Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Borderlands 2 » Some Enemies for ya » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If you are here to request a trade or duplicates please go to the Borderlands 2 Trading Subforum instead, thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Angel_BL1 Brick_BL1 Claptrap_CL4P-TP Lilith_BL1 Moxxi_BL1 Ned_BL1

hideOriginal Post

May 12, 12 at 6:29pmVicarious

• Stalkers - Winged reptilian creatures capable of shooting needles from their tails and turning invisible for short periods of time.
  • Crystalisk - Large, heavily armored quadrupeds whose only weak spots are hidden behind destructible patches of crystal on their feet.
  • Arctic Bullymong - A six-limbed gorilla-like creature that will dynamically pick up objects (or rip up bits of scenery) and then throw them at the player.
  • Skags - Elemental skags will be able to transfer their element to nearby skags with a ground pound attack.
  • Marauder Bandit - A large thug who makes intelligent use of cover, retreating to find allies when significantly damaged.
  • Surveyors - Floating Hyperion bots who can quickly restore even destroyed ally robots to full health and summon more robots to the frey.
  • Nomad - A slow rotund bandit sporting a large metallic shield that protects his entire body. Nomad Torturers have a Midget tied to their shields.
  • Thresher - A worm-like creature that is fought in vehicles and can open more parts of the map. Threshers will vary greatly in size from vehicle-sized creatures to towering monstrosities.
  • Varkid - Small flying insectile creatures that start can grow into large, dangerous creatures if not swiftly dealt with.
  • Destructor Bot - Able to both build and destroy, they have the ability to literally construct new foes on the field and can also aggressively defend themselves.
  • Loader - Hyperion robots that will continue to fight even when their limbs have been shot off. The upper torso of a Loader with it's lower torso blown off will even crawl to it's lower half to re-attach it and continue to fight.

I don't know if this is all the enemies (though I doubt it) or if this is completely accurate because all my info comes from a Wiki. Otherwise, what do you think of some of these enemies? Anything interest you? Anything sound like a hell of fun to fight? I can't wait to destroy some of these enemies.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 24, 12 at 9:49pm
Vicarious

quote NB
Well damn, the new enemies look and sound awesome! I can't wait!

The enemies in this game definitely look like they will be cooler and there will be a wider variety than the millions of skags/bandits you see 24/7 in Borderlands 1.

Completely agree, although I loved every enemy in borderlands it could really have used a few different varieties. This one will probably be jam packed with enemies so extra the fun.

Aug 24, 12 at 8:30am
Charlie

Well damn, the new enemies look and sound awesome! I can't wait!

The enemies in this game definitely look like they will be cooler and there will be a wider variety than the millions of skags/bandits you see 24/7 in Borderlands 1.

Aug 23, 12 at 12:21pm
Vicarious

A fun little image on how to survive a stalker:

"Stalkers usually reproduce Asexually (I.E. by themselves). Sexual intercourse between two stalkers is rare, often accidental and near silent."

May 22, 12 at 10:38am
Vicarious

Agreed, I like the way it was done in BL1 don't get me wrong. But I like this way too, it allows me to not be so picky when deciding a character and building my own choice to any weapon master I so please. Then again that may not even be possible, we will just have to see when the game releases.

May 22, 12 at 5:16am
SpartanNinja

quote MLongfellowDeeds
I believe what Gearbox is doing for BL2 is trying to make it so that there are no under used characters (ala Brick). I can't blame them but it makes each character less unique. In BL1 it's not like you COULDN'T have a Mordecai who was really good w/ Shotguns (for example). Every character has a few skills that affected all weapon types....not to mention the weapon proficiencies, so anyone could be real good with a weapon set if they used it enough. Generalizing weapon skills almost makes weapon proficiencies pointless?
Possibly but when it comes down to it they had obvious skills geared toward boosting damage and other things to certain types of weapons. To use your analogy, yes you could use a shotgun as Mordecai but you aren't going to get nearly the same boosts and bonuses to do so.

Apparently BL2 will allow your skills to have a wider range of effect, but as said before while still a little useful a Gunzerkers skills are probably less useful to sniper rifles to assault rifles.

May 21, 12 at 8:30pm
MLongfellowDeeds

quote The Pursuit
quote SpartanNinja
quote The Pursuit
quote Shadow of Death
SpartanNinja - Actually, in BL2 they intend to make it so every character can be specc'd out to suit your preference, unlike BL1. So no character in BL2 will be especially good with certain weapon types over other characters.

That's the plan anyway. It's possible people will find certain character's action skills or skill trees suited for particular weapons. For example, I can't see the Gunzerker action skill being particularly useful with sniper rifles, but he might be very good with snipers the rest of the time.

I completely agree with all of this. I want every character to be good with every weapon but I didn't mind the specific characters fitting your playstyle. Either way I'm cool though. ^^

If this is true it would be pretty awesome! I'm actually surprised they didn't do this before. But I can now super spec any character. With unique skills but still awesome.
E- freaking - xactly

Sounds pretty sweet.

I might be the only one who doesn't like this concept.

In Borderlands 1 having characters that specialized in a certain weapon set encouraged playthroughs with different characters (in my opinion). I had two characters, Mordecai who was an absolute beast with pistols/sniper rifles and Lilith with elemental SMGs. Had all characters had similar perks that affected all weapon types, I might have only played through once.

I believe what Gearbox is doing for BL2 is trying to make it so that there are no under used characters (ala Brick). I can't blame them but it makes each character less unique. In BL1 it's not like you COULDN'T have a Mordecai who was really good w/ Shotguns (for example). Every character has a few skills that affected all weapon types....not to mention the weapon proficiencies, so anyone could be real good with a weapon set if they used it enough. Generalizing weapon skills almost makes weapon proficiencies pointless?

Just My $.02

May 17, 12 at 2:36pm
Vicarious

quote SpartanNinja
quote The Pursuit
unlike Capcom and EA of course
Thats great pimp daddy Capcom and EA to you mortal.
NEVER

Paper Fox it's always great fun to shoot a midget in the face right.

May 17, 12 at 2:23pm
Paper Fox

Can't wait to fight the Nomad Torturer and midget, gonna be heaps fun.

May 17, 12 at 2:08pm
Shadow of Death

quote SpartanNinja
Yeah Gearbox is one of the few devs that I havent found any real dirt on... go figure.
Well, although it wasn't really their fault, there is Duke Nukem Forever...

It was supposedly mostly done by the time they got it, so they can't really be blamed for how mediocre that game turned out to me >_>

May 17, 12 at 1:36pm
SpartanNinja

quote The Pursuit
unlike Capcom and EA of course
Thats great pimp daddy Capcom and EA to you mortal.