Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Digimon World 3 » Calling veteran dmw3 players. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 01, 12 at 1:44pmTiger Tea

Hey there everyone!
Recently i was thinking back to the good old days when i used to play this game for days and day(this was around 8 years ago ~). Now that i have found people making Let's plays or Walk-throughs on Youtube, i would like to see how some of the experienced/Veteran people play this game. After reading some old posts to find some people that have committed to the community, or understand a whole lot of this game provide those videos. Examples such as:

-Chaosbeezlemon: boasting playing guilmon that ends up with beezlemon, this would be interesting to see as he progresses through the game with that goal in mind. I love Beezlemon myself.
-ZurrCat: I've read a lot of posts provided by ZurrCat who seems to have a lot of knowledge in this game.
-JDavidC: While looking through some old Tier post, JDavidC is very determined with his Soul-chopper Renamon being a very powerful/cheesy build in this game that can be abused, Despite the heavy grinding i'd still like to see that.
-MedJai: I read a lot of his posts as he helps out the community here and it seems to me he might be one of the most knowledgeable in terms of playing Dmw3
-I'd like to write more on why i would love to see poeple play through the game and provide video and even better, some commentary But i dont want to make this post to000000000000 long, so here are some other names such as Wolf_Link, too Educated, BeelzemontZero.

OH yeah, a lot of those posts i read on Gamefaqs and are terribly old, so i'm not sure if my wish might come true at all .

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 28, 13 at 9:38pm
Kyle17

Jungle Shrine is always the best decision. I'll train there till my Guilmon lvl. 41 and Kumamon lvl. 35 will reach lvl. 43-45 depending on how long it takes. I started with Kumamon lvl 31 and Guilmon lvl 37. So yeah, It's the best way. Another tip: GRIND HARD after you reached AM server and dont use TP for a long time till you've come the legendary gym. Then, you'll be really powerful.

May 23, 12 at 3:13pm
SpaceWalker

I'm pretty inactive, but I feel like posting today XD
For training, I pretty much just fish wherever gives the best EXP and that i can kill in 2 hits - first Coelamon near Leomon's Gym for weak champions, then the Seadramon in Kicking Forest until i get to West Sector, then the Dolphmon in Pelche Oasis. After that, its the Divermon I fish for in Divermon Lake. When I'm strong enough, I train on the Numemon in Jungle Shrine for ridiculous EXP and BITS, then finally on the Amaterasu Server's Ebidramon (the pink ones give like 260 EXP each) or AM Jungle Shrine (stornger Numemons giving similar EXP to Ebidramon). Fishing and Jungle Shrine are pretty much the most effective ways to train in the game, since nowhere else gives you a high enough encounter rate to train effectively.

As a side note, I've just finished Magasta Base on my current save, which is a "no Counter-Crest run" - here's my team (italics show the form I'm currently using):

Guilmon Lv 36 - Low overall stats because he is designed as a support Digimon, but he gets access the main Machine-type line very early, so it's all good. Just not quite enough stats to be great, butstill definitely superior to Patamon statwise.
Accessories: Wind Power 1, Multicrest (such an awesome item).
- Metalmamemon Lv 40
- Metalgarurumon Lv 99
- Megagargomon Lv 18

Agumon Lv 31 - BlackWargeymon's Flame Breath technique really saved my hide against the Ice Witch in Ice Dungeon. Very slow Digimon though...
Accessories: Ice Power 2, Search Crest (also pretty awesome).
- Metalgreymon Lv 1
- Skullgreymon Lv 99
- BlackWargreymon Lv 21

Kumamon Lv 27 - Super-high EXP requirements make him very hard to train, but he's on par with my other two Digimon for power even though he's only ultimate... what a beast! He suffers from major MP issues though.
Accessories: Dance Feather, Recovery Crest (Kumamon is an awesome tank with his ridiculous HP, so it's really good on him).
- Grizzmon Lv 87
- GrapLeomon Lv 96
- Kyubimon Lv 1

May 17, 12 at 6:16am
ShadowCrystallux

Early game level up areas? They're a bitch. A) there isn't many of them. B) the good training spots always seem to have strong techniques against your digimon. C) I always seem to be underleveled, no matter which part of the game, and I get lazy until I only just scrape through a section of the story.

May 17, 12 at 5:29am
MagamiForte

The jungle shrine is the best place for leveling early.

May 16, 12 at 1:18pm
Duncan Idaho

quote AC Sephiroth
quote Duncan Idaho
The Board, thats were you will go to train dude, the circuit board between the severs is a great place.
I'm not that far in the game just yet. I need a place now... hmmhmm, maybe Jungle Shrine? Or Bug Maze when I get there?

Well, I guess it'll be West Sector for now. You can get real EXP just by running against a wall and destroying any violent visitors.
yeah i emant the bug maze, i cant play this on my PSP due that i cant find AT ALL something that will make the 2003 version work, it gets glitched as soon as i try to head onto the sewers, and bypassing that erases all NPC's from the game, well all non seller NPC's

May 16, 12 at 11:36am
AC Sephiroth

quote Duncan Idaho
The Board, thats were you will go to train dude, the circuit board between the severs is a great place.
I'm not that far in the game just yet. I need a place now... hmmhmm, maybe Jungle Shrine? Or Bug Maze when I get there?

Well, I guess it'll be West Sector for now. You can get real EXP just by running against a wall and destroying any violent visitors.

May 16, 12 at 5:29am
MagamiForte

Trained my Veemon today managed to get Diaboromon lol and I'm on my way to PM.After getting PM heading north XD...

May 16, 12 at 4:01am
ShadowCrystallux

Meh, I train Renamon in the underwater areas, Patamon at circuit board, Guilmon against anything that doesn't knock him out the first time I fight them (basic attacks ftw with Guilmon, as his techs suck), Agumon at freeze mountain, Veemon- never actually trained him, Kumamon the same as Guilmon but at least his techniques don't suck and Monmon is the same as Veemon. Note: I am talking about their natural digivolution path.

May 15, 12 at 7:42pm
Duncan Idaho

May 15, 12 at 12:53pm
AC Sephiroth

I don't know where you could get a cable, but I bought this small set, which contained the BlueSoleil application and a Bluetooth adapter which I tap in to the USB port whenever I need to transfer things such as... well, you know.

I got it from a local store though. You might want to use Google or whatever search engine for getting your own.

Come to think of it, USB cable... those things seem to suck more money than you possibly can afford. Bluetooth is where it's at, trust me.

By the way, I need an appropriate place to grind my Digimon's levels. Where should I do that ATM? I don't remember where I used to train, not anymore... >_>