Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » PC Games and Steam » Will my Netbook run Counter Strike Source? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Neoseeker does not support warez of any kind. Any request for CD keys will be deleted or closed on sight, regardless of the situation. Thank you
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 07, 12 at 5:27amOwen1699

Ok so here is the deal, I want Counter Strike Source for my netbook, which is a compaq mini 110, no upgrades, nothing like that, I don't want to waste 14 pound for something that wouldn't even run, so reason with me, would it run? Please tell me, thanks.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 17, 12 at 11:34am
Huntereb

Counter Strike will play OK on almost every laptop on the market today. Netbooks, maybe less... But it should run and be playable.

May 08, 12 at 8:42am
Owen1699

quote Benedict
It will run like gmod.
- Ok, Gmod is playable, so it should be good, hey thanks for the help, I might just get it now.

May 07, 12 at 12:16pm
Benedict

It will run like gmod.

May 07, 12 at 11:33am
Owen1699

Ok, I have Gmod (that runs ok) ,Terraria (runs brilliantly) and Minecraft (which is probably the worst running out of these 3, but it's playable) Hope this helped.

May 07, 12 at 8:54am
Iceguy2003

On Steam, search Half-Life 2. Click on Half-Life 2 in the store to bring it up, and maybe try and download the demo and see how it runs. CS:S is based on the same source engine. It's not that it's a "heavy" game at all, but it still takes a little muscle.

May 07, 12 at 6:57am
BlackLabel

quote Owen1699
Ok so here is the deal, I want Counter Strike Source for my netbook, which is a compaq mini 110, no upgrades, nothing like that, I don't want to waste 14 pound for something that wouldn't even run, so reason with me, would it run? Please tell me, thanks.
No, I wish I could say yes, but I just have no sure fire way of knowing if the game would run and if it does run at what standard.

May 07, 12 at 5:55am
Iceguy2003

Is your model the one with the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950? If so, I mean, yes, your laptop will support the game, but I doubt it will play it very smoothly AT ALL. I had a laptop with the ATI x1400 in it a few years back, and it couldn't play it worth a crap. 15-25fps with no anti-aliasing. So, I doubt an integrated chipset like that can possibly do better.

Do you have any Half-Life 2 games to test and see?

May 07, 12 at 5:27am
Owen1699