Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Tales of Graces f » Kurt. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Apple Gel Colette Genis Kratos Lemon Gel Life Bottle Lloyd Melange Gel Milla Miracle Gel Orange Gel Pineapple Gel Presea Raine Sheena Zelos

hideOriginal Post

Apr 05, 12 at 5:50pmArietta

The FAQ I'm reading says Kurt is a really hard boss battle (didn't get there yet). How much should I grind? All my characters are in levels 58 - 59, so I want to make sure I can take him down without having too much trouble.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 08, 14 at 7:37pm
Hell Fire

He was an absolute bitch for me! I'm only on Moderate too. I had to grind for about two hours before I stood a chance. Definitely the hardest boss so far (just entered the cocoon). Everything else since him has been a breeze though.

Jun 29, 12 at 5:18pm
Zerkier

i fought him so far on moderate and hard and have to say he is one of the tougher bosses bc he will drop u if u dont dodge. this goes double for anyone doing any higher difficulties.also his eleth break will probably 1 hit whoever it hits after moderate. the tricks to his attacks are not dodgeing left or right on a wide sweep and not dodging backward when he stabs. also i find it helpful to eliminate the adds on this or any boss that spawns adds.he will have his focus on someone if it is u play it safe. no risky hits. your party should be able to take on the adds while u dodge around or may just do damage to him while he chases you. if he targets your party members kill the adds asap and be careful attacking him bc of his sweeps. also if his eleth break comes up stay away from ANY of your party members to reduce the risk or taking unessassary and severe damage.

quote The Pursuit
You'd think with a nae like Kurt the dude wouldn't be such a pain in the ass. I think every boss in a games name should be as hard to pronounce as the boss is to defeat. So then you always know what you are getting into.
also lmao +1 bro

This message was merged with other messages by The Pursuit (moderator)

May 14, 12 at 12:58pm
Vicarious

You'd think with a nae like Kurt the dude wouldn't be such a pain in the ass. I think every boss in a games name should be as hard to pronounce as the boss is to defeat. So then you always know what you are getting into.

May 05, 12 at 6:17am
Tenshi

quote GlancingReverse
Am I so bad that it looped around to not hard? I want to know.
I lol'd.

I'm not sure. I guess it depends on how good you are at blocking and dodging. Kurt was a bish because he could be wailing on one of your team mates, and if you came up to attack him from behind, his dual spear range caught you in the crossfire, even if he was facing the other direction.

That and, if he lands a hit when you're not guarding, it does quite a damn bit of damage. What level / difficulty were you on?

I think I know some people who were on ~47 ish for Hard or something. Maybe I was a little underleveled, but I managed. Once I learned how to dodge and defend more, he doesn't do much damage to you if you're defending. But maybe it was just AI Strategy settings? I think I switched both Sophie and Cheria to heal anytime someone dropped below 75%. That seemed to work pretty well, so I keep them on that strategy at all times now. It's easier than me constantly telling them what to do, heal-wise. I've learned to trust the AI a bit more with my healing.

May 05, 12 at 12:37am
GlancingReverse

I... really don't get what the deal is with Kurt. To me, he was one of the easier bosses, in that I didn't use almost all 15 of my Life bottles when facing him. Yet everyone treats him like the worst thing on earth. Was I just overleveled? Did I gain a sudden burst of skill? Am I so bad that it looped around to not hard? I want to know.

May 04, 12 at 7:21pm
Tenshi

I played him on Intermediate, too. I beat him on my 2nd try, but I was level 40 - 39. He was pretty tough, though.

May 04, 12 at 2:18pm
Vicarious

Oh yeah he is just that hard. We have some chaos players here who had to drop to hard just to beat him. 0.0

May 04, 12 at 8:01am
Guest :p

God I hated Kurt >.< Just got back into this game and I doubt I'm the best. My characters were around 42-43 and he was kicking my butt on Moderate >.< hope its just that he really is that hard and i don't suck. I've had no trouble before with any boss until getting to him.

Apr 06, 12 at 2:49pm
Arietta

Yes, those damn soldiers made it unenecessary harder to beat. It was hard to link combos on him. I only got like 700 SP out of that battle because of that. His long range attacks and long combos are really hard to beat. I really recommend people to learn to dodge well for this one. I beat it easily on Evil, but I heard people have problems with him on Moderate and even Normal.

Apr 06, 12 at 2:28pm
Vicarious

Vermillion is a beast.