Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Mass Effect 3 » Synthesis Ending Is The Best One BUT!!! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 16, 12 at 12:43pmyuvaldorfman

First of all I would like to say that I do not share the outrage many people have regarding the Mass Effect 3 Endings..Yes all the ending are graphically almost 100% the same, but the meaning behind the 3 main choices are massively different. The repercussions to your choice is massive in the long run.

I also don't have a problem with the fact that all the different races fleets are stranded in the sol sector after the explosion of the Mass relays,because this leaves a place for huge plots to evolve for future games in the mess effect universe.
many stars and planets in the sol System and the surrounding systems for the races to inhabit using the fleet ships FTL drives,and different technologies, at least until the combined brain power of all races and the research of downed reapers and mass relay remains,provide a blue print for the construction of a new mass relay,not to mention the protheans archives on mars.

The bid with the Normandy fleeing the fight is a little harder to swallow but i can take it.
I explain it this way: after the beam hit shepherd and he was transported to the citadel,the beam on earth side was once again blocked with reaper ground forces or even a ripper.
The crew back on earth, jumped in the shuttle and rejoined Normandy.
The Normandy than planed a course to the citadel to catch up with shepherd in order to help him or rescue him.
On the way there the citadel started exploding and the only way to escape the explosion (because of the Normandy's proximity to the citadel, I remind you it was on the way to the citadel) was to go FTL the f*&^ out of dodge!!!

So all the complaints of people about the endings i can bare and even explain (even if it's only to myself).

But one thing I don't get,and it's a big one,maybe even the biggest question in the trilogy: What does making all Dna in the galaxy a hybrid of organic and synthetic (synthesis) achieve??????? can't the organic\synthetics (Orgtics in short) create their own Ai slaves that will rebel against them????thus continuing the cycle of violence??????I don't get it....what Would change?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 12, 14 at 4:18pm
Fortuna

quote Shane23yrsold
It makes no sense... AT ALL.

#1 Reapers were more then capable of building their own catylist and tossing some random human, achieving the synthesis ending without anyone knowing what happened.

#2 Why did the "boss reaper" even reveal himself to shepard, why not just kill him? Makes no sense, let alone the fact that the "boss reaper" let shepard decide his fate. What AI does not care if they live or die? No way dude, AI wants to self preserve, no way would they let shepard, let alone inform him how to kill them.

#3 Why did the catlyst machine help the reaper boss? I thought it was a weapon built by a dying civilization to destroy the reapers.

BETER ENDING.

The catylist destroys the reapers, PERIOD without some stupid convo with "God" that has plot holes. Shepard lives and the ending plays out based on the choices you make throughout the game. Quarians fate, Geths fate, romances, companions that survived, ect. <<<<<<<<<<<<< THAT IS A GOOD ENDING. The way biofail did it, nothing you did in the game actually matters. It just comes down to 3 poorly written choices. Everything in the game is invalidated. Mass relays are gone and everyone is back to the stone age.
I don't get it, at 1) you're saying the Reapers could've built they're "own" Catalyst ??? at 2) you're saying "boss reaper" and you're obviously talking about the Catalyst, and at 3) you're saying the Catalyst helped the "boss reaper" ???

The Catalyst was no weapon built by any dying civilization like you stated. The Catalyst was an AI, commonly known as "the Intelligence" created by the Leviathans (if you played the Leviathan DLC) for the sole purpose of resolving the conflict between organics and synthetics.

The reason the Catalyst "lets" Shepard decides its fate and the fate of the "solution" the Catalyst had for the conflict between organics and synthetics so far (the Reapers) is because no one ever reached this far as Shepard did. I think even for an AI what Shepard achieved should mean something.

And no, the synthesis ending doesn't "invalidates" anything in the Mass Effect univers nor does return everyone back to the Stone Age because of the destruction of the Mass Relays and the Citadel. The Reapers are helping the survivors to rebuild everything based on their own technology and based on the knowledge that is stored within them from the previous races they harvested in the past.

ALL endings make complete sense, however that doesn't mean all endings are not crap... The Epilogue should've been a whole lot longer and should've at least shown a few words from every character still alive, not just some random pictures...

Jan 15, 14 at 12:30pm
Shane23yrsold

It makes no sense... AT ALL.

#1 Reapers were more then capable of building their own catylist and tossing some random human, achieving the synthesis ending without anyone knowing what happened.

#2 Why did the "boss reaper" even reveal himself to shepard, why not just kill him? Makes no sense, let alone the fact that the "boss reaper" let shepard decide his fate. What AI does not care if they live or die? No way dude, AI wants to self preserve, no way would they let shepard, let alone inform him how to kill them.

#3 Why did the catlyst machine help the reaper boss? I thought it was a weapon built by a dying civilization to destroy the reapers.

BETER ENDING.

The catylist destroys the reapers, PERIOD without some stupid convo with "God" that has plot holes. Shepard lives and the ending plays out based on the choices you make throughout the game. Quarians fate, Geths fate, romances, companions that survived, ect. <<<<<<<<<<<<< THAT IS A GOOD ENDING. The way biofail did it, nothing you did in the game actually matters. It just comes down to 3 poorly written choices. Everything in the game is invalidated. Mass relays are gone and everyone is back to the stone age.

Oct 25, 13 at 9:06pm
neil

Dedvalve, have you even played the synthesis ending? He states that this the last evolution for both humans and synthetic. Both will never fight again and war will just be a silly thing of the past

Oct 25, 13 at 9:01pm
neil

Guys what is your problem against the reapers? They are like the forunners from halo, they are only trying to sustain organic and sythetic life. Without them shepard wouldn't even exist and there would be no more organic life

Oct 25, 13 at 8:56pm
neil

Synthesis I think is the best and to answer your question the cycle is broken because the cells in organics causes them to not act hostile torwards the synthetics due to their likleness to the humans. Synthetics therefore finally recieve the freedom they deserved all along. I thought the point was rather straight forward and conceded already.

Jul 03, 13 at 6:03pm
NoIndoc

quote Legolas777
quote Theman
quote SpartanNinja
Well at least that we SEE anyway but I already argued about this nonsense. Pick whatever choice you want but look at Shep's eyes when you choose each path. In Control and Synthesis his eyes turn Saren/TIM glowy blue meaning he is indoctrinated but in the Destroy his eyes stay as they are. Funny innit? Meaning Destroy is the only "true" path. figuratively speaking of course.
I kinda like the glowy blue eyes. Makes him look powerful, and glowy blue eyes doesn't mean indoctrinated. Could just mean his in control.
Both the Illusive man and Saren were indoctrinated, and both had the blue glowy eyes. And you think the eyes are a sign he is in control? Great logic you have there.

Hey has no one noticed that Shepard has had TIM's eye thing since ME2? It only shows up with renegade scars but it makes sense that they would light up with the control and synthesis options because they're cybernetic in nature and both of those options are synthetically focused.
I always kinda thought that was a really weak argument.

Mar 19, 13 at 6:17pm
Hitman0769

quote Zeustime33
quote Firstshifter
No matter what you do throughout three games you will get the same ending I do, if you pick the same color I do. In ME2 the endings were wildly different even if you picked the same option I did because your squad could be dead... or you could be dead. Mass Effect 3 fails in every way imaginable. Not only are our choices not made to matter but in fact the three choices we are given are so disgusting and absurd based on faulty logic from the star brat that the endings are unforgivably bad.

Synthesis is not the best ending, its the worst. You do the Reapers job for them and allow their survival. DESTROY... red... is the best because since day 1 you have been fighting for that. You killed Saren because you thought he was wrong, you killed TIM because 5 minutes ago you said control couldnt be done. So no, Destroy is the best of the worst. Synthesis you rape everyone in the galaxy on a level never before seen without their consent or knowledge. Thats just criminal and evil... my Shepard would never do that.
I literally laughed out loud for quite some time at the bolded part, haven't had that good of a laugh in a long time. Thank you. My opinion on the endings? They are all awful (and essentially the same) and I don't buy into the indoctrination theory garbage. They completely botched the ending, plain and simple. Hope another company starts a multi-game series similar to this one that actually has a pay-off. I feel like I was just masturbating for over a hundred hours and didn't get the unbelievable earth shattering and life changing orgasm I was expecting/building up for. Instead I get Joker crash landing in the garden of eden with his robot sex toy. Unbelievably depressing.
Lol that reminds me of the way I first interpreted the Synthesis ending.

Mar 17, 13 at 1:50am
Zeustime33

quote Firstshifter
No matter what you do throughout three games you will get the same ending I do, if you pick the same color I do. In ME2 the endings were wildly different even if you picked the same option I did because your squad could be dead... or you could be dead. Mass Effect 3 fails in every way imaginable. Not only are our choices not made to matter but in fact the three choices we are given are so disgusting and absurd based on faulty logic from the star brat that the endings are unforgivably bad.

Synthesis is not the best ending, its the worst. You do the Reapers job for them and allow their survival. DESTROY... red... is the best because since day 1 you have been fighting for that. You killed Saren because you thought he was wrong, you killed TIM because 5 minutes ago you said control couldnt be done. So no, Destroy is the best of the worst. Synthesis you rape everyone in the galaxy on a level never before seen without their consent or knowledge. Thats just criminal and evil... my Shepard would never do that.
I literally laughed out loud for quite some time at the bolded part, haven't had that good of a laugh in a long time. Thank you. My opinion on the endings? They are all awful (and essentially the same) and I don't buy into the indoctrination theory garbage. They completely botched the ending, plain and simple. Hope another company starts a multi-game series similar to this one that actually has a pay-off. I feel like I was just masturbating for over a hundred hours and didn't get the unbelievable earth shattering and life changing orgasm I was expecting/building up for. Instead I get Joker crash landing in the garden of eden with his robot sex toy. Unbelievably depressing.

Mar 09, 13 at 3:53pm
Hitman0769

I don't know but I am pretty sure that there is more to it than it seems. this article sums up my opinion on the ending >_> http://realgamernewz.com/mass-effect-3-extended-cut-synthesis-ending-allegory-for-new-world-order-future/

Dec 29, 12 at 2:32pm
pirate that says hmm

Apparently im the only one that actually likes the synthesis ending. But i think the reason for those eyes is be ause in oder for shepard to control the reapers he prolly has to be reaper like. Thus bio-synthetic. And the same goes for the synthetic option. I personally dont like the other options. Choice a destroya sentient species that has knowledge countless societies and technological advancements, just blow it all to crap in leu of other options. Choice b enslave said sentient species, last i checked slavery was bad and seeing as how my shepards colony was attacked by slavers im gonna say no. Or choice c change all living matter so that mortality may be a thing of the past, we can all live more fuller lives, more peaceful cohabitation. Ultimately making everything better:-). I dont.know about you but im proud to say my shepard choice synthesis. Not destruction or enslavement.