Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time » Possible delay » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

May 02, 12 at 7:35amdaveyd

In case anyone hasn't noticed Atlus recently changed the release date from "July 24th" to a "Summer 2012" on the official site as well as at the end of the opening movie. However, all of the sites that offer pre-orders still list July 24th. I remember seeing a post from an Atlus employee at least a few weeks ago saying the game is in the QA stage, so it's possible they've found some bug(s) that will cause the release to be delayed a few weeks. If this is the case, it is certainly disappointing but on the bright side at least it means they are striving to bring us a well polished game. And this may give us a little more time to work on our wiki, spread the word, and convince people to pre-order this game.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 18, 12 at 7:46pm
daveyd

quote izanagi_the_creator
I hope the delay has nothing to do with possible firmware updates.. The current official firmware is v6.60 and it can be customized..
Hmm, I don't know...

It could even have something to do with allowing sites more time to review it before the release.. I read on twitter that RPGamer just got their review copy a few days ago. But they're the only site I know for sure is going to review it. The big sites like IGN and Gamespot probably won't "bother" with it since it's a PSP game. I hope whatever sites that do review it are positive, since that could really make or break a little known game like this.

Jul 18, 12 at 5:28pm
izanagi_the_creator

I hope the delay has nothing to do with possible firmware updates.. The current official firmware is v6.60 and it can be customized..

Jun 05, 12 at 1:18pm
CoarseDragon

quote daveyd
quote CoarseDragon
quote daveyd
Today Amazon changed the release date to July 31st. Assuming that is accurate it will only be delayed a week. A bit of a shame, but it's not too bad.
I updated the release date on the wiki. Amazon shows me August 2, 2012 but I suppose that includes shipping time.
Yep, that includes the estimated shipping time. My order on Amazon has it listed as August 3rd (even though I have "two day" shipping). In my experience Amazon orders often arrive before the estimated delivery date (though I don't think I've ever pre-ordered from them before so I'm not sure if that will still be the case). But the release date on most sites now says July 31st.
I use Amazon all the time and they are either right on the date or early. I've never had them be late unless I got an e-mail that said the delivery would be late.

Jun 05, 12 at 1:02pm
daveyd

quote CoarseDragon
quote daveyd
Today Amazon changed the release date to July 31st. Assuming that is accurate it will only be delayed a week. A bit of a shame, but it's not too bad.
I updated the release date on the wiki. Amazon shows me August 2, 2012 but I suppose that includes shipping time.
Yep, that includes the estimated shipping time. My order on Amazon has it listed as August 3rd (even though I have "two day" shipping). In my experience Amazon orders often arrive before the estimated delivery date (though I don't think I've ever pre-ordered from them before so I'm not sure if that will still be the case). But the release date on most sites now says July 31st.

May 29, 12 at 6:00pm
CoarseDragon

quote daveyd

May 27, 12 at 8:27pm
daveyd

May 16, 12 at 4:58pm
izanagi_the_creator

The delay is quite a disappointment but I do prefer a well-polished game than one with bugs. Hope the delay helps!

May 07, 12 at 8:34am
CoarseDragon

quote daveyd
quote CoarseDragon
quote Quetzalcoatl
quote CoarseDragon
It occured to me the delay might be to get it ready for a Vita release.
You know, come to think of it, if this be the case then it surely the best move of Atlus since that way a lot of people would be buying this title on the Vita as it being one of the first RPG's. A lot of people would be looking it up and buy it .
Right, that's what I thought too. It would be great if they did. The Vita has a really nice display.
That could very well be it. As I understand it, it took awhile for all the older PSP games on the PSN to be made compatible with the PSVita store. I know Atlus has said when they first announced WoT they were really aiming to have it up on the PSN on the day of physical release.
That would be such a huge shot in the arm for the game. Accessible to many more people.

May 05, 12 at 4:08pm
daveyd

quote CoarseDragon
quote Quetzalcoatl
quote CoarseDragon
You know, come to think of it, if this be the case then it surely the best move of Atlus since that way a lot of people would be buying this title on the Vita as it being one of the first RPG's. A lot of people would be looking it up and buy it .
Right, that's what I thought too. It would be great if they did. The Vita has a really nice display.
That could very well be it. As I understand it, it took awhile for all the older PSP games on the PSN to be made compatible with the PSVita store. I know Atlus has said when they first announced WoT they were really aiming to have it up on the PSN on the day of physical release.

May 03, 12 at 2:51pm
CoarseDragon

quote Quetzalcoatl
quote CoarseDragon