Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pokémon White Version » pokemon white- elite four challenge (#2) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Apr 21, 12 at 5:57pmpokemontrainersky

I'm playing pokemon white for the second time and i need help with the second elite four battle!!
I have:

Samurott- lvl 79/ moves- hydro pump, water pledge, megahorn, hydro cannon

Octillery- lvl 78/ moves- flamethrower, waterfall, dive, surf

Zekrom- lvl 70/ moves- thunder fang, draco meteor, fusion bolt, dragon claw

Braviary- lvl 73/ moves- cut, sky drop, aerial ace, whirlwind

Archeops- lvl 69/ moves- pluck, fly, focus blast, shadow claw

Rapidash- lvl 60/ moves- fury attack, fire blast, bounce, flare blitz

(i noticed the levels just got lower and lower and lower....)
I also have Kyurem in the pc. I'm open to changing their moves. I just need help!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 22, 12 at 4:40pm
Phi

You're not a terrible trainer, you just need a bit of improvement.

By right you should just ditch one of your Water Pokemon and one of your Flying Pokemon instead of just teaching them different moves. A Pokemon with Thunder could wipe out 2/3's of your team in a flash.

You need to look at the types your Pokemon are weak against and add a counter to your team. If you keep a Flying and Water type, you're still rather weak to Electric so add a Ground type Pokemon.

Also make sure that each of your Pokemon only have one of each typed attack.

It's not that hard. ^^

Apr 22, 12 at 12:37pm
pokemontrainersky

I'm a horrible pokemon trainer!!!!!!!

i began to change most of their moves, and octillery isnt a HM slave anymore, so I hope that helped. And I'm beginning to make Samurott remember old moves.
I've evened out their levels and stuff, so I REALLY hope thats enough. :/

This message was merged with other messages by Phi (moderator)

Apr 22, 12 at 1:28am
Dark Arcanine

You have two Water Pokemon and two Flying Pokemon. Right there that screams lack of type balance and coverage to me.

You've also got a severe lack of move diversity; you have three Water moves on Samurott, three Water moves on Octillery (who also seems to be a HM slave), Braviary has three Flying moves (admittedly one is not direct damage) and Cut, you don't have Acrobatics on your Archeops or a Rock type move to take advantage of STAB, and Rapidash has two Fire type moves that are more or less the same thing bar the physical/special split and so should just keep the physical one due to higher Attack stat (it does do some recoil but added damage and accuracy is more than worth it).

If you get Rapidash a lot higher in level, you could potentially take out half his team with it give or take in terms of super effective moves. And with changing some things around you could make a huge difference. Take for example Archeops and have a decent physical Rock move. You take advantage of the high Attack stat, get STAB and it does 4x damage to Volcarona!

At the end of the day it comes down to lack of type and move coverage. Though I would also suggest you balance your levels out. At the very least have everyone on level 70.

Apr 21, 12 at 6:18pm
pokemontrainersky

Kyurem is on lvl 77, just to add.

Apr 21, 12 at 6:17pm
pokemontrainersky

well...
i'm fine up until i get to Alder. his accelgor always kills mine. I've given archeops the exp. share, and that helps a little. I swear, playing the game when i first had emboar was so easier. Do you have any suggestions to my team? Anything i should change, or get rid of?

Apr 21, 12 at 6:04pm
Phi

What do you need help with and why do you need help? x3 If you can't beat anything with two (possibly three) legends on your team then you're really doing something wrong. o-o Just even out those levels a bit more.

Apr 21, 12 at 5:57pm
pokemontrainersky

I'm playing pokemon white for the second time and i need help with the second elite four battle!!
I have:

Samurott- lvl 79/ moves- hydro pump, water pledge, megahorn, hydro cannon

Octillery- lvl 78/ moves- flamethrower, waterfall, dive, surf

Zekrom- lvl 70/ moves- thunder fang, draco meteor, fusion bolt, dragon claw

Braviary- lvl 73/ moves- cut, sky drop, aerial ace, whirlwind

Archeops- lvl 69/ moves- pluck, fly, focus blast, shadow claw

Rapidash- lvl 60/ moves- fury attack, fire blast, bounce, flare blitz

(i noticed the levels just got lower and lower and lower....)
I also have Kyurem in the pc. I'm open to changing their moves. I just need help!