Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Diablo III » When you reach 60, will you sell the character? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 09, 12 at 10:41pmTenklis

The real money auction house has a feature that allows you to sell your character. I wonder how much they will sell for.

Would you sell one of your characters? I want at least 1 of each 5 all 60, after that I'd probably sell a new character I made after he reached 60.

I bet money is to be made for high level crafters. Buy a character, fill him up with nice crafted items and resell for more!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 14, 12 at 12:42am
Centurion

To be honest I think it will be pretty even, a lot of people will still be selling good items for ingame gold I'm sure of it. But I do see your concern.

May 14, 12 at 12:29am
nosedive_2002

quote Centurion
Yeah it's 15% off of nongear commodities and a fixed cut for gear right? and yeah the other 15% is when cashing out through paypal, which isn't blizz's cut. But yeah ofc they will be making money off of this why the heck wouldn't they?? Why bash them for providing a much needed feature? Because they are making money?
The charecter selling never bothers me as much as the items did if i remember right there will be 2 auction houses one for real cash one for fake, i feel only the items worth while will only ever be on the real money one, which i think will be annoying

May 13, 12 at 11:52pm
Centurion

Yeah it's 15% off of nongear commodities and a fixed cut for gear right? and yeah the other 15% is when cashing out through paypal, which isn't blizz's cut. But yeah ofc they will be making money off of this why the heck wouldn't they?? Why bash them for providing a much needed feature? Because they are making money?

May 13, 12 at 6:41pm
Tenklis

Im going to keep 1 of each class, after they are all 60 everything else i level ill strip of gear / sell at max level.

May 13, 12 at 4:36pm
Orgazmo

BlackLabel

Just the fact that Blizzard, themselves, are doing this, makes it a lot safer. Say what you want about it, but it's a good thing. It's not an exact 30% either, iirc. It's 15% at sale, then another 15% when you take the money out of your Blizz account. If you know percents, that doesn't equal 30% due to it being taken at separate times.

May 13, 12 at 4:25pm
BlackLabel

quote Centurion
Yeah I'm the same, but it's always nice to have the option to. It seems Blizz is really taking all the sketchy things of past games in regards to selling items and chars for real money and implementing it as a legit feature, which means in the end they will have relative control over those markets, and ultimately people who decide to use these features can do so in a safe manner. I really like it.
They are getting a 30% cut of any sales.. You sell your character for $50 they get $15, that alone makes it quite the proposition for Blizzard. They aren't doing this to make transactions safe they are merely monetising anything they possibly can.

May 13, 12 at 12:10pm
Danger

Depending on how much money the character would be worth, I'd definitely consider selling. I'm not usually into grinding through levels quickly but it could be a worthwhile venture doing this, I can imagine there would be some well off lazy folk ready to hand over cash for a pimped out character.

Good feature, avoids any dodgy services that people who buy characters in other games may have been duped by.

May 13, 12 at 12:05pm
Centurion

Yeah I'm the same, but it's always nice to have the option to. It seems Blizz is really taking all the sketchy things of past games in regards to selling items and chars for real money and implementing it as a legit feature, which means in the end they will have relative control over those markets, and ultimately people who decide to use these features can do so in a safe manner. I really like it.

May 13, 12 at 9:16am
Crusad3r

Strange as it sounds (or perhaps not that strange), I develop emotional attachments to my characters. In any game. I won't be selling my characters =]

At the very least in this case, I won't be selling my first-of-the-class characters. If I have enough time on my hands - which I doubt, then I might make second or third characters. If they ever reach level 60, then perhaps I might sell them. Highly unlikely.

May 13, 12 at 8:36am
Marc

Depending how much I get for him/her, then hell yes.