Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » PlayStation Vita » Soul Sacrifice Teaser for VITA! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 09, 12 at 5:40amTwin_Master

Possible Soul series (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls) game for the VITA? I *bleep*ing hope so! Either way, looks like it'll be a quality addition to the VITA lineup which is SORELY needed!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 20, 12 at 6:05pm
Wakaman

quote Ded Valve
Perma death could be handled quite well if they follow the DayZ and ZombiU model of restarting nearby as a completely different character with reset skills (either down back to zero or something like you lose 5 levels assuming it uses the classic leveling up system).

It would definitely make you think twice before going all out on a boss creature.

That game was going through my mind when I read permadeath.

I hope it's something like that, but seeing as you're basically pulling a Harry Potter it would seem unlikely. And by pulling a Harry Potter I mean you're experiencing someone else's memories.

Aug 20, 12 at 4:37pm
SpartanNinja

quote Ded Valve
It would definitely make you think twice before going all out on a boss creature.
I definitely agree with what your saying but I have a strong spidey-sense thing going that there are going to be some practically impossible bosses to beat without someone of your merry band of 4 sacrificing themselves but we will see. But as far as I can tell there are virtually no rewards for the one sacrficed whether voluntary or not and with possible permadeath looming you better trust your buddies not to vote you off the island so to speak.

Aug 20, 12 at 4:19pm
DedValve

Perma death could be handled quite well if they follow the DayZ and ZombiU model of restarting nearby as a completely different character with reset skills (either down back to zero or something like you lose 5 levels assuming it uses the classic leveling up system).

Aug 20, 12 at 1:05pm
Wakaman

quote SpartanNinja
quote Wakaman
I'd probably not revive them if it was possible though.
Well aren't you just nice.
Hey, more stuff for me.

quote SpartanNinja
quote Wakaman
As for the loot, you'll probably recieve something if you killed/sacrificed yourself to help them.
From what I have seen you actually get absolutely nothing and another thing the developer is tossing around is that death via being completely consumed by overuse of powers and by sacrificing yourself is permadeath, just to drive home the overall motif of sacrifice. Although he was deciding against it cause theres nothing like getting to the last boss and permanently dying. I don't l know where saves will come into place...

I actually like the idea of permadeath, makes you actually think about what and where to start going equivalent exchange for power all over the place.

Aug 20, 12 at 12:11pm
SpartanNinja

quote Wakaman
I'd probably not revive them if it was possible though.
Well aren't you just nice.
quote Wakaman
As for the loot, you'll probably recieve something if you killed/sacrificed yourself to help them.
From what I have seen you actually get absolutely nothing and another thing the developer is tossing around is that death via being completely consumed by overuse of powers and by sacrificing yourself is permadeath, just to drive home the overall motif of sacrifice. Although he was deciding against it cause theres nothing like getting to the last boss and permanently dying. I don't l know where saves will come into place...

Aug 20, 12 at 11:06am
Wakaman

quote SpartanNinja
I don't think the combat is fast so much as over the top. I mean its slow enough that you can devise a strategy and put it to work and all that. Its just everything you sacrifice gives you a ridiculous over the top power. For example ripping out your spine is just crazy but probably a last resort weapon that will the enemy but is guaranteed to kill you, presumably your allies or you yourself can in turn sacrifice a part of themselves to revive you or just leave you for dead and take all the loot.
Yeah from what I've seen/read, ripping out your spine is pretty much the ultimate sacrifice. I wonder if you use that technique if you'll be totally consumed by whatever was turning that guy in the trailer into a monster. I also wonder if it's immediate game over.

To be fair it's nowhere near over the top as Devil May Cry or God of War, it's just some of the magic looks a bit too much, though some might have good use like that rockwall.

As for the loot, you'll probably recieve something if you killed/sacrificed yourself to help them. I'd probably not revive them if it was possible though.

Aug 20, 12 at 10:40am
SpartanNinja

I don't think the combat is fast so much as over the top. I mean its slow enough that you can devise a strategy and put it to work and all that. Its just everything you sacrifice gives you a ridiculous over the top power. For example ripping out your spine is just crazy but probably a last resort weapon that will the enemy but is guaranteed to kill you, presumably your allies or you yourself can in turn sacrifice a part of themselves to revive you or just leave you for dead and take all the loot.

Aug 19, 12 at 8:25pm
Wakaman

I dunno exactly how fast-paced this game will be, seems more along the Dragon's Dogma type of lines from what I saw. Considering that the more you sacrifice, the more power you gain, this could involve a fair bit of tactic. The magic part I'll admit was a bit much.

I personally liked the combat.

Aug 19, 12 at 7:56pm
Vicarious

Oh you didn't offend me at all, just a bit curious.

It can be ridiculous sometimes but as long as it is fun I don't mind.

Aug 19, 12 at 7:17pm
Machienzo

quote The Pursuit
You never know Machienzo this could still be really good. How come it instantly turns into a won't touch title?
Well, it looks a little ridiculous to me. I know you take that with a grain of salt when you compare it to Dark Souls (which I love), but I'm not a big fan of most Japan games; particularly their extreme fast-paced violence, an overload of magical elements, over-sexualisation (especially of the young) and other tropes that the Japanese seem to gobble up. Dark Souls felt somewhat different; grungier, a little slower and more mature in it's presentation. That's my opinion personally. I don't mean to offend anyone with this.