Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Diablo III » Open BETA This Weekend!! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 20, 12 at 12:16amOrgazmo

Blizzard is giving everyone an invite to the beta from Friday (today) until Monday! Better start ASAP!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4963739/Diablo%C2%AE_III_Open_Beta_Weekend-4_19_2012#blog

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 30, 12 at 1:45am
BlackLabel

quote Shiris
Quick question: how much of a difference will there be (comparing the open beta and release) after blizzard optimizes it? My friend has a low end computer so he had to go change it to the lowest resolution; he was wondering if it would be better on release.
No difference. This was merely a server stress test. The actual game is all but complete at this stage.

Apr 29, 12 at 7:55pm
Shiris

Quick question: how much of a difference will there be (comparing the open beta and release) after blizzard optimizes it? My friend has a low end computer so he had to go change it to the lowest resolution; he was wondering if it would be better on release.

Apr 23, 12 at 3:39pm
Redemption

I played the BETA this weekend with Entity, and was quite impressed with the game (I've never played any previous BETAs). Compared to Diablo I and II I thought the improvements are quite nice, and graphics are right on par with what I wanted to see .

quote LloydToS
I have torchlight and it lacked some things, it just got boring to me and scaling became bad late-game where I was spamming pots on one char to survive while the other had no problem, simply because of RNG gear. I think D3 will tide me over because of the traps and profile-shared money equipment and skills.
I thought Torchlight was a very credible attempt. It didn't have enough of the hype so I struggled with replaying it though. I think D3's multiplayer and the backing of Blizzard will keep me interested in it longer

PS. Barbarians FTW!

Apr 23, 12 at 11:55am
LloydToS

quote HunterKiller666
I liked all the changes that I saw from the beta. Now you can walk over gold to pick them up instead of clicking on each individual pile, awesome! More exploration and interactions inside town is great too. Thank god there's no more identifying magic items because I got tired of constantly filling up my identifying tomb just to avoid talking to Cain. And the fact that Barbarian uses rage instead of mana to cast spells makes each class even more unique. All in all I can see this game being even more addictive than D2.
Just a little something, but there are still unidentified items though I only got them from the skeleton king in the beta. The difference is that you simply right click the item and it'll channel it into it's real item.

Apr 23, 12 at 8:52am
HunterKiller666

I liked all the changes that I saw from the beta. Now you can walk over gold to pick them up instead of clicking on each individual pile, awesome! More exploration and interactions inside town is great too. Thank god there's no more identifying magic items because I got tired of constantly filling up my identifying tomb just to avoid talking to Cain. And the fact that Barbarian uses rage instead of mana to cast spells makes each class even more unique. All in all I can see this game being even more addictive than D2.

Apr 23, 12 at 6:40am
LloydToS

I have only ever played D2 at my cousins many years ago so I never got far into the game, I can hardly compare the 2 as I simply don't remember much from D2. But D3 on it's own, I will probably enjoy it. I have torchlight and it lacked some things, it just got boring to me and scaling became bad late-game where I was spamming pots on one char to survive while the other had no problem, simply because of RNG gear. I think D3 will tide me over because of the traps and profile-shared money equipment and skills, I also had some fun playing in multiplayer with my brother. I will likely just hold off with buying it for a few weeks and check out how the game plays out later in the game, mostly content wise.

Apr 21, 12 at 6:29pm
BlackLabel

Not sure what I think of it to be honest. The game seems somewhat average, I could get this exact same experience from Torchlight 2 in a few months without having to go through DRM. I'm just not all that impressed, I don't even like the graphics I had the game maxed out and it just looked really dated.. I wanted to like Diablo 3 as Diablo 2 is one of the best games of all time, but this just doesn't do it for me.

Apr 21, 12 at 5:14am
deeplove

Yeah. At the moment I'm unable to play it since I'm about to be going to work in a few. Sucks. I hope it doesn't do this when it comes out.

Apr 21, 12 at 5:09am
LloydToS

I'm constantly getting an error 37 saying the servers are busy, guess I don't have a chance of logging in for now.

Apr 21, 12 at 3:24am
Shiris

Yeah just spent about 3 hours on it with a friend, game seems cool. I liked how it's not about carrying million of pots, town portals and ID scrolls anymore. Fixed a lot of the stuff I hated from the older games.

Not going to play anymore though, don't want to burn myself out before the real game haha