Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Animal Crossing: New Leaf » Addition as mayor... » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Looking to exchange friend codes and play online? There's a forum for that! Head over to the Wi-Fi & Friend Codes forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

May 15, 12 at 7:28pmSymphonic Abyss

I can't really say that I'm happy about that. I've known about it for a long time, but I only really started to think about it, and I can't say I'll enjoy it until we know more about it. To me, it just seems like too much. I don't want anybody saying, "Hello, Mr. Mayor!", and I really did enjoy the moving in, which who knows what will happen with that. Besides, how will multiple people work?

I'm sure it'll be a good addition, but I feel like it could be a little annoying. I doubt they'll make you work too hard, I just don't feel like it's something I'd enjoy. Does anyone else feel the same way, or is everyone pro-mayor?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 19, 12 at 2:12am
Kubrick

quote Symphonic Abyss
Kubrick - You wanna go bro!?1?! That hat's amazing. You're just jealous. :3 Tortimer's hat is okay, but that hat makes me want to be in that world...just to mug the mayor and steal the hat. :o
    The hat looks like a fishing hat. o-o It looks boring and ugly. I'll probably just sell it when I get it. ^^;

May 18, 12 at 7:59pm
Symphonic Abyss

Kubrick - You wanna go bro!?1?! That hat's amazing. You're just jealous. :3 Tortimer's hat is okay, but that hat makes me want to be in that world...just to mug the mayor and steal the hat.

This mayor thing seems like it's a big deal though. If you're mayor, you pretty much HAVE to do your work. I don't think the assistant is going to follow us around full-time, but even a bit could get on my nerves. I'd definitely be fine doing it part-time though if we had the choice, just so we could mess with mayoral duties whenever we wanted. I don't want to always have it looming around though, y'know? That seems like it'd put a damper on the game.

May 17, 12 at 6:08am
Fluidity

I highly doubt that the assistant will follow you everywhere, all the time. Currently, I'm pro-mayor but only because I believe it won't be that significant of a change. Think about it, in every single AC game to date, it was up to you to choose when you wanted to deal with your responsibilities. Didn't want to pay for your house yet? Fine. Never want to pay for your house because you like it the way it is? Fine. The only thing you were ever really forced to do was work for Nook for a bit and listen to Resetti when you didn't save. Other than that AC has always been a "go at your own pace" kind of game, so I don't think playing mayor will be too bad.

quote Kubrick
Really? The hat is sorta ugly >: Why did Tortimer get the good hat. ;-;
Don't let Max see that...

May 17, 12 at 1:26am
Kubrick

Really? The hat is sorta ugly >: Why did Tortimer get the good hat. ;-;

Anyway, I'd like for us you choose where we want our town to be built. x3

May 17, 12 at 1:07am
Squiggle

I think it's nice really. xP It makes it really stand out from other Animal Crossing games, seeing as the other just feel the same..mostly.

May 16, 12 at 5:50pm
Symphonic Abyss

I take back everything I said before; with the addition of the great mayor hat, I'm all for it. So, I hear the mayor gets this smooth hat and a nice little office? :3 I don't know why, but I'm starting to be okay with this position just for those reasons...D: I'm bad about being drawn in by beautiful things...like that hat. @_@

What are some thing you'd like to be able to do as mayor? Even if it wasn't too big a position, which I still hope it isn't, what are some things you think would be awesome to have under your control? I think you should be able to rezone structures if necessary, and if anyone else wants to move in, you can place the house.

May 16, 12 at 2:25pm
Heibai

I have a feeling that being mayor will be one of those jobs that you can do whenever you want. You can play normally if you want, or if you get bored or feel like spicing it up, you can go fill your mayoral duties.

Get what I'm saying?

If that's the case, then I am PRO-MAYOR!!!

May 16, 12 at 1:06am
Kubrick

I'm with you, SA. I want to know exactly what being a mayor means, and what you have to do. I don't want to make this the main thing of the game. If it means we don't have to pay off our house, paying off our furniture, etc, then I'm not very fond of it. But, if it's like, I dunno, not the huge point of the game, then I'm good with the idea.

As I said in the GD, I have mixed feelings. c:

May 15, 12 at 8:52pm
Symphonic Abyss

That's how I feel about it too I guess. However, since there's a picture of that "assistant" following you around (you can check it out here), I have a bad feeling it's going to be a bit too long. I'm hoping Town Hall can shut down at night and the assistant will stop chasing you so you can have a night on the town. The idea in itself is good, but there's WAY too much being put into it if we have a secretary following us everywhere.

May 15, 12 at 8:39pm
Mew

Pro-mayor for me depends on how much this will be affecting the parts of the game, as if it's based a lot around this then I'm Con-mayor xD But, if it's something like nook's part time job then I'm with the idea. I mean, I know it most likely won't be part time, but if it just won't affect gameplay that much, then it's cool. C: