Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Android General Discussion » Phone keeps showing splash screen » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 12, 12 at 3:50pmToby

I've got a HTC Sensation XE and in the past few weeks 90% of the time when in an application and I press the home button it loads a white HTC splash screen and then comes up with loading before it takes me to my home screen - this takes about 10 seconds or so each time but it's really annoying and I'm starting to get fed up of it - some people seem to have tried resetting to factory but that hasn't solved their problems. Not so keen to send it off to HTC and be without my phone so anybody know of any solutions? I recently updated the software to ICS and I'm still getting the same problem.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 16, 12 at 5:42pm
Nagare

Toby, I think the processor in the S is better because its a later architecture (S4) which wasn't around for the XE. All the phones have their merits and the Sensation is "technically" a more premium device I guess because it was the top range device "all the way" back in September.

Apr 16, 12 at 4:30pm
Toby

quote Nagare
You've never seen the Evo series then? (appropriately so though, its a US variant) And the One S is coming in red/black...

Also, in departments other than the screen (which I can't compare), the One S beats the Sensation XE. But the XE has some extra sensors, larger battery, and a SD slot. The One S has a better processor and is thinner though
Damn, I really thought the One S was all black (I've got more red though, haha)

Hey, did you mean the One X? XE and the 1S share the same processor but the 1X has that quad-core...gheeez

At the end of the day, I'm glad to say I love my phone more than any out there at the moment. Would never trade it for a Galaxy S2 and the One X/One S don't seem to offer enough for me to be jealous...plus they're thinner!

quote Nagare
(and I'm pretty sure we're joking around anyways).
hehehe

Apr 13, 12 at 4:23pm
Nagare

Haha, its completely understandable but I just wanted to clear it up

Apr 13, 12 at 4:04pm
Mr Apples

My bad

Apr 13, 12 at 2:35pm
Nagare

MrApples, no one said to upgrade to the One S? I was just saying it is slightly better after Toby said there was no better phone (and I'm pretty sure we're joking around anyways).

Apr 13, 12 at 2:13pm
Mr Apples

Upgrading from the Sensation to the One S would be pointless, there isn't enough of a difference to warranty the extra money.

The One X would be a good upgrade but even that probably isn't worth the extra money if you already have a Sensation.

Trying to stay on top of the latest phone technology is impossible unless you have a ton of money lying around.

The S3 could be a different story though.

Apr 13, 12 at 8:24am
Nagare

You've never seen the Evo series then? (appropriately so though, its a US variant) And the One S is coming in red/black...

Also, in departments other than the screen (which I can't compare), the One S beats the Sensation XE. But the XE has some extra sensors, larger battery, and a SD slot. The One S has a better processor and is thinner though

Apr 13, 12 at 2:00am
Toby

quote Nagare
I wish the screen on the One S was the same quality as the X and the processor was beefed up, then it'd be perfect.
Tehe

That's what I'm holding out as my phone being better, ha!

I don't think ill ever believe that any other android phone will be better than a HTC model so I'll always feel like I'm winning, lol

the one x does look sexy but I'm sure I've got the only red and black HTC

Apr 12, 12 at 11:44pm
tommex

quote Toby
Actually not possible
OH YOU!

I remember being at the Sensation announcement event... a year ago.

But yeah, send it to HTC, they should be able to fix it up quicksmart.

Apr 12, 12 at 7:57pm
Nagare

You must not have seen the Galaxy Nexus or the One X of the One S...I'd pick those over the Sensation at least I wish the screen on the One S was the same quality as the X and the processor was beefed up, then it'd be perfect.