Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Animal Crossing: New Leaf » Will NOT be dlc dependant! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Looking to exchange friend codes and play online? There's a forum for that! Head over to the Wi-Fi & Friend Codes forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

DJ KK Gracie Gracie Isabelle KK Slider Kicks Leif Redd Reese Timmy and Tommy Tom Nook Bluebear Cheri Pudge Stitches Rudy Kiki Tangy Tangy Beau Cherry Goldie Hamlet Julian Melba Tex Ruby Poppy Chief Lobo Skye Wolfgang Black Cosmos Black Roses Black Tulips Blue Pansies Blue Roses Orange Cosmos Orange Pansies Orange Roses Pink Cosmos Pink Roses Pink Tulips Purple Pansies Purple Roses Purple Tulips Red Cosmos Red Pansies Red Roses Red Tulips White Cosmos White Pansies White Roses White Tulips Yellow Cosmos Yellow Pansies Yellow Roses Yellow Tulips Gold Roses Axe Rod Net Shovel Slingshot Watering Can Golden Axe Golden Rod Golden Net Golden Shovel Golden Slingshot Golden Watering Can Apple Cherries Orange Peach Pear Bamboo Seed Coconut Durian Lemon Lychee Mango Persimmon Pond Smelt Red Snapper Agrius Butterfly Bell Bag Candy Fossil Gyroid Party Popper Pitfall Seed Present Shirt Umbrella Wallpaper Sweets House Pink Riboon Purple Ribbon Large Acorn Rotting Acorn Small Acorn Acorn New Leaf

hideOriginal Post

Apr 27, 12 at 1:08pmdemoncatjuston

Source

quote My Nitnendo News
Animal Crossing for the Nintendo 3DS won’t be reliant on downloadable content says Nintendo president Satoru Iwata. Despite the game having the potential of multiple pieces of downloadable content, Iwata says that this won’t be the case. Animal Crossing 3D will obviously have some DLC but the majority of the content will be on the cartridge when you purchase the game later this year.

“We will continue to make efforts to avoid such misunderstandings as, “the next ‘Animal Crossing’ might be a game which relies upon add-on content sales.”

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 02, 12 at 4:07pm
Phi

This is great news. ^^ I despise dlc and stay away from games that require it to play the game in any big way. It just makes me want to buy more games used.

Apr 28, 12 at 12:47pm
demoncatjuston

the only reason i see it as a big deal is becuase its a game kinda like the sims.

so i could imagine people would worry.

i just figured they'd do the same thing like the wii.

Apr 27, 12 at 9:20pm
Fluidity

I agree with Gotenks. I never foresaw this as being a problem, but it's nice to get a confirmation. None of the previous games "depended" on DLC. In fact I haven't downloaded anything onto CF yet and don't really plan on it.

Apr 27, 12 at 8:11pm
Squiggle

Well that's a relief. I don't want there to be a need for DLC to fully enjoy the game. x.x

Apr 27, 12 at 5:58pm
Gotenks

Thought this would of been pretty obvious lol.

I never expected this game to be dependent on DLC. I just expected them to release some DLC for this game every so often for new sets of furniture, clothes, and an occasional new type of neighbor for special events.

Apr 27, 12 at 2:22pm
Arietta

THANK GOODNESS.
I hate the premise behind DLC in most games. Sometimes they give you an unfair disadvantage against other players (Others games, and I highly doubt AC will ever hve that), and I can never get DLC because my country sucks because there's no progress and no one cares about bringing us a way to pay for DLC.

Big news for me. Reaaaally happy news for me.

Apr 27, 12 at 1:08pm
demoncatjuston

Source

quote My Nitnendo News
Animal Crossing for the Nintendo 3DS won’t be reliant on downloadable content says Nintendo president Satoru Iwata. Despite the game having the potential of multiple pieces of downloadable content, Iwata says that this won’t be the case. Animal Crossing 3D will obviously have some DLC but the majority of the content will be on the cartridge when you purchase the game later this year.

“We will continue to make efforts to avoid such misunderstandings as, “the next ‘Animal Crossing’ might be a game which relies upon add-on content sales.”