Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Battlefield 3 » Tell your War Stories » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 19, 12 at 11:07amMaster

There's no thread to brag or to share unusual events?

This one isn't the most exciting of stories, but it should get the ball rolling: Last night, I was in a game with a few friends and they ended up on the opposite team. When a new round started, I switched teams, joined their squad, and then spawned on one of my friends - but as soon as I spawned, an enemy ran by, so I killed him. It was my friend.

I guess I got team-switched as soon as I spawned, and I was in the RU cap as a US, and proceeded to take down everybody unawares.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 13, 14 at 6:12pm
crimsonkrusader

I was playing as RU on the team, It was conquest large and Grand Bazaar was the map, famous for it's alleyway shootout. So we were losing 50 tickets against the enemy and I spawned at the RU deployment, went to the market and tried to take down the flag. most of the time I failed but there were success in between, constant enemies coming from the alleyway keep circling behind and killing me off but they leave the market instantly so I keep coming back and getting it to spawn there and keep the battle for the alleyway close. 35mins in the game and the enemy took a tank near the market and blew everyone off fighting at the alleyway entrance. It took me out so I re-spawned at RU Deployment as an engineer to pluck it out of service, I went behind the tank going through the highway flag and shot the tank since it was distracted.. I was using an RPG and hit the tank 3 times from behind (it was moving forward and backward slowly) after I've exhausted my ammo, the tank was still going so I went back a little bit since there was an ammo cache deployed nearby. I reloaded the rpg, went back behind it and shot 2 more... and it didn't explode or disable. Instead I got killed when a Recon coming from highway went through there and shot me. The tank exploded 10 minutes by our own RU tank but it was too late.. we lost the fight but it was a strange one 5 hits on a tank and no explosion? guess there was an engineer nearby...

Aug 13, 13 at 11:20pm
KR_1250

Yesterday I was playing TDM on Nebandan Flats and went 78 for 34 with a DAO-12 shotgun. My mate was also running a Saiga-12 and went 80 for 29.

Probably the most fun game of TDM I have ever played. So many wanks using the AEK-971 and M16A3 rage quit. One guy switched up to a DAO12 to try and counter me and I just ended up killing him more. Got him 15 times for 4. And not only did I headshot a rooftop sniper from a parachute, but I shot an enemy off of his parachute FROM my own parachute. Awesome fun LOL.

I also had a great RUSH game on Nebandan. Grabbed the Abrahms at the last base and shot down 4 choppers. My mate also managed to steal the enemy T-90. Got 49 for 18.

And to this day I still wonder why people use Javelins instead of RPG's when they DONT have a SOFLAM. They are just so easy to counter.

Aug 12, 13 at 4:51am
Sev

quote KR_1250
The bikes have made for some really fun and hilarious gameplay.
The bikes have been so much fun, love just doing tricks, capturing flags, swapping seats is fun-you feel like an action hero from a movie shooting while driving, running people over. Hope they include bikes in BF4.

Aug 12, 13 at 4:37am
KR_1250

quote Sev
One time i was on a motorbike with my friend on the back and we spotted an enemy motorbike with our flag. We then chased them down all around the map dodging obstacles, shooting eachother with bullets and rockets, nothing seemed to hit, we finally did take them down when they were 20m from their flag. It was one of those high speed chases in movies. Although this is nothing much it was very fun.
HAHA Awesome. I have had some awesome fun on the dirtbikes aswell. A tactic my mate and I use is he sits on the back with an RPG and we go tank hunting with me just running over any infantry we see on the way. We'll sneak up behind armor as my mate launches rockets then just circle the tank faster than its turret can rotate whilst he reloads. Awesome fun.

Also i was playing on Kaiser Railroad the other day and jumped a bike over the rampcoming from the US base at checkpoint "A". As i was in mid air i noticed a sniper bellow me, jumped off the bike and headshotted him before i landed on his body with a DAO-12. He must have shit himself.

And another tactic i have used is to switch seats as you are driving for kills. I done this whilst chasing another bike on Nebadan flats. He wasnt aware i was behind him, I pulled a wheelie (which also acts as a boost BTW) to catch up, switched to the rear seat, shotgunned him in the back then switched back to the front seat just in time to get f**ked in the brain with an enemy Javelin LOL.

The bikes have made for some really fun and hilarious gameplay.

Aug 11, 13 at 4:54am
Sev

One time i was on a motorbike with my friend on the back and we spotted an enemy motorbike with our flag. We then chased them down all around the map dodging obstacles, shooting eachother with bullets and rockets, nothing seemed to hit, we finally did take them down when they were 20m from their flag. It was one of those high speed chases in movies. Although this is nothing much it was very fun.

Aug 07, 13 at 12:45am
KR_1250

So lastnight I started a CQ game on Nedandan flats. Wanted to get on some jet action and just have a laugh.

I made a cannon run over the enemies base on full afterburner and BANG! A tank destroyed me with a cannon shot. First time ever.

About 1 minute later after i spawned in the next available jet I was flying over checkpoint C in a tight turn during a dogfight and BANG! A competely different player driving a different tank shot me down with another cannon shot! ARGH!

Man the whole jet piloting thing just went badly. I know when to give up. I switched to using the IFV's and ended up having a great game. Got both the tanks who shot me down using long range TOW missiles.

Awesome shooting from those tanks though... the bastards LOL.

Aug 06, 13 at 12:11am
KR_1250

quote donmonster
I usually carry a SMAW/rpg with me now, since every lobby says no IGLA/Stinger and no Javelins. Javelin I don't care much about as when I'm in a tank I can avoid them pretty well. I'm more concerned about what's after me in the air.
Yeah Javelins are only useful if you have a dedicated SOFLAM man or a tank making good use of a CITV station. They were more useful when the game first came out but there are too many experienced players around these days.

They are also good for taking out soft targets i suppose like Jeeps, buggies and motorbikes. But largely I run with normal AT launchers or a Stinger if a pilot keeps pstering me. I hate using the AA launchers because you have to lose your RPG/SMAW but no way am i letting a chopper just repeatedly kill me for a whole game.

How far ahead do I need to lead a chopper?
Hard question to answer unfortunately. But it is much more than with a tank shot. First of all like you say there is a delay and secondly the RPG/SMAW's projectile actually accelerates and gets faster in the air. As a result its trajectory flattens out the further away it gets.

However I only ever attack choppers which are within 50m-80m of myself. usually only if they directly attack me or my squad. And in that case your lead depends on the angle the chopper is flying in and how fast it is travelling. Unfortunately practice is the only way to do it. However I have a kind of tip for that:

Find a map you like with lots of choppers (Some of the AK and EG maps have two enemy choppers to shoot at). Then find a spot you like. Reach that spot as a support gunner and drop an ammo pack then go on a suicide C4 run. When you get the oppertunity to respawn choose the engineer class then just spam rockets from your chosen spot. You'll get infinite rockets from your own support ammo pack. It'll stay there unless destroyed by enemy fire.

A good choice for a spot is one of the upper floors of the skyscraper in "Death Valley". First of all theer are two enemy choppers, second of all you'll often be shooting down at choppers which helps negate the rockets drop lettign you focus on lead. And lastly if a chopper tries to attack you back you can move between rooms to avoid incoming fire and the walls between are indestructable. Rememeber to leave your ammo pack centralised within the core of the building. If you leave it on a ledge it can be easily destroyed.

Aug 05, 13 at 2:53pm
donmonster

I usually carry a SMAW/rpg with me now, since every lobby says no IGLA/Stinger and no Javelins. Javelin I don't care much about as when I'm in a tank I can avoid them pretty well. I'm more concerned about what's after me in the air.

I've only hit 1 chopper with the rpg, got a triple kill which was awesome. I just can't seem to get a lead on them. Then when I fire there's a delay before the rocket comes out which just screws my shot completely. Then they usually just circle around and by the time I've reloaded I'm dead. How far ahead do I need to lead a chopper? I usually go for them from the side or when they're coming at me head on. The closer the better as long as I don't get spotted.

Aug 05, 13 at 7:28am
KR_1250

quote donmonster
I've pretty much been trying to master taking down choppers with the main cannon on tanks. It's hilarious and people get so pissed off at you for doing it. I hit one on Caspian CQ I was attacking A ( I believe) while the guy in the chopper was retreating back over the mountain to his spawn. Immediately got kicked from the game. That's the longest tank shot I've ever landed, had to be near 300m.

I usually just get them when they're raining down on me with rockets trying to destroy my tank.
Yeah one of my mates and I have been perfecting this lately. We are now at the stage where ANY chopper is going down within a minute or so if we both have a tank. Its great fun.

I have had a few shots out to about 300m+ But the other day my mate hit one over the mountain on Firestormk whilst he was in B base. A phenomenal shot. He also hit a jet on full afterburner at about 300m distance in the same game aswell. Probably the best tank shot i have ever witnessed. Kinda jelous LOL.

I have been practicing with RPG's/SMAW's aswell. Im nowhere near as good as with a tank but im getting there. Shot down 3 or 4 at the weekend.

And like you i have felt the wrath of crybaby admins. I have been kicked twice and banned once for shooting down choppers. Butthurt little bastards.

Aug 04, 13 at 7:59am
Tyranitar1

Longest one i saw was my friend shooting one down from C on Canals to their base.