Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690 Launch Review » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 03, 12 at 6:00amleochan

NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 690 was designed to be hands down, the best-of-the-best. It offers best-in-class performance, noise and thermal levels, and is extremely efficient considering its raw gaming power. Hit our launch review to see where it leaves the previous generation GTX 590 and Radeon HD 6990 cards.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 16, 13 at 7:09am
Local Modder

GTX 690 is a cracking card I got mine from http://www.computermods.co.uk/gigabyte-geforce-gtx690-graphics-card-4gb-gddr5-pci-e/ at £779.98

May 20, 12 at 1:20am
hiigaran

yeah but even for a flagship card, its too much. the 590 was 700 or so when it was released

May 19, 12 at 11:33pm
ChiroVette

quote Volaricabarrra
The GTX 690 is simply too expensive. It is costing $1000 for this card.
Can't that be said about any video card when it launches as "the best of the best," though? Some people who either don't care about the cash or are willing to spend it for a few months of bragging rights are honestly who cards like that are marketed to.

May 17, 12 at 11:31pm
Volaricabarrra

The GTX 690 is simply too expensive. It is costing $1000 for this card.

May 06, 12 at 3:42pm
ashantiqua

pretty damn spiffy.

and nvidia and their aa... gotta love em.

im excited to see txaa in person, since screenshots dont often do justice (fxaa looks good in zoomed-in pictures, but when you play the game itself w/ fxaa its all blurry )

May 03, 12 at 9:18am
hiigaran

haha, thanks for the notification. i would have completely missed it!

to be honest, id rather dual 680s. if the 690 is priced at 1000, then two 500 dollar 680s would be better.

May 03, 12 at 8:49am
harbin

Hiigaran's fantasy has finally come true.

Seems too good to be true TBH... I expect Nvidia to have put a catch in somewhere, such as a massive price. How it manages to stay that cool though, even on referecne design which means that when companies start to experiment with cooler layouts, the drop in temp will be even more impressive. Power requirements are too bad either. $1000 is £618, but since that is only about 150 more than what a 680 costs, that is where it seems to good to be true. With it being Britain I'd expect to see another £100-£200 to be added to that.

That LED, whilst having no added functionality to it, makes it look awesome.

EDIT:

As I expected. £809.99, puts it at $1300.

May 03, 12 at 6:00am
leochan

NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 690 was designed to be hands down, the best-of-the-best. It offers best-in-class performance, noise and thermal levels, and is extremely efficient considering its raw gaming power. Hit our launch review to see where it leaves the previous generation GTX 590 and Radeon HD 6990 cards.