Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Minecraft – Pocket Edition » Has anyone noticed how it is impossible to get resources in this game? » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Party Bomb Cow Tipper Explosive Diamond Emerald Ender Eye Ender Pearl Lurker Archer Miner No-Brainer
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

May 21, 12 at 7:15amHuntereb

To get some coal, I had to dig downward 100+ blocks before I finally found about 3 blocks. Then I could go back up and make torches. If it took me 30+ minutes to find plain coal, how hard is it for other people to find things such as diamonds, or redstone? Is anyone else having this much trouble, or does it just depend on the seed you start with?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 22, 13 at 6:43pm
kbfc00

why dont u all use wood at the furnace to make charcoal since coal are scarce in Pocket Edition.

Nov 22, 12 at 4:44pm
ims2golfer

Well there arn't even caves in this version so...

Nov 20, 12 at 11:24pm
blueberry4everlw

Well if you play your cards right it works well for me. I've been able to find gold, redstone, and iron in multiple seeds by digging straight down. If you scan beaches, big mountains, and hoe for seeds you do pretty well. The only sad thing is I haven't been able to find ANY reed anywhere on my seed! .

Jul 31, 12 at 1:27pm
Tonianne

Sometimes it is hard to find coal and ores but eventually you will find it if you dig down far but I was just playing and I found coal in the side of two mountains. If you dig down a little then I think the first ore you would find is iron I think. Hope this helps!!!!!

Jul 18, 12 at 11:59am
Calabur the hedgehog

for the love of god get the crafting table and then make a furnis then u can smelter. doy

Jul 03, 12 at 9:31am
acewardog

I once spawned where there were like 8 trees in front of me and a small cave SMALL and there were 3 lumps of coal

So...

Jun 28, 12 at 5:08pm
Mrblikey

Honestly, it really depends on how lucky you get with your world generation. When I first played survival on the iOS my first night was a living nightmare because I couldn't find any coal, but I suppose all people happen upon that, regardless of whether they're on the PC or the iOS. You can still find coal fairly easily along mountainsides and the like, so look around places like that.

Jun 25, 12 at 2:34pm
spikypichulover007

It took me until a few days ago to realise that you could mine lapis with a stone pick axe, derp.
You do have to do a lot of mining to find anything. My method is to block myself in in a small house above the surface, turn the ipod screen brightness up to the max and then did straight down. Hasn't failed me yet. However you do end up with lots of cobble, so I build a castle

EDIT: It just failed, I was going back up and a zombie jumped on my head and killed me Only do this if you have a little bit of coal already as you need torches

Jun 01, 12 at 5:59pm
bobb

yes, it is hard i have found that if you run araund and look at stone moutains you can find enough coal at least for me, and ive found 15ish blocks of iron, but because you can make lots of stuff in ipod that you can on the computer, like the furnace, iron is worthless, with dioamons too. they need another huge update like when you craft, you can make a boul, but no soup, and you cant make a bed with the wool you get, and you need to be able to make chests too because im always running out of room on the block and recourse page

May 31, 12 at 7:19am
spikypichulover007

Sadly, diamonds and redstone and such have no use on this version of minecraft because you cannot smelt anything. Huntereb, you probably shouldn't bother looking for ores. The game desperately needs an update

As for finding coal, I usually just look for it in the side of hills or dig straight down in the safety of my own home, you find it eventually