Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Black Ops II » Black Ops 2: Zombies. Discussion/Wish-list/Information » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

May 02, 12 at 1:04amLocrian

As pumped as I am for Black Ops 2 multiplayer. Nothing can come close to my excitement for more zombies. Reading articles and what not around the web I've seen people stating that there will be zombies game modes and objectives now. If this is true then it will either be bloody amazing or terrible. What do you want to see out of zombies in Black Ops 2? And if anyone has leaked info or anything to do with BO2 zoms, post it here!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 11, 12 at 1:53pm
Agent Mo

quote nathankf17
I think they should add a solo leaderboard.
Agreed, they should have a general leaderboard and then separate leaderboards for each number of players.

With it being on the multiplayer engine now (or whatever), i can see something like this happening.

Oct 11, 12 at 9:21am
NoBL3Zz

http://www.charlieintel.com/2012/09/28/our-community-faq-on-black-ops-2-mp/

The original characters are back, although in some form. I think we're probably only going to hear their voices.

Oct 08, 12 at 2:11pm
nathankf17

I think they should add a solo leaderboard. I've gotten to at least round 45 on Kino, but I just can't play it with other people. They'll either ruin my train, activate a trap, leave, end the game, get mad when they die, ect. In other words, playing zombies with randoms really rustles my jimmies, so I would like a board dedicated to my actual high round.

Sep 24, 12 at 11:55pm
Agent Mo

Ah that sent shivers down my spine.

It does sound like a boss type yeah, but the sound towards the end is sort of like electricity....like a teleporter almost...

EDIT: There are three more sounds:

Sep 23, 12 at 3:35am
Boyd

So another teaser sounds this time it sounds like its some sort of special Zombie Boss like the Dogs and Scientist

If you saw my Achivements thread you will notice an achivement for killing the Avogadro without being attacked by it. Could be it after you kill it.

Sep 20, 12 at 6:59pm
dudewithpie

I think they should release zombies as a small, downloadable game rather than a full retail package. I don't mind the price or anything, it's just that a stand alone title might go overboard and go to shite like call of duty did as a franchise.

They might also take zombies too seriously, which would ruin the whole tone of the game. A lot of people bash on the somewhat childish humor in it, but that's what makes COD zombies unique. It's stupid, but funny.

Sep 20, 12 at 10:10am
Agent Mo

Anyone else notice the bus' number plate in the teaser? XP-79

Sep 20, 12 at 9:29am
Yogurt

Bionicle1995

They could do it, though. There's a reason why it's loved so much and by many the only reason they bought/kept Black Ops. If it really does warrant it's own game then it's nice that Treyarch implement it onto the game as one game instead of doing what Infinity Ward would probably do and split it and make it apart of some special/prestige edition or whatever/make you buy it separately. Although if Zombie does really take off I could see Activision making Treyarch split it.

Sep 20, 12 at 9:25am
bionicle1995

quote Yogurt
quote Agent Mo
quote Yogurt
I was thinking that but if it's as big as they say it is, it doesn't need it's own game as you get the campaign and mutliplayer as well for £45. Although they could go crazy on it if it was it's own game but then if you wanted both you would have to pay £90. Imagine 2/3 years devoted to Zombies, though!
But as far as i'm aware Treyarch has a part of the dev team that solely works on zombies. So technically 2 years has been spent on zombies, just with less people. But then would you really want more people to work on it when these guys have been doing it for 3 games now, and know what the fans want? Depends tbh. It could go amazing but they could also royally screw up.
That's why it doesn't need it's own game if it's gonna be pretty much the same, we get it and other things for £45 instead of having to buy 2 games. They probably know a fair number of people are only going to buy it because of Zombies which could be good for future CoDs if these people like the multiplayer aspect and decide to buy future CoDs, especially the next Treyarch CoD because this one was good. Although if it was it's own game it would probably have like 5 maps to start with and each mode would be quite a bit bigger. But they say it warrants it's own game, so it should be good.
I am a big fan of zombies, but the bthing you are forgetting is that no matter what they add to zombies, it is still going to be known as the minigame from CoD. It is not a full zombie game like L4D or Dead Island, it is a minigame produced originally as a small bonus in WaW.

Making a full game out of a minigame almost always ruins the game. I say keep it as a cod addon, its good enough as it is.

Sep 20, 12 at 9:23am
Yogurt

quote Agent Mo
quote Yogurt
I was thinking that but if it's as big as they say it is, it doesn't need it's own game as you get the campaign and mutliplayer as well for £45. Although they could go crazy on it if it was it's own game but then if you wanted both you would have to pay £90. Imagine 2/3 years devoted to Zombies, though!
But as far as i'm aware Treyarch has a part of the dev team that solely works on zombies. So technically 2 years has been spent on zombies, just with less people. But then would you really want more people to work on it when these guys have been doing it for 3 games now, and know what the fans want? Depends tbh. It could go amazing but they could also royally screw up.
That's why it doesn't need it's own game if it's gonna be pretty much the same, we get it and other things for £45 instead of having to buy 2 games. They probably know a fair number of people are only going to buy it because of Zombies which could be good for future CoDs if these people like the multiplayer aspect and decide to buy future CoDs, especially the next Treyarch CoD because this one was good. Although if it was it's own game it would probably have like 5 maps to start with and each mode would be quite a bit bigger. But they say it warrants it's own game, so it should be good.