Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Xenoblade Chronicles » Would this have been more popular on another console? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 10, 12 at 8:51pmVicarious

Well the title really says it all. I think if this was released on the PS3 or Xbox360 it probably would have made a lot more sales. I by chance had a wii and if I didn't I wouldn't have bought one just to play this even though it is amazing. Just can't spend that much money. I don't know of many actual hardcore gamers that own a wii. It is mostly families or people that play casual games. Which is pretty much what the Wii was for.

What do you think?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 12, 12 at 6:21am
kokushishin

quote The Pursuit
Being ported over from the Wii to the PS3 would cost a bit of money but I think they would have made it back by the amount of more sales they could have made.
You seem to be ignoring that Monolith Soft is a Nintendo owned company and has been for several years. You may as well wait for it to be bundled with Pokemon and God of War for the 360.

*If* the information coming out is accurate, it's actually doing quite well for being a limited release. Actually it's about the best they've done since the first Xenosaga.

Apr 18, 12 at 8:42pm
evilchamp

quote The Pursuit
Well the title really says it all. I think if this was released on the PS3 or Xbox360 it probably would have made a lot more sales. I by chance had a wii and if I didn't I wouldn't have bought one just to play this even though it is amazing. Just can't spend that much money. I don't know of many actual hardcore gamers that own a wii. It is mostly families or people that play casual games. Which is pretty much what the Wii was for.

What do you think?

I may be an exception, but I purchased a Wii, a CCPlus, just for this game. And I had never even played it. All I saw was the hype on getting it over here. (Bought my Wii on Craigslist for $80, w/ two controllers, component cables, deals are out there)

As for graphics, I'm very pleased. I don't think the JRPG/SRPG crowd ever demand much in graphics, I think this gaming segment prefers gameplay, story over graphics ANY day.

I also purchased this game because I know it will be a collectible. I collect a lot of retro games, and this has the makeup of being very valuable in the future: It is a cult RPG, that had a limited release toward the end of a system's life cycle, kinda like Suikoden 2.

The reasons above are the same for me when I decided to get the Last Story. Either way, I like that fact I'm playing something the masses aren't. Whatever way you slice it, this game was a hit - from the praise it got to the media attention regarding a US release.

Just my two bits. =)

Edit* Grammar

Apr 17, 12 at 10:33pm
Vicarious

quote Dark Arcanine
Well I don't own it yet - despite wanting it - because it's too expensive. It's a general issue in Australia for gamers. And in that scenario, I don't think changing platforms would achieve much - if anything.

So in other words, I think like with any game's popularity you just have to accept there are a lot of factors behind it. You can guess from trends and whatnot how applicable the thread question is but I think it only makes a small part of the whole.

You need to get the game ad join in the fun DA.

Go rob a bank.

Apr 17, 12 at 10:31pm
Dark Arcanine

Well I don't own it yet - despite wanting it - because it's too expensive. It's a general issue in Australia for gamers. And in that scenario, I don't think changing platforms would achieve much - if anything.

So in other words, I think like with any game's popularity you just have to accept there are a lot of factors behind it. You can guess from trends and whatnot how applicable the thread question is but I think it only makes a small part of the whole.

Apr 17, 12 at 9:13pm
Abyss Raider

The Pursuit I'm agreeing that you're correct on this, I see nothing wrong with the A.I. in this game, so either like you said, easiest thing to criticize, or they just didn't understand the concept of this game and are blaming their losses on their teammates.

Apr 17, 12 at 6:36pm
Vicarious

The A.I handles my teammates perfectly and we are playing the same game so it may just be them looking for something to criticize. Maybe I am wrong though.

Apr 17, 12 at 6:24pm
Abyss Raider

Mix'd review, Xenoblade Chronicles, Skullgirls, Diabolical Pitch A video I watched on Mix'd reviews the other day that aids in the conversation that the majority worries about graphics WAY too much... The fact that this game does not have HD graphics should not have hampered the final judgements on this game, what it lacks in "shine and polish" it more than makes up for in design, environment, and beauty. Also, 6.5? Seriously? Because the A.I. didn't handle your teammates well?... Ok, I know that reviews are totally based off of opinion, but come on, are we even playing the same game here?
Yes I know IGN is definitely not one of the places to base your video game decisions off of...

Edit: Sorry posted a broken link, actual video's linked now.

Apr 11, 12 at 9:24pm
Vicarious

I prefer it the way it was definitely. It reminds me of back in the day when I used to play on my PS2.

Apr 11, 12 at 9:14pm
Hell Fire

On that note, I'm glad it has the graphics that it does as well as the English voice actors. It may not be the mainstream standard but it gives the game a load of character and made it very memorable for me.

Apr 11, 12 at 8:18pm
Abyss Raider

What The Pursuit is saying about graphics is true, and that's one of the problems with things, people are too worried about how real games look nowadays. Xenoblade has nowhere near the best graphics ever, but it is one of the prettiest games I've ever seen, and because there's not a huge focus on making it look up to par with, say, Final Fantasy, there's a bigger focus on story and gameplay. With this factor, it being on the Wii, a lot of people are going to pass it up because the graphics aren't impressive, little do they know it's more beautiful than most hi-def games are today. Putting it on another system may have given it a better chance to impress a wider audience, but many people are going to miss out on this gem because its system is "less superior" in the department that most modern gamers think is one of the most important aspects of games.