Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » The Legend of Dragoon » Legend of Dragoon 2 was cancelled » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 12, 12 at 9:45amLOD-squa

At the same time Legend of Dragoon was announced to be coming to the PSN on May 1st, president of Sony CE Shu Yoshida, also mentioned that Legend of Dragoon 2 had gone into pre-production but was cancelled shortly after. For some unknown reason Sony scrapped the project and decided to stop production on the game and send their team members to other projects.

This is really sad news for the Legend of Dragoon community as this has been a highly anticipated sequel. I was pretty upset when I read the article but then it got me thinking. If the game sells enough in the PSN and a fanbase gets together it might be possible that Sony could pick up the project again or possibly do a remake.

What is everyones thoughts in this?

I still occasionally hear from fans of The Legend of Dragoon, and many want to know if there is a sequel. LOD2 was put into preproduction after I left the Japan Studio, but was eventually cancelled for some unknown reason, and the team members moved on to different projects. Some people still work in the Japan Studio, so we talk about the memories of developing LOD when we see each other at company functions.
source

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 31, 14 at 10:09am
Nesnah

This is most definitely one of my most favorite games of all time! Sony really needs to make some sort of sequel, prequel or remake of this game! The game has a very devoted fanbase that would consider any game related to this series as a day one buy. Thats why I joined this petion and facebook group that has just recently started to try and push for something to happen! Here's the link if you want to check it out!

[link name=]https://www.facebook.com/PetitionForTheLegendOfDragoon2[/link]

Jun 15, 14 at 2:15am
coldestk1ll3r

I've been wanting to see a sequel or even a remake since I beat the first one in '01 but this is the first I've seen the site but I've had the lod off the psn since it was released and still own a copy and ps1 just to enjoy the amazing storyline

Mar 28, 14 at 8:09am
SeaOfStars

I'd fully support a second one. Oh the nostalgia it would bring about. Between a LoD2 and the fabled Chrono Break I'd be in heaven. But sadly games don't come in the quality that they used to, so it's possible they wouldn't have that 'epic' feel to them.

Mar 24, 14 at 2:36pm
Mee chan

This was one of the awesome games that was ever made besides Final Fantasy 7 so please make another one I am a true buyer of fun games thank you very much

Mar 07, 14 at 9:14pm
QueenRedsky

I totally love LoD im all for a second one, I also totally agree with wanting to know more about Rose.gimmi more, keep em comin,gimmi, gimmi.:-D

Nov 25, 13 at 8:16pm
Guest Will

LOD is such a great game that I don't think a sequel would be good for it. It would never bring it justice, and may add portions to the story - whether as a prequel or sequel - that may change, diminish, or undermine the greatness of the original. Sequels have the capacity of ruining the memories we have of LOD - there is no way a game made now would live up to the expectations of us fans. I say, let it rest in peace.

Aug 07, 13 at 9:11am
TCB91

The first game had an awesome ending. A sequel would make no sense. However a remake or prequel would be sick. With todays graphics adding a few more bosses and keeping the original fighting style. I see big things coming out of this.

Jul 03, 13 at 1:39pm
mocha_08

quote LOD-squa
At the same time Legend of Dragoon was announced to be coming to the PSN on May 1st, president of Sony CE Shu Yoshida, also mentioned that Legend of Dragoon 2 had gone into pre-production but was cancelled shortly after. For some unknown reason Sony scrapped the project and decided to stop production on the game and send their team members to other projects.

This is really sad news for the Legend of Dragoon community as this has been a highly anticipated sequel. I was pretty upset when I read the article but then it got me thinking. If the game sells enough in the PSN and a fanbase gets together it might be possible that Sony could pick up the project again or possibly do a remake.

I still occasionally hear from fans of The Legend of Dragoon, and many want to know if there is a sequel. LOD2 was put into preproduction after I left the Japan Studio, but was eventually cancelled for some unknown reason, and the team members moved on to different projects. Some people still work in the Japan Studio, so we talk about the memories of developing LOD when we see each other at company functions.
source
quote LOD-squa

source

Jul 02, 13 at 6:28pm
KMart0002

Hey guys, I'm here to help spread this petition around: https://www.change.org/petitions/sony-release-dart-as-playstation-all-stars-dlc
It involves getting Dart as a DLC character in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. As you can see, his model was already made and he was primed for release but for some reason he, along with Abe from Oddworld, were scrapped from being released. It really irks me that they would release Zeus and Isaac (two characters barely anyone asked for), but not release two critically acclaimed Playstation characters. Please sign and pass this around, we want to be heard and maybe in the end we can see interest rise again for Dart and Legend of Dragoon. Thank you for your time.

Jun 29, 13 at 6:16pm
jamie webb

This is a super awsome game and we love Legend of dragoon so can yall please just pick up the project and continue the story...... and one more thing put it on ps3 please for the public for the gamers for the fans.