Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Mario Kart 7 » Two annoyances of this game (for me) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

May 06, 12 at 11:35amManicWolf

There are obvious annoyances in this game, which everyone lists; blue shells, glitches, getting hit right at the end and having everyone overtake you, three red shells, et cetera. Which I agree are all very annoying.

However, the two things that really bug me are:

1. Getting the squid as an item. Those things are OK when playing against the computer, but useless when playing against actual people! Real people know how to use the map to navigate while they have the ink on their screens. If you're in 4th or 5th place, coming up to the last set of items in the game and hoping for something good, and you get the squid, it's really frustrating (especially if the person behind you then gets a red shell and you have nothing to defend yourself with).

2. People who shoot shells at the person behind them just as they're about to cross the finish line on the last lap. I can understand shooting people behind you if you're in the lead throughout the race as a defensive strategy, but why do it when you're just about to cross the line on the last lap? There's no tactical reason for it, the person behind you is no longer a threat. The only reason is to screw up the chances of that person behind... basically, to be a jerk!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 12, 12 at 7:21am
Thrawn

quote Zeezow
I don't think I shoot any shells behind me unless I'm about to get a new item, I usually just keep them behind me for protection when I'm at first o:
Yeah so do I, in fact it's pretty much all I do.

Aug 08, 12 at 4:36am
Zeezow

I don't think I shoot any shells behind me unless I'm about to get a new item, I usually just keep them behind me for protection when I'm at first o:

Aug 03, 12 at 5:54am
Thrawn

quote ManicWolf
There are obvious annoyances in this game, which everyone lists; blue shells, glitches, getting hit right at the end and having everyone overtake you, three red shells, et cetera. Which I agree are all very annoying.

However, the two things that really bug me are:

1. Getting the squid as an item. Those things are OK when playing against the computer, but useless when playing against actual people! Real people know how to use the map to navigate while they have the ink on their screens. If you're in 4th or 5th place, coming up to the last set of items in the game and hoping for something good, and you get the squid, it's really frustrating (especially if the person behind you then gets a red shell and you have nothing to defend yourself with).

2. People who shoot shells at the person behind them just as they're about to cross the finish line on the last lap. I can understand shooting people behind you if you're in the lead throughout the race as a defensive strategy, but why do it when you're just about to cross the line on the last lap? There's no tactical reason for it, the person behind you is no longer a threat. The only reason is to screw up the chances of that person behind... basically, to be a jerk!
Getting Blooper in eighth place is one of the most annoying things in MK in my opinion. The same thing also used to happen to me in MK Wii.

Aug 02, 12 at 12:36pm
TheTripleSix

I've had something somewhat worse. I recall someone in front of me on wifi using a star, and then backed up and hit me without warning. So I understand where you're coming from about getting hit right at the end. that's happened to me before, mostly with blue shells.

Jun 01, 12 at 12:56am
Kokoro

I never rage quit myself. However, I kind of can't really blame you there.

May 29, 12 at 12:02pm
lovelyfisher

quote Kokoro
quote Mime_SR
Being shrunk by lightning and falling off the course:FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU
That's happened to me a lot while the air with no ground below. Very annoying.
I RQ so much when this happens to me

May 29, 12 at 1:21am
Kokoro

quote Mime_SR
That's happened to me a lot while the air with no ground below. Very annoying.

May 27, 12 at 6:43am
Mime_SR

Being shrunk by lightning and ruining the music:BAD

May 10, 12 at 8:21am
Mythic Racer UK

I hate Bloopers + Red Shells

May 10, 12 at 4:14am
Its_my_time24

I hate when im first and dude in second gets triple red shell... i have like 1 banana and a mushroom (saving for blue shell) and BAM. hello 5th place