Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Black Ops II » SURPRISE: Black Ops 2 Breaking Records » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Ops Black Ops 2 Brigadier General Colonel 2nd Lieutenant Ghosts Major Lieutenant Colonel Corporal General Captain Lieutenant General 1st Lieutenant Major General Master Sergeant Modern Warfare Modern Warfare 3 Private Sergant Major Sergeant

hideOriginal Post

May 03, 12 at 9:02amBoyd

quote Lee Bradley - xbox360achievements.org
Love it or hate it, expect more stories like this in the coming months. Black Ops II is already breaking retail records.

According to Amazon, day one pre-orders for the latest Call of Duty game are three times higher than those achieved by its 2010 predecessor Black Ops.

“Set to be one of the biggest games of the year, it’s great to see so much enthusiasm and anticipation for Call of Duty: Black Ops II,” said Amazon UK’s video games manager Graham Chambers.

“Bolder and better than before and with everything from a futuristic storyline through to single player mode, Zombies and multiplayer, Black Ops II promises something Call of Duty fans have never seen before.’’

Why is that news, you ask? Because Black Ops remains the biggest-selling game in the history of the CoD franchise, and by extension one of the biggest-selling games ever. Blops II looks like it might be even bigger. Must be the horses.
Source: Black Ops II Already Breaking Retail Records

LOL

Moderator: Please use the "news" prefix tag and provide a link to the source when quoting, thanks!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 08, 12 at 3:13am
ForrestPower

It just proves the people wrong that say CoD is dying. The people that aren't happy with it are a small minority of hardcore players. The vast majority are still well and truly in love with it.

Jun 07, 12 at 8:20pm
halo3rox

Most fans know its going to be trash and they still buy it.

edit:I had a good picture for this one stupid neo not letting me post pictures...

Jun 05, 12 at 6:23pm
Anonymous Reborn

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - More preorders than Battlefield 3
Battlefield 3 - Won over 50 awards whilst Modern Warfare 3 won none.
Both - Considered the Worst Games Ever by Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation, not because of gameplay, but what they represent.

Probably going to end up the exact same way, the only difference is that Black Ops 2's competitor is Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

May 14, 12 at 9:06am
AssassinAltair

I guess the horses excited everyone into preordering it!

May 12, 12 at 12:26am
DarshD

Every new CoD sales more that the former ones. So, yep, Black Ops II will sale more than the first one and then, MW4 or Black Ops 3 will sale even more.

May 11, 12 at 10:48am
AnthonyLucas86

I will be on halo 4 so personally I don't care what records they break but if the zombies is good I might purchase then again I might not because the rest of the package is broke before it comes out.

May 06, 12 at 11:17am
BlackLabel

quote The Hazard
d) they're just gonna keep on making and churning out titles until those records are no more... or even further, until sales really start taking a dive. So ETA around Modern Warfare 6, maybe?
They will keep making titles until they see more than a 20% drop in sales. They will then tweak the formula which knowing the fan base will be enough to give the series another 5 years of record breaking sales.

May 06, 12 at 11:00am
The Hazard

Haha jeezus.

Don't get me wrong, that is impressive and certainly something to tout, but a)

quote HU1CH13
The CoD fanbass are full on window lickers. Complain every year about how shit and annoying the game is, yet they go and *bleep*ing pre-order the next one without knowing *bleep* all about it.
this, and b) this is basically an open invitation to those money-grubbing sumbitches to get more profit by doing the same map pack/DLC practices they've been pulling off for years, and they might even make more bullshit moves this time around. Won't be a complete negative nancy yet but we'll see.

Sounds to me as well that a good portion of those gamers were just turned off my MW3... on that basis, I wouldn't blame them.

quote HU1CH13
But this breaking records so early isn't because of how good the game looks, but simply because of how stupid and brainwashed the fan base is.
and I guess this too. ha.

d) they're just gonna keep on making and churning out titles until those records are no more... or even further, until sales really start taking a dive. So ETA around Modern Warfare 6, maybe?

May 04, 12 at 5:19am
LegendaryLegend

Why is anyone surprised? COD is obviously the biggest game on the market in terms of popularity

It makes me shudder when i think about all those millions of camping, glitching, dropshotting mother*bleep*ing bastards just waiting to get their hands on the game to be utter *bleep*

plus all kids

May 04, 12 at 5:12am
Airwalked

See i'm one of those people who stopped playing mw3 a month or two after release, who when I get the chance will bitch about the cod series and what it's become over the years.

But, I *bleep*ing love me some zombies, and even if the multiplayers shit i'll still be getting this game just for that.

I Like some of the stuff they are on about doing, it's nice to see a bit of change - but at the same time, theres a very high possibility of whatever changes they make being super gay.

Either way, i've got more money than sense so don't mind throwing my coins at trey arch, even if I do hate cod lmao.