Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Diablo III » Best Connection / Lag Advice in the Game » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 18, 12 at 1:16pmDameron

I see tons of people having severe connectivity issues (myself included) so I thought I would tell you how to fix the majority of it and what it does. When you start Diablo3.exe and BEFORE you press play, click on the options menu and look for a check box that says "enable peer-to-peer" and UNcheck it.

This will NOT hinder your gameplay in any manner. Blizzard added torrent downloads for the client install and updates. If you are unfamilar with what a torrent is, imagine going to the grocery story with a shopping list. If you shop for those items all by yourself, it might take you an hour to get your shopping done. Now imagine 100 people helping you go get all the items on your list... you will be done in 10 minutes. A torrent is those 100 people helping you.

Pros of Torrents: Took em 30 minutes to download the client.
Cons of Torrents: (in D3) Holy mother of lag while playing.

Hope this helps!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 08, 13 at 2:00pm
harhis23

This information is definitely helpful! Appreciate you for making this available here.

I just wish the devs would make this option disabled already so nobody else would encounter such network problem the next time.

Mar 18, 13 at 12:43pm
Auron32

quote PlaystationGuru
MY advice on this would be to get a better computer a better computer will make sure there is no lag for you. This is only one way to fix the problem but I think a good way.
its due to always on DRM, any extra work for internet connection WILL directly hamper your gaming performance. Not being rude or anything, i suggest you do research before automatically assuming its a lack of power...

Dec 02, 12 at 8:04am
Crusad3r

quote PlaystationGuru
MY advice on this would be to get a better computer a better computer will make sure there is no lag for you. This is only one way to fix the problem but I think a good way.
Diablo 3 requires very little computing power to run. The graphics aren't great and unless there are big mobs of enemies, there aren't that many animations on the screen to process.

The problems talked about here are the connection issues, not processing issues.

Nov 30, 12 at 10:44am
PlaystationGuru

Jun 08, 12 at 3:35am
firestorm79

will turning this off effect the speed of the updates from time to time?

May 25, 12 at 2:18pm
Dameron

Bobbonew: I was complaining about the lag in general chat as so many people do and a fellow gamer sent me a message and asked me if I had unchecked the peer-to-peer option. Not being sure what he meant, I asked and he explained in step by step detail. I have been very greatful ever since!

May 22, 12 at 7:13pm
Orgazmo

I've since turned it off, as well. As little work as my puny connection has to do, the better.

May 22, 12 at 12:37am
Shiris

thanks, i remember i turned it off in the beta but i actually forgot to turn it off again in retail.

May 20, 12 at 11:06pm
bobbonew

Wow not going to lie, this is absolutely ridiculous that Blizzard added this in and I had no idea. I've asked a mod to add a caption and temporarily sticky this. Just for transparency, how'd you find this out Dameron? Any links you can share?

May 20, 12 at 5:48pm
Dameron

People should see this, bump.