Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Magic: The Gathering » GD IV: Join the Infinite Consortium now! » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

May 12, 12 at 10:07amMasterOfBlades

4th GD. Join the IC. Pick a PW avatar. Alive or dead, doesnt matter.

Im going with... Venser.

On topic part: Niv better become one. Then we could have two Dragon PW duking it out.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 13, 17 at 11:56am
Shinobi_razor

Oh sorry I was thinking it was for modern.

Jan 13, 17 at 11:37am
Liliana

no, you can't. the deck is for commander. if you run gonti, you can only use black.

here are the decks I've currently got put together.

Jan 12, 17 at 8:59am
Shinobi_razor

you could splash white for Cloudshift and the other ones from SOI.

Jan 12, 17 at 12:56am
Liliana

its a reanimator shell with what little black has to offer when it comes to blind effects. there's like two other sources of blink. conjurer's closet and that tawnos coffin from forever ago.

Jan 11, 17 at 8:56pm
ctrl

quote Shinobi_razor
Liliana whats the list look like?
I'm also interested. Finally dug out some of my decks. Been meaning to play some friends again. I need to reconstruct my artifact deck into an edh.

Jan 10, 17 at 11:10pm
Shinobi_razor

Liliana whats the list look like?

Jan 10, 17 at 5:40pm
Jeremy

quote Liliana
quote Jeremy
I was just thinking of getting into standard again. Was about to shell out for some looter scooters. Glad I waited. These are the tamest cards ever banned in standard. I think Copter makes sense though. Apparently it was in like nearly every standard deck. That level of overcentralization is unhealthy. Apparently Emrakul was also extremely overplayed. I know a lot of players at my LGS were running her. Reflector Mage doesn't make much sense to me. I played against it back in the coco days where it was in its prime, and even then it was okay at best. It didn't feel like Umezawa's Jitte or Stoneforge Mystic. The fact Reflector Mage got banned from standard but Bloodbraid Elf didn't back in the day makes my head spin. At least they were cheap, unlike copters and Em.

Playing EDH only at this point. Still got my Damia T&N deck. Building Jhoira again because I need something less degenerate. I should still have all my MLD and Eldrazi lying around somewhere. I'll also be building a scrub tier casual deck. Not sure what I want it to be. I've completely sworn off white now. I might make Intet again. She's fun to play casually.
Do Gonti "im gonna play your deck". Im brewing that right now and its hilarious.
Alright, sounds fun and mono black. That's two of my criteria.

Jan 10, 17 at 5:19pm
Liliana

quote Jeremy
I was just thinking of getting into standard again. Was about to shell out for some looter scooters. Glad I waited. These are the tamest cards ever banned in standard. I think Copter makes sense though. Apparently it was in like nearly every standard deck. That level of overcentralization is unhealthy. Apparently Emrakul was also extremely overplayed. I know a lot of players at my LGS were running her. Reflector Mage doesn't make much sense to me. I played against it back in the coco days where it was in its prime, and even then it was okay at best. It didn't feel like Umezawa's Jitte or Stoneforge Mystic. The fact Reflector Mage got banned from standard but Bloodbraid Elf didn't back in the day makes my head spin. At least they were cheap, unlike copters and Em.

Playing EDH only at this point. Still got my Damia T&N deck. Building Jhoira again because I need something less degenerate. I should still have all my MLD and Eldrazi lying around somewhere. I'll also be building a scrub tier casual deck. Not sure what I want it to be. I've completely sworn off white now. I might make Intet again. She's fun to play casually.
Do Gonti "im gonna play your deck". Im brewing that right now and its hilarious.

Jan 10, 17 at 11:49am
Jeremy

Jan 10, 17 at 9:44am
Shinobi_razor

Liliana i'm getting tired of modern too, but i'm not a fan of the new hot format "frontier" either as right now its just standard 2.0. its sorta like modern but it starts at M15 (when the frame changed). so as you can imagine, the majority of the decks are CoCo and any other powerhouses from Tarkir, and even a lot of stuff still in standard. i want a format that starts at Return to Ravnica instead. i'm trying to get my LGS to agree with that.

in other news: Copter, Emrakul and Reflector Mage were just banned in standard that never ceases to be funny to me! i knew that was gonna happen eventually what with how many decks run Copter, and i'd imagine Emmy too.
also, Grave Troll and Gitaxian Probe in modern, thank goodness. Probe is too freaking good and Troll basically powers dredge.