Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Anime » Hyouka » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Enjoy yourself, and please read the rules for this forum~!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 22, 12 at 5:56pmRabla

Oreki Hotaro is a high school boy, who always acts passively. One day, he enters "Koten Bu (Classic Literature Club)" as recommended by his elder sister.

There he meets Chitanda Eru, Fukube Satoshi, and Ibara Mayaka. Chitanda is a calm beautiful girl but she turns into an embodiment of curiosity once she says, "I'm interested in it (Watashi, Kininarimasu)". Fukube is a smiling boy with a fantastic memory, he never deduces anything on his own. Ibara is a short girl and is strict with others and herself. She loves Fukube, but he always dodges her approaches.

They begin to investigate a case that occurred 33 years ago. Hints of the mystery are buried in an old collection of works of the former members of Koten Club. The collection is titled "Hyouka".
Studio: Kyoto Animation

Main Series
Episodes: 21
Opening Theme 1: 'Yasashisa no Riyuu' by Choucho
Ending Theme 1: 'Madoromi no Yakusoku' by Satomi Satou & Ai Kayano
Opening Theme 2: 'Mikansei Stride' by Saori Kodama
Ending Theme 2: 'Kimi ni Matsuwaru Mystery' by Satomi Satou & Ai Kayano

OVA
Episodes: 1
Release: January 2013

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 12, 13 at 2:44am
shayne

just finished this in like 2 days wow
i really really enjoyed it a lot haha ^^

i'm really interested in the writer for this anime tbh
tried to do some research but couldn't really find much

anyone know if he/she has any other works?
i'd really appreciate it! thanks hehe

Oct 07, 12 at 10:48am
Mastix

stabbedbyahippie, welcome to the forum! It's too bad you weren't here with us when Hyouka was airing. The movie arc was probably my second favorite. The best to me was the festival. I'm glad someone else likes this as a mystery anime. So many here don't consider it a mystery.

The one cool part of watching it weekly with the cliffhangers was that we got to theorize and think about it. The downside was that a lot of people forgot all the little details and therefor got bored of the mysteries. I kind of wish I'd done what you did.

Oct 07, 12 at 1:06am
stabbedbyahippie

I originally planned on watching this anime when it first started airing, but I heard it wasn't that great so I kind of ignored it. Welp, fast forward to a week ago, I was pretty bored and decided I would at least give this anime a shot now that it's almost over. After I got a couple episodes in I seriously had NO idea why I didn't watch it earlier, I thought it was great! Over the past week I've watched 20 of the 22 episodes and am just about to finish it up.

Seriously some great stuff in this anime. Haven't watched a mystery themed anime this good since Gosick.

The mysteries themselves were almost all really interesting (the multi-episode ones usually more-so however), and more than any other mystery anime I've watched before, this one really made me try and figure each case out in my head before the big reveal.

Some single episodes (the wet kimono/math teacher ones come to mind) weren't that great but overall the show was awesome.

The movie arc was probably the most interesting one in my mind and I loved how

Also the school festival arc was great too, and everything tied together really, really well!

I'm half glad that I waited to watch this series though, because I don't think I could have dealt with some of the cliff hangers they had looool.

Now, to go polish of those last two episodes.

EDIT: ALSO, it's one of the few high school animes where the male protagonist's best friend isn't a total retard LOL

Aug 12, 12 at 9:42pm
Mastix

Wow what a conclusion. Guys, can you explain to me again why this isn't a good mystery series? I'm enthralled by this. That was a stunningly executed mystery. Seriously Kanya Festival arc that was complex, enticing and fun. Not a dull moment. I had my suspicions of the culprit, but of course not all of the evidence came through that damn solidly for me. Also I love how the resolution of the plot threads this arc didn't just solve the mystery, but brought about character development all around. It's expertly done, with Oreki being compared ostensibly to these people that have so much talent but don't use it, and the pain that causes those that have actually worked hard in those areas. Fantastic.

This is really a five-star series.

Jul 02, 12 at 12:32pm
Arcliff

quote Mastix
Arcliff, I don't really understand that sentence, but in this episode, Oreki becomes a real boy! All my curious has been resolved.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was talking about.

Jul 02, 12 at 7:09am
Mastix

Arcliff, I don't really understand that sentence, but in this episode, Oreki becomes a real boy! All my curious has been resolved.

Jul 02, 12 at 6:33am
Arcliff

Oreki grew so much damns in today's episode.

Jul 01, 12 at 10:08pm
Mastix

quote Rabla
EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT EPISODE HOLY SHIT.

>After this episode
>Not a mystery

This episode was mindblowing. Oreki is a damn good character.

Jul 01, 12 at 7:51pm
Rabla

EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT EPISODE HOLY SHIT.

Jun 26, 12 at 8:03pm
Mastix

quote Kratos
Ah c'mon now let's not get into semantics. I already mentioned suspense and mysterious came to mind first. Plus I already admitted that Hyouka is a mystery.

Should I say that its mystery isn't very engaging?
I majored in law.

Anywho, yeah that's fair. No one can argue whether or not you're engaged after all.