Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » Nasus - is this fair » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

Apr 26, 12 at 9:34amThe Supreme Extreme

So I have been playing Nasus a lot. I usually build him with either Ninja Tabi or Merc Treads - depending on who I'm soloing top against. Then I go for the cooldown shield, triforce, then either warmogs, thornmail, or ghostblade depending on what my team needs or what we are up against.

If my team is half decent and doesnt engage 4v5 so I can level my Q, I almost always win. Endgame my Q is usually either 500 or 600 if we make it that far.

However, most of the time my team makes retarded engages 4v5 around dragon and gets pissed at me for not walking over half the map, ignoring levelling my Q, and helping them with their retarded engages.

Is this fair? Or should I engage more? I usually start engaging around 20 minutes when my Q is at around 250-300.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 27, 12 at 3:57am
A Wind Powered Moose

If you're just farming top and ignoring the rest of the game while the enemy is getting every single objective on the map over and over again: taking baron, dragon, and buffs, then you might not make it to end game. You should probably pack teleport so that you can come help in these situations.

Apr 27, 12 at 2:04am
ShadowCrystallux

I bought nasus in my noob days because I had one good game with him during an f2p week with him, I sucked with him as soon as I bought him and still do >.> I was always trying to level my Q up through killing god damn minions but my team tried initiating 4v5 teamfights which would end up in them getting killed, feeding the enemy and a fed team of enemies coming top and taking me out (at the bloody turret as well) and them blaming me for not coming to them when they snapped their fingers

Apr 27, 12 at 12:25am
Fluroclad

When I play Nasus I ignore every one until I have either around 400 stacks or 3 towers down. Then I start helping in team fights and pushing lanes.

Apr 26, 12 at 3:18pm
BANDITO ATTACK

you're definitely playing nasus right. stay top all game, farm, ignore everything for 30 minutes, then leave top and 1v5 the other team. wins games, always has. most people are aware that nasus does this, and won't try to start group fights while you're farming, but if you want to avoid any possible problems you could always take teleport. that way you only have to leave your lane to port directly into a fight, removing the downtime of walking across the map.

that's the risk of playing nasus, tho. if your team cant hold it together while you farm into god mode, then you can lose before you're ready to actually fight. :\

Apr 26, 12 at 2:49pm
Chaosfire

I'd start engaging when you feel you do enough damage. Try to gain dominance over the other top lane, and if he goes to fight, do the same. Just a rule of thumb.

Apr 26, 12 at 9:34am
The Supreme Extreme

So I have been playing Nasus a lot. I usually build him with either Ninja Tabi or Merc Treads - depending on who I'm soloing top against. Then I go for the cooldown shield, triforce, then either warmogs, thornmail, or ghostblade depending on what my team needs or what we are up against.

If my team is half decent and doesnt engage 4v5 so I can level my Q, I almost always win. Endgame my Q is usually either 500 or 600 if we make it that far.

However, most of the time my team makes retarded engages 4v5 around dragon and gets pissed at me for not walking over half the map, ignoring levelling my Q, and helping them with their retarded engages.

Is this fair? Or should I engage more? I usually start engaging around 20 minutes when my Q is at around 250-300.