Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Forum Bug Reports » [v1.5.1] Edited Messages Provide Duplicate Notifications » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 14, 12 at 4:25pmAvalith

This has been reported a few times before, but hiigaran and I have discovered how to reproduce this bug in RFS. If a post is edited multiple times with a notification already included, only one notification is sent out if the recipient has not received the notification. However, if the notification has been received, a new notification will be sent out if that post is edited for whatever reason later on. This cycle can continue indefinitely.

Edit: because I felt like notifying hiigaran again.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 17, 12 at 12:49pm
hiigaran

yup

ar_cat

EDIT: test

Avalith! get your sexy butt out here and give us a hand!

Apr 17, 12 at 12:48pm
ar_cat

quote hiigaran
quote ar_cat
Edit: edit again again and again
test

hiigaran should get one notification here, so will Aurora.

Edit: Dragoon would now get a notification

Apr 17, 12 at 11:34am
hiigaran

quote ar_cat
Edit: edit again again and again
test

Apr 17, 12 at 11:31am
ar_cat

Testing with hiigaran to reproduce bug

Edit: edit again

Apr 17, 12 at 11:28am
ar_cat

quote hiigaran
ar_cat, do you have a link to an online IRC client i can use? i cant seem to find one where i can punch in the password

EDIT: never mind
Testing sending notification to hiigaran.

Edit: edit after posted for 15 mins

Apr 17, 12 at 11:19am
hiigaran

ar_cat, do you have a link to an online IRC client i can use? i cant seem to find one where i can punch in the password

EDIT: never mind

Apr 17, 12 at 11:11am
ar_cat

quote Avalith
This is the post in question, ar_cat.
May I get you and hiigaran to contact me in person (via IRC chats) so I can ask more questions?
You may join the following IRC channel when you are free. I'd be waiting there..

Apr 16, 12 at 4:39pm
Avalith

quote ar_cat
quote Avalith
This has been reported a few times before, but hiigaran and I have discovered how to reproduce this bug in RFS. If a post is edited multiple times with a notification already included, only one notification is sent out if the recipient has not received the notification. However, if the notification has been received, a new notification will be sent out if that post is edited for whatever reason later on. This cycle can continue indefinitely.
May I have the URL to the thread/message that you were testing with?

Edit: see if I can reproduce it
Testing

Test edit

Apr 16, 12 at 3:16pm
Avalith

This is the post in question, ar_cat.

Apr 16, 12 at 3:15pm
ar_cat

quote Avalith
May I have the URL to the thread/message that you were testing with?

Edit: see if I can reproduce it - edit again at Apr 17, 6:23p PST