.

Pit does look pretty cool in these now that I think about it! Even so, looks really aren't worth it in this game, especially since I've found that strategies can make or break you...and they usually break me! I'd love to use these more often if they were stronger, but they're honestly weak and make everything else look super powerful.

May 22, 12 at 5:30pm
Captain Nerditude

quote nathanx
quote RegalBryant
I do wish the sacred bow could be a weapon.
its called the bow of light or sumthin like that
No, you can't get the Great Sacred Treasure bow as your own weapon, guys. That'd be cool, but it's not on the game to keep.

May 22, 12 at 4:11pm
nathanx

quote RegalBryant
I do wish the sacred bow could be a weapon.
its called the bow of light or sumthin like that

May 22, 12 at 3:36pm
Team Hydro Aura

I LOVE using the treasures, but I've played both of the levels with regular weapons(for speedrunning/unlocking). They look great on Pit, too. XD
It'd be awesome if there were a way to use them on every level. c:

May 22, 12 at 11:54am
Captain Nerditude

What I'd like to do is use the Great Sacred Treasure on other levels. I just loved using that thing!