Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » PokéLounge » Video Game Soundtracks » Post Reply

Note to Guests: PLEASE NOTE: Threads concerning Pokémon should be brought to their respective forums, including game talk, strategies, trading, and etc. Thanks.PLEASE NOTE: PokéLounge is a forum for off-topic discussion. Any Pokémon related topics should be posted in the General Pokémon Forum.
Wish to see more of our fantastic Pokémon Forums? Click here!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Apr 27, 12 at 11:00amLaika

Hey PokéLounge, I thought I'd post this here as I find it pretty interesting.

Do you have any favourite video game music? Some video games have very good soundtracks that really enhance the gaming experience, whether it be adding emotional depth, changing the atmosphere, or getting you pulse racing for a particularly special boss fight.

My favourite game soundtracks have to be:

So, what do you guys like?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 03, 12 at 2:05pm
canderson

I have to go with The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. I absolutely love the orchestrated themes of this game. I'm glad they countinued going this path with LoZ Skyward Sword the Super Mario Galaxy games.

May 02, 12 at 5:31pm
Gotenks

I have to say that my favorite soundtrack of all time has to go to Donkey Kong Country 2. The songs from the game are some of the most played songs on my iTunes and even my Ipod.

A lot of the main Mario series games have great soundtracks as well.

May 02, 12 at 5:28pm
Sonicfan

LoZ series, MGS series (especially), and the final fantasy series have great game music. My favorite soundtrack though is the theme of simon belmont in castlevania 4.

But the way, im back, so yay.

May 01, 12 at 3:38pm
Axe

Fallout: New Vegas had an EXCELLENT soundtrack, what with that evolving/changing music mechanic that builds up and down the background music's intensity as the action builds up and dies down.

The music of the Mass Effect series is one of the main reasons why the series is so amazing. The music almost always hits home as a masterpiece(even if some other things don't).

I'm going to assume that Brutal Legend is disqualified since it uses, for want of a better term, real-world music.

May 01, 12 at 10:18am
Kingy

Another video game I'd like to mention is Fallout 3. Everything from the ambient music that plays in the overworld to the retro tunes that play in your radio are excellent.

Not to mention the level up tune is my ringtone.

Apr 30, 12 at 6:46pm
Denny the Fisher

Let's make our way through the ol' iTunes, shall we?

The complete soundtracks I have are:
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Kingdom Hearts: Re:Coded
Pokémon Black and White
Pokémon Colosseum
Pokémon Gold and Silver
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald
Portal 2
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Sonic Riders
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2

...and that's it.

Apr 30, 12 at 6:35pm
Lukas

The Mega Man series - 2, 3, 9 and the first 3 X games in particular - has *bleep*ing sick music.

Other picks? Brutal Legend, Chrono Trigger, Dark Cloud, Earthworm Jim, Journey, Nier, Pokemon RSE, Resonance Of Fate, the Sonic The Hedgehog series and Split/Second. A lot of Capcom and Konami's NES and SNES games could also fit here.

Apr 30, 12 at 1:08pm
Roxas

Just to name a couple. Both of these themes bring out the calm side of me like no other.

Apr 30, 12 at 11:45am
GuitarMan91

When I play handheld games I never have the music on. The only exceptions to that are when I play Final Fantasy Dissidia 012 or The World Ends With You. TWEWY has the best soundtrack of any game personally. As far as console games go Final Fantasy 13 had an amazing soundtrack but that's the only game that really comes up in my head. I'll follow up with some links later.

Apr 30, 12 at 11:07am
Endless Ages

...No mention of the Sonic franchise? Seriously? If there is something that Sega and Sonic Team has managed to keep (nearly) consistent in their games, it's the music. Hell, even Sonic 06 in all of its crappiness had great music:

And this only scratches the surface