Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Showcases and Work Logs » Dee's PC » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Hello, and welcome to the Showcases and worklogs forum! This forum is primarily for users to post about their computers and discuss them. You are welcome to join in the discussion, and if you wish to create your own, please register! Its free!The Showcase forum is for people to 'brag' and show off their computers they have already built. If you are asking for advice on a computer you plan on building, please post that in the main forum.

Thanks.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 01, 12 at 9:55am

The PC Gods have assisted me with my upgrade.

Main Setup:
CPU - Intel i5 3570k
MOBO - Asus P8Z77-V
RAM - Kingston 8GB 1600mhz 2x4GB
SSD - OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
PSU - Corsair HX750
MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr
CPU COOLING - Corsair SP120 quiet fans.
MONITOR - BenQ GW2750 1920x1080
KEYBOARD - CM Storm Quick Fire Mech
MOUSE - Razer Naga

2nd Setup:
CPU - AMD Phenom II x2 555BE
MOBO - Asus m4A785TD-V EVO
RAM - Patriot 4GB 1333mhz 2x2GB
GPU - MSI HD6850 OC
HDD - 750GB Seagate
PSU - Corsair VX550 550w
Audio Card - X-FI Titanium
KEYBOARD - CM Storm Quick Fire Mech
MOUSE - CM Storm Sentinel
MONITOR - 25" Sammy T260 1920x1200

I've moved the i5 to the case now. It's much better in there due to the temps. The 555BE will be my gaming rig for now. It's out in the open on the MOBO box. The temps are fine for that.

Not much to update. But that's the Corsair 200R case. Like the look and how simple it is, but don't like the airflow and heat in it. Going to get some more Corsair fans and maybe mod the front of the case to allow more air in. My GS600 psu crapped out on me so I bought a HX750. Much better IMO.

I did get a BenQ GW2750. Nice monitor but bright as all hell even with the settings down.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 24, 14 at 8:39am
hiigaran

you dont want to see my cable management (or lack thereof). its all about the case. if you have a semi decent case, theres bound to be at least some form of cable management. in my case, im using an old case that still has a pentium 3 sticker slapped on its front.

Mar 24, 14 at 7:57am
harbin

Everyone else's cable management skills make me jealous. Every time I tried to take a nice, clean pic of my case inside it just looks awful. Would love to make upgrades to my PC but I can't afford the damn things

Mar 23, 14 at 9:37am
deeplove

I'm honestly impressed with the build. Yes, those fans make a huge difference. Now If I can only get my PSU to quiet down when it ramps up. LOL.

Other than that it's a well built graphics card. I've had MSI cards before and I've never had any issues with them. *knocks on wood*. They're well built and top quality.

But for now it will do. I got the card on cheap due to store credit. So I can't complain. From a HD6850 to a GTX 760 it's a nice difference.

Mar 22, 14 at 2:03pm
hiigaran

nice! after my 670 died, the store i brought the card from offered me one of those as a replacement. turned it down for a souped up 770 instead, complete with fans similar to yours.

amazing what those larger fans do to the noise, huh?

Mar 22, 14 at 1:56pm
deeplove

Small update.

Got myself a GTX 760. For what I play it's more than enough. Love the card. Very quiet. My PSU is louder than the card itself. Should hold me up for a couple of months.

Jun 21, 13 at 6:28am
deeplove

Not much to update. But that's the Corsair 200R case. Like the look and how simple it is, but don't like the airflow and heat in it. Going to get some more Corsair fans and maybe mod the front of the case to allow more air in. My GS600 psu crapped out on me so I bought a HX750. Much better IMO.

I did get a BenQ GW2750. Nice monitor but bright as all hell even with the settings down.

It's almost that time again. I will be making a new PC soon. Going with the new Haswell. Just because. I want a 4770k but I might just go with a 4670k instead. Still thinking and re-thinking it. I also want to get me a pair of 660ti's. Unless other cards come down in price. I wanted to get a new xbox or the new ps4 but I'll wait for them to get their issues straightened out. So PC gaming will be my thing for a couple more months. I honestly don't mind.

Sep 11, 12 at 8:21am
VeGiTAX2

That looks like a no, have to tune into anyone able to live blog it from the event for the details. Here's the schedule though.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/intel-developer-forum-idf/san-francisco/idf-2012-san-francisco-agenda.html

Sep 11, 12 at 5:58am
deeplove

It's all good Harbin91. I like the info that's being posted. Now if it would've been some uninformative crap then I would've minded. But for now, it's all g double o d good.

I can't wait to hear what's up with the Haswell.

Vegitax2, will they stream anything live the IDF thing?

Sep 10, 12 at 11:54pm
harbin

TBH both companies abandoning the desktop market would be like Microsoft abandoning desktop OS. Sure mobile is a growing market, but desktops are their main source of business. Chucking that out the window will leave a massive gap in the market for dick companies such as Apple to monopolise with their close-minded, anti-competition expensive, metal turds they call Macs.

Don't get me wrong, Macs aren't bad, but they're overpriced and overhyped for what they are and what they do. Plus upgrading anything other than RAM, GPU or storage is a nightmare and needs to be done in an Apple store or something like that. One of the main reasons why PCs dominate is because of the options and choices. Don't need much, buy a cheap nettop... gamer? Buy a gaming PC, film enthusiast, try a media centre PC.

Sorry deeplove, we seemed to have hijacked your thread

Sep 10, 12 at 4:45pm
VeGiTAX2

Yeah that was the problem with the article lol. The bumped piledriver up on their roadmap to show their continued commitment to PC (A10 series is out). While also investing in their mobile alliance. It would be like Intel saying they're going to focus on mobile with the Atom and that sticking with people over the fact that as a company they can do multiple things at once.

Either way the reality was set straight back then, they're focusing on 4 areas at once. Server / Desktop / Video / Mobile