Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 » is modern warfare2 better than modernwarfare 3 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Ops Black Ops 2 Brigadier General Colonel 2nd Lieutenant Ghosts Major Lieutenant Colonel Corporal General Captain Lieutenant General 1st Lieutenant Major General Master Sergeant Modern Warfare Modern Warfare 3 Private Sergant Major Sergeant

hideOriginal Post

May 02, 12 at 2:19amNINJAMAN101

post here wether u think mw2 is better than mw3 personaly i think that mw3
is a fantastic sequal to mw2 mw3 advanced in so many ways like
the campagin was much better it had me more excited then the mw2 campagin
the multiplayer like the equipment and weapons all of it.
modern warfare 3 is to me personaly way way way better but that just me

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 26, 14 at 8:29am
Filbert Lee

I've play both of the game. MW 2 is better. Even though I never play online on PS3, the multipayer (mw2) is more like awesome, the perks and attachment is more useful

Aug 08, 12 at 12:04am
KR_1250

quote Army_Man92
MW3 is definitely a better game. Just so clean-cut and balanced. (Besides FMG akimbos and the 95)
In your humble 'opinion' ofcourse.

Aug 07, 12 at 11:03am
Matt 123456789

Na, MW3 was released to make the shite that was MW2 look better, God MW3 is a farce

Aug 07, 12 at 8:58am
Army_Man92

Let's put it this way: If MW3 the game came out before MW2 the game and called itself MW2 instead of MW3, then people would have really liked it, certainly on average more than how they liked MW2. Consequently, if MW2 the game was released as the sequel to MW3 (which is acting as MW2), then people would rage about how horrible the game is and how noob tubes suck, killstreaks are overpowered, etc.

So despite the nostalgia and just plain idiots, MW3 is definitely a better game. Just so clean-cut and balanced. (Besides FMG akimbos and the 95)

Aug 07, 12 at 6:11am
KR_1250

quote CrematedMan
Yes. I enjoyed it more, and still do. That should be the only measure of 'better'.
I'll go with that logic.

Yup, that makes my favourites:

1: Cod4
2: MW2
3: WAW

And a massive list of random terrible things i couldnt be bothered finishing followed by MW3, another list of horrendous punishments and eventually Black ops.

It was too long. I couldnt commit.

(Thats what she said)

Aug 07, 12 at 6:01am
CrematedMan

Yes. I enjoyed it more, and still do. That should be the only measure of 'better'.

Aug 07, 12 at 5:51am
marc gibson

mw2 is the daddy. mw3 should of been great, it was'nt. the dlc's for mw2 to me made it a great mw2.5. mw3 is just not what it says on the tin. mw2 all the way...

May 18, 12 at 11:13am
Dizzywallin

For me, MW3 is a bit more fitting.

With MW2, I absolutely hated the fact everyone used stopping power in Core. Never been a big fan of a perk that allows you to kill the other guy faster, simply because he chose a more tacical perk. With that said, I only ever played Hardcore TDM. Even though it was full of turd-tubes and UMP's. I did enjoy it, and i still play from time to time.

With MW3 and Black Ops, Stopping Power was built in. Therefore, I had nothing to complain about, considering I could choose whatever perk I wanted and not have to worry about losing every gun-fight. (Now, OP guns are a whole different story. Thats a given complaint.)

As for the killstreak and anti-air discussion:

I agree that it is really easy to take down a killstreak. A SMAW rocket and a few shots takes down the basic air support, let alone the Stinger and Blind-Eye pro.

What I really hate about it though is that taking down killstreaks count for your own pointstreak. Why? Isn't it good enough that you shot it down and saved yourself and others?

The noise from a launcher fired at a killstreak should sound like Staple's "Easy Button". It should NOT reward someone with anything but some XP. Why? Because I honestly think a large portion of players shoot down killstreaks to build up their own. They don't care whether or not it saved their team.

When I play well and get alot of kills, I would like to be rewarded with a hard-earned killstreak. But this is how it normally plays out:

1. I find a nice spot to lay down and pull out my lap-top.
2. I excitedly look upon the thermal image of the map.
3. I'm looking for a red box...
4. Still looking...
5. Found one! I fire 2 or 3 missiles and get a kill.
6. Searching for another red box...
7. ...
8. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
9. I am engulfed in a fiery explosion.
10. I return to my prone position and put away my lap-top.

Sigh.......

There is no need for such easy and abundant anti-air support when so many people use blind-eye anyways. So go away SAM turrets and piss-easy stingers, and come back when its more of a challenge to use and obtain the two of you.

May 17, 12 at 3:42pm
JokerBillo

I personally thing mw2 was more fun, although after 26 days on that game, I can't play it for more than 20 mins at a time now.

May 17, 12 at 3:59am
Matt 123456789

I didnt until I saw booster justice by Sandy Ravage