Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Magic: The Gathering » GD IV: Join the Infinite Consortium now! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 12, 12 at 10:07amMasterOfBlades

4th GD. Join the IC. Pick a PW avatar. Alive or dead, doesnt matter.

Im going with... Venser.

On topic part: Niv better become one. Then we could have two Dragon PW duking it out.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 28, 15 at 11:12am
Shinobi_razor

of course, Deep Sea Kraken is such an awful card i don't know why anyone would be playing it but ok.

Jan 28, 15 at 8:08am
Lorx

Would be 2011, made an artifact deck based out of one of the video games.

Jan 28, 15 at 5:06am
Mister MacPhisto

Shinobi_razor, because what keeps it from being an exiled card and a suspended card coming into play is the time counter.

Like I said, game of dirty tricks.

So this was a multiple choice thing huh?

Lorx, yes you do. Years? What block you last play?

Jan 28, 15 at 12:36am
Shinobi_razor

quote Mister MacPhisto
Shinobi_razor, I think it'd the time counter comes off but it doesn't come into play until his next main phase due to it being a creature.

Haven't done much tricky stuff with suspend for a while though.
i figured mostly the same thing, but actually the time counter comes off, but since the burn spell is still on the stack when that happens, it can't be cast (since its a creature spell) and it remains exiled forever. now that i see the explanation it makes sense.

Jan 28, 15 at 12:29am
Lorx

quote Mister MacPhisto
Shinobi_razor good luck whenever you take another shot at it, dude!

I know Lorx dreams of judging Magic tournaments.
Oh you know me, I know those rules in and out yo.

And by that, I mean I'm garbage at the rules . Though I really should play some MtG again, it's been a few years.

Jan 27, 15 at 8:50pm
Mister MacPhisto

Shinobi_razor, I think it'd the time counter comes off but it doesn't come into play until his next main phase due to it being a creature.

Haven't done much tricky stuff with suspend for a while though.

Jan 27, 15 at 3:54pm
Shinobi_razor

thanks

do you know the answer for the question i posted?

Jan 27, 15 at 3:52pm
Mister MacPhisto

Shinobi_razor good luck whenever you take another shot at it, dude!

I know Lorx dreams of judging Magic tournaments.

Jan 27, 15 at 2:14pm
Shinobi_razor

lol no its not secret or anything, anyone can take the RA test (which you have to pass before you can take Judge 1). maybe the actual Judge ones are but then they rotate through hundreds of different questions so you don't know what you'll get when you take it. and the RA test is 25 questions and you *only* have 70 mins to do it.

they always give you 5 multiple choices, and a lot of times the choices are very similar with small differences in wording and orders that things happen in, so you have to know layers really well on top of a firm grasp on how the stack works. layers give me a really tough time.

here's an example from the practice test i messed up on:

Argus has a suspended Deep-Sea Kraken with one time counter on it. In Argus's end step, Nikita casts Sudden Shock, targeting Argus. What happens?
that one was fairly easy compared to some of the ones i got wrong on the actual test though.

Jan 27, 15 at 1:27pm
Mister MacPhisto

Shinobi_razor, can you give an example of how hard they were?

Or is that like DoD Cigarette Smoking Man conspiracy level secrecy?