Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Playstation 3 » Playstation All Stars Battle Royale » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 22, 12 at 5:33pmShadowGuard

https://twitter.com/#!/geoffkeighley/status/193711195717505025

As the tv guide listings say, yes, next Thurs on GTTV we are unveiling a huge new PS3 exclusive with first game footage. More soon!
Everyone seems to think it will Codename: Title Fight which has been deemed All-Stars Battle Royale or All-Stars

This article talks all about it, possible rosters, etc.

MAIN ROSTER:
Kratos
Nathan Drake
Sly Cooper
Sweet Tooth
Colonel Mael Radec

UNLOCKABLE OR DLC:
Parappa The Rapper

RON’S LIST (not including above):

Clank (Ratchet & Clank)
Cole McGrath (inFamous)
Daxter (Jak & Daxter)
Jak (Jak & Daxter)
Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
Nathan Hale (Resistance)
Ratchet (Ratchet & Clank)
Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)
Sir Dan (Medieval)
Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII)

- Cole, Ratchet, Jak, Sackboy, Nathan Hale, and Nariko are all main roster material. Each one is the head of a successful franchise, whether it has multiple games or just one. An argument can be made about Nariko as an unlockable, but Heavenly Sword is a fantastic game and one of the most highly underrated titles on the PS3. If you’ve played it, you know why she belongs here.

- Ron had separated Jak from Daxter and Ratchet from Clank, but here I feel like it’s a waste of two slots. Even though both of them had their own games, Daxter and Clank are better suited working with their more able partners in a game like this. I would think that each of them would figure into their respective partner’s special move arsenal. As such, I’m going to combine both pairs into one slot and stick them on the main roster.

- Sir Dan is a perfect unlockable, as Sony would be making many fans happy by reaching into their back catalog. He’s a knight for cripes sake, he belongs for sure.

- As this is a Sony game, third parties characters are big unknowns, so I’m staying away from them for this list. Even if third parties were included, I feel like Square would produce a different Final Fantasy character than Tifa, despite her bare knuckle style, so she’s out.
More to it if you want to read more about it... Are you excited for this All-Star game of Sony characters? Or do you possibly think this announcement is about something else entirely?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 29, 12 at 7:47pm
nnnddd101010

Latest two trailers.

May 06, 12 at 5:37pm
Bale Fire

quote 4 Aces
I'm still not sure about this thing tbh. There arn't really any sony characters I like. Maybe if it had characters from multiplatform titles as well, but thwt'd mean it would.most likely have to go multiplatform.
Third Party characters have already been confirmed, so it's very likely we will see at least some multiplatform characters. Not sure why that means the game has to go multiplatform as well.

May 06, 12 at 5:09pm
Shave ya Head

quote Mnmfan
Am I the only one that thinks the trailer looks like Rag Doll Kung Fu with a mixture of LBP? The gameplay looks identical to Rag Doll Kung Fu.

Isn't that the game that was considered so bad that they putt it up for free on the PS Store for a while?

I'm still not sure about this thing tbh. There arn't really any sony characters I like. Maybe if it had characters from multiplatform titles as well, but thwt'd mean it would.most likely have to go multiplatform.

May 05, 12 at 8:50pm
Gamesta100

Enough with the arguing. Chalk it up to misunderstanding and move on.

May 04, 12 at 8:42pm
Horse

quote ShadowGuard
quote Mnmfan
Am I the only one that thinks the trailer looks like Rag Doll Kung Fu with a mixture of LBP? The gameplay looks identical to Rag Doll Kung Fu.

Does anyone know if it's gonna be a PSN game or a disc game? Don't wanna bring more negativity in here as I'd had to upset the OP again but if this is a disc game then I really can't see it selling well at all. If it's a PSN game then it might have a chance.
Seriously, are the mods going to let this immaturity slide again? mnmfan, your comprehensive skills have taken a turn for the worst. If you actually read the thread, I admitted that I wasnt sold on it for the exact reasons Red 9 and Existence were discussing... btw: I like how you ignored my reply, yet continue to attack me...
Cry us all a *bleep*ing river mate.

It's been said before, but how is a SSB clone such a bad thing? Personally I enjoyed those games a great deal...but a fat princess and a 2D rapper? Could have done a bit better with the character choice...

May 04, 12 at 8:15pm
ShadowGuard

Last week, IGN had the pleasure of attending the reveal event for the long-rumored Sony-centric brawler PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (once known as Title Fight). We loved what we saw and spent a good amount of time playing the game for ourselves.

One of the most common questions from readers after the game's reveal was whether the developer, SuperBot Entertainment, had any intention on bringing their game to Sony's struggling handheld, the PlayStation Vita. In an interview with Digital Trends, the game's director, Omar Kendall, spoke to the possibility of there being a Vita version of the game with exceptional brevity.

"Any chance that we might see [All-Stars] on Vita?" Digital Trends asked. "Maybe... Stay tuned," answered Kendall.

His outright refusal to say "no" is interesting, and it's easy to read into the situation. Then again, perhaps Sony and SuperBot are currently weighing their options and don't have a definitive answer yet. Either way, a crossplay version of All-Stars on both PS3 and Vita would be huge for the PlayStation community.

Do you want to see PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale on Vita? Or are you okay with it just being on PS3? Let us know in the comments below.
Source

The problem I see with a Vita version is having 4 players all on the same screen. That screen is pretty small to have the whole map in view. Your character would look like an ant at times during the game on your Vita. Not sure how they would tackle that issue if they decide on a Vita version. Your opinion on a Vita version?

Apr 29, 12 at 11:22pm
Nightmare Samurai

You've got guys like Kratos, known for ripping enemies apart and bathing in their blood, and guys like Ratchet who, while part of good games, have never spilt a drop of blood.
They're going to have to sacrifice something here, and it's not going to bode well with some fans.

Apr 29, 12 at 10:01pm
Mnmfan

Seriously Shadow, chill. Develop a sense of humor, you take things way too serious. It was'nt an attack, it was a playful remark.

Oh and I meant to say 'I'd hate to upset the OP again' Guess the predictive text on the PS3 made into 'I'd had to upset'.

Oh and..

If you actually read the thread, I admitted that I wasnt sold on it for the exact reasons Red 9 and Existence were discussing...

Well if you read my post you'd see I never mentioned you or your opinion on the game.

Apr 29, 12 at 7:13pm
ShadowGuard

quote Mnmfan

Does anyone know if it's gonna be a PSN game or a disc game? Don't wanna bring more negativity in here as I'd had to upset the OP again but if this is a disc game then I really can't see it selling well at all. If it's a PSN game then it might have a chance.
Seriously, are the mods going to let this immaturity slide again? mnmfan, your comprehensive skills have taken a turn for the worst. If you actually read the thread, I admitted that I wasnt sold on it for the exact reasons Red 9 and Existence were discussing... btw: I like how you ignored my reply, yet continue to attack me...

Apr 29, 12 at 2:34pm
Mnmfan