Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Animal Crossing: New Leaf » Wishlist » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Looking to exchange friend codes and play online? There's a forum for that! Head over to the Wi-Fi & Friend Codes forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

DJ KK Gracie Gracie Isabelle KK Slider Kicks Leif Redd Reese Timmy and Tommy Tom Nook Bluebear Cheri Pudge Stitches Rudy Kiki Tangy Tangy Beau Cherry Goldie Hamlet Julian Melba Tex Ruby Poppy Chief Lobo Skye Wolfgang Black Cosmos Black Roses Black Tulips Blue Pansies Blue Roses Orange Cosmos Orange Pansies Orange Roses Pink Cosmos Pink Roses Pink Tulips Purple Pansies Purple Roses Purple Tulips Red Cosmos Red Pansies Red Roses Red Tulips White Cosmos White Pansies White Roses White Tulips Yellow Cosmos Yellow Pansies Yellow Roses Yellow Tulips Gold Roses Axe Rod Net Shovel Slingshot Watering Can Golden Axe Golden Rod Golden Net Golden Shovel Golden Slingshot Golden Watering Can Apple Cherries Orange Peach Pear Bamboo Seed Coconut Durian Lemon Lychee Mango Persimmon Pond Smelt Red Snapper Agrius Butterfly Bell Bag Candy Fossil Gyroid Party Popper Pitfall Seed Present Shirt Umbrella Wallpaper Sweets House Pink Riboon Purple Ribbon Large Acorn Rotting Acorn Small Acorn Acorn New Leaf

hideOriginal Post

May 02, 12 at 4:23pmPhi

GamesRadar's Wishlist

I thought it was interesting. ^^ Anything you agree with them on or do they mention things you flinch at the thoughts of?

I don't like what I see is the suggestion to be able to buy games from the eshop and play them in-game. I'm also not a fan of big customisation which they also suggest. I'm happy with being able to pick where my house is from a selection. I don't want to oversee the building of the town hall. o-o

I really disagree with the idea to make the game have stronger Sim like qualities and the opportunity to have relationships with your neighbours. I'd play Sims if I wanted Sims and I'd play Harvest Moon if I wanted to get married.

Have any opinions? ^^

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 01, 12 at 1:09am
Midnight

Some of these are okay but the relationship with the villagers would be really weird.
Like what Erin said, it wouldn't suit the game. It would make the game lose its innocents to it, if you put it like that. ^^' And... they are animals. o.0

Jun 23, 12 at 2:37am
Olilakith

It would be nice to have a bigger town name/name limit.

May 14, 12 at 12:02pm
Captain Nerditude

quote Kubrick
I think a huge no-no is changing the graphic style changing. Changing the graphics is like changing Animal Crossing forever ;-;
I totally agree! When I saw the first trailer for the game, I almost cried when I saw how much it changed! But I guess it's for the best...

May 13, 12 at 8:37pm
Kubrick

I think a huge no-no is changing the graphic style changing. Changing the graphics is like changing Animal Crossing forever ;-; I love the cutesy images, since it's all happy and stuff, which screams Animal Crossing.

May 07, 12 at 12:15am
Squiggle

The thing that irked me the most on that list was the idea of having relationships in the game. I don't think it suits the game at all, it wouldn't seem right.

I quite like the idea of some of the furniture being more interactive though. That would make for more fun and other activities to do. :3

Making use of AR would be cool too. Again, more activity to get involved in, and Whack-A-Resetti sounds quite fun. xP

May 06, 12 at 4:58pm
Captain Nerditude

Fluidity, you just hit my opinion on AR cards right on the head! The AR games were kind of novel at first, but soon I found they weren't worth the hassle of having perfect lighting, etc. I got kind of excited with the battling on the AR on Kid Icarus: Uprising, until I found how stupid and useless that was too. AR cards don't deserve to return.

P.S. The Playstation Vita's AR is even worse because it doesn't even have any games for it built into the system! Score 1 for the 3DS!

May 03, 12 at 9:19pm
Fluidity

First off, Pikachu:
quote gamesradar 3 of 12
Obviously, Animal Crossing: Jump Out will rock the 3D. Heck, it's right there in the title.
Hehehe.

Loving the enlarged screens. I never noticed the "curving landscape" before, but it reminds me somewhat of Super Mario Galaxy. An excellent idea, I think. I can't wait to see it in action. :3

I agree with their mention to avoid overdoing the 3D. Some of us have wimpy eyes. I understand it can be turned off but if they make it too significant to the core experience, I'll feel like I'm missing out. My one friend can't even see 3D, poor guy. :(

I definitely agree with you guys on not wanting strong sim elements. The fact that AC is the medium between games like the Sims and HM is what makes it so good. That being said, I'll again disagree to wanting relationships. Too technical for me, not to mention humans dating animals, no matter how innocent... just no. ;_; I'm also not a fan of AR cards. If they insist on making them for AC, they will remain unused like the ones my 3DS and Icarus came with.

I pretty much agree with everything you said Phi. Nice find, it was a good read. (:

May 03, 12 at 3:40pm
drayadon

I liked the idea of relationships before,but now I'm not so sure. It would be horrible if this game was ruined by the "Sims effect". By that I mean getting married and having kids etc. but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to be able to have relationship statuses like:friend,best friend,crush or enemy. What I mean is,it would be funny going up to some cute little squirrel like Pecan and having her glare at you like you just ate the last slice of the pie she cooked while she shouts furiously at you. However,this doesn't meen I would like mini-drayadon to settle down with his feline girlfriend,Mitzi,and have four cat-people kids running around his house. Actually that would be really creepy! I especially don't want this when now you have important mayor duties to take care of. It will probably be hard enough doing this on your own,let alone with a wife/girlfiend to nag at you all the time!

P.S. In "avatar the legend of Aang" Zuko is definitely the best

P.S.S. In pokemon™ professor Juniper is the best professor

May 02, 12 at 6:09pm
Captain Nerditude

I thought relationships would be a nice addition. It could make neighbors more likely to stay in town. Besides, I already wished I could get together with Aurora or Bluebear on the other games.

The paintball fight idea was kind of cool, but the idea of stealing Bells would never make it into this younger child oriented game. Although who hasn't ever wished they could just take their neighbor's throne or shark when they aren't looking?

May 02, 12 at 4:23pm
Phi

GamesRadar's Wishlist

I thought it was interesting. ^^ Anything you agree with them on or do they mention things you flinch at the thoughts of?

I don't like what I see is the suggestion to be able to buy games from the eshop and play them in-game. I'm also not a fan of big customisation which they also suggest. I'm happy with being able to pick where my house is from a selection. I don't want to oversee the building of the town hall. o-o

I really disagree with the idea to make the game have stronger Sim like qualities and the opportunity to have relationships with your neighbours. I'd play Sims if I wanted Sims and I'd play Harvest Moon if I wanted to get married.

Have any opinions? ^^