Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time » RPGamer preview » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 07, 12 at 12:35pmdaveyd

A preview for Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time was posted on RPGamer today. You can read it here.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 10, 12 at 3:49am
kratoscar2011

quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011
Spoiled kids this days, only minding graphics, just the battle system alone should inpulse people getting WoT instead of the battle system of Gungnir wich is notting special.
Yeah. When the author says "Gungnir does look initially to have a much greater amount of polish." I assume he's talking strictly about graphics because I'm quite sure WoT blows it away in terms of game play. I'm getting Gungnir (it seems like a decent enough game) but mainly just to support Atlus for still releasing RPGs on the PSP. But at least I have a pretty good feeling that RPGamer will give the game a good (fair) review. I'm not as confident about the big sites like Gamespot or IGN (I wonder if they'll even "bother" to review it).
I would like to support ATLUS like that but i dont have too much money that even getting G WoT is a problem but this one deserves (and I) to be with me.

IGN didnt gave Generations an 8.5 ? Of course WoT deserves a 9.5 but any score above 8 should suffice.

May 09, 12 at 11:13am
CoarseDragon

quote daveyd
Yeah. When the author says "Gungnir does look initially to have a much greater amount of polish." I assume he's talking strictly about graphics because I'm quite sure WoT blows it away in terms of game play. I'm getting Gungnir (it seems like a decent enough game) but mainly just to support Atlus for still releasing RPGs on the PSP. But at least I have a pretty good feeling that RPGamer will give the game a good (fair) review. I'm not as confident about the big sites like Gamespot or IGN (I wonder if they'll even "bother" to review it).
I'm with you on that one. I love Atlus and have for a very long time.

I also agree that RPGamer will give fair review. Also I believe the other "big" site will give pretty poor reviews, but I hope that os not the case.

May 09, 12 at 5:00am
daveyd

quote kratoscar2011
Spoiled kids this days, only minding graphics, just the battle system alone should inpulse people getting WoT instead of the battle system of Gungnir wich is notting special.

May 07, 12 at 3:02pm
kratoscar2011

May 07, 12 at 1:48pm
CoarseDragon

quote daveyd
A preview for Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time was posted on RPGamer today. You can read it here.

This quote I find most interesting "The level of detail seems a bit lacklustre compared to what other PSP titles have achieved, but it shouldn't detract much from the overall experience."

We realize Atlus may not have time to overhaul the graphics but I agree with this preview that "it shouldn't detract much from the overall experience".

Growlanser is fast playing, story rich and has more endings than you can shake a Ring Weapon at.

May 07, 12 at 12:35pm
daveyd