Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Forum Bug Reports » [v1.5.1] Edited Messages Provide Duplicate Notifications » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Apr 14, 12 at 4:25pmAvalith

This has been reported a few times before, but hiigaran and I have discovered how to reproduce this bug in RFS. If a post is edited multiple times with a notification already included, only one notification is sent out if the recipient has not received the notification. However, if the notification has been received, a new notification will be sent out if that post is edited for whatever reason later on. This cycle can continue indefinitely.

Edit: because I felt like notifying hiigaran again.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 17, 12 at 12:49pm
hiigaran

yup

ar_cat

EDIT: test

Avalith! get your sexy butt out here and give us a hand!

Apr 17, 12 at 12:48pm
ar_cat

quote hiigaran
quote ar_cat
Edit: edit again again and again
test

hiigaran should get one notification here, so will Aurora.

Edit: Dragoon would now get a notification

Apr 17, 12 at 11:34am
hiigaran

quote ar_cat
Edit: edit again again and again
test

Apr 17, 12 at 11:31am
ar_cat

Testing with hiigaran to reproduce bug

Edit: edit again

Apr 17, 12 at 11:28am
ar_cat

quote hiigaran
ar_cat, do you have a link to an online IRC client i can use? i cant seem to find one where i can punch in the password

EDIT: never mind
Testing sending notification to hiigaran.

Edit: edit after posted for 15 mins

Apr 17, 12 at 11:19am
hiigaran

ar_cat, do you have a link to an online IRC client i can use? i cant seem to find one where i can punch in the password

EDIT: never mind

Apr 17, 12 at 11:11am
ar_cat

quote Avalith
This is the post in question, ar_cat.
May I get you and hiigaran to contact me in person (via IRC chats) so I can ask more questions?
You may join the following IRC channel when you are free. I'd be waiting there..

Apr 16, 12 at 4:39pm
Avalith

quote ar_cat
quote Avalith
This has been reported a few times before, but hiigaran and I have discovered how to reproduce this bug in RFS. If a post is edited multiple times with a notification already included, only one notification is sent out if the recipient has not received the notification. However, if the notification has been received, a new notification will be sent out if that post is edited for whatever reason later on. This cycle can continue indefinitely.
May I have the URL to the thread/message that you were testing with?

Edit: see if I can reproduce it
Testing

Test edit

Apr 16, 12 at 3:16pm
Avalith

This is the post in question, ar_cat.

Apr 16, 12 at 3:15pm
ar_cat

quote Avalith
May I have the URL to the thread/message that you were testing with?

Edit: see if I can reproduce it - edit again at Apr 17, 6:23p PST