Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Mario Kart 7 » Best combination for vehicles? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Count Bleck Mario Toad Baby Luigi Baby Mario Boo Ludwig Luigi Goomba Piranha Plant Fire Mario Luigi small mario Star Fire Flower Peach Toad Coin Block Cheep Cheep Donkey Kong Yoshi Spiny Blooper Buzzy Beetle Bullet Bill Fawful Lakitu Paratroopa Classic Mushroom Poison Mushroom Daisy Poison Mushroom 2 Mushroom 1-Up Boo King Boo Luma Bowser Rosalina Paper Luigi Yoshi

hideOriginal Post

Apr 02, 12 at 6:23pmMarkrocks

Any specific combo that is best for racing?

or perhaps there is a particular combo based on each map? (especially for that dreaded rainbow map!?)

i havent unlocked everything yet, but getting there!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 31, 14 at 11:47pm
Mini D1

For good speed and moderate acceleration, use Mario/Luigi with Blue Seven and Slick.
For great speed, weight, but bad acceleration, use DK/Bowser with B Dasher and Monster.
For amazing off-road, with moderate speed, use Yoshi/Koopa Troopa with Bolt Buggy and Monster.

The gliders don't matter.

Jun 27, 14 at 11:52am
Oh yeah im cool

quote MarioJr64
quote Oh yeah im cool
I don't have every item, but so far I like the Bumble V, Rollers, and Paraglider with any lightweight character (I use Toad 'cause he's my favorite). I might try Wood wheels when I get it because a lot of people seem to be using that.
Wood wheels are really nice for underwater sections, so if you know you'll be getting your feet wet, you can't go wrong with them.
So places like Cheep Cheep Lagoon and Koopa Cape? That seems pretty helpful. I've always been a fan of Koopa Cape too.

Jun 27, 14 at 11:44am
MarioJr64

quote Oh yeah im cool
I don't have every item, but so far I like the Bumble V, Rollers, and Paraglider with any lightweight character (I use Toad 'cause he's my favorite). I might try Wood wheels when I get it because a lot of people seem to be using that.
Wood wheels are really nice for underwater sections, so if you know you'll be getting your feet wet, you can't go wrong with them.

Jun 26, 14 at 8:30pm
Oh yeah im cool

Jun 18, 14 at 6:11pm
PichuRules

I've always found one of the best combinations to be any featherweight character on the Soda Jet, Slick wheels, and the Paraglider. With this combination, you get both a speed AND acceleration stat of 4.25/6, which is pretty high. The only downside to this set up is poor handling.

Jun 06, 14 at 4:04pm
cheesegodking1

I like the cact-x with slick wheels and the swooper. My favorite character for that is either metal mario or lakitu

Mar 12, 14 at 4:56pm
Neonvoid LEGO Master

Mario or Mii, B dasher, slick wheels and beast glider.

Mar 06, 14 at 8:32am
Blootroid

quote rafaelgilvelarde
This is cool! I just received a free Wii points card code and it worked! Awesomeness!!!! Got it at freewiipointsforever► com
Im sure...

Dec 31, 13 at 11:35am
Mustacheo

Every kart goes the same speed, it just depends on how many coins you have, speed is just how fast you go when going on the boost pads. Go for as much acceleration and handling as possible.

I always use the Egg 1 kart, roller wheels and swooper glider. Hope that helped in some way! : )

Dec 02, 13 at 9:36pm
MistarDerp

I highly recommend either the Parasol or the Flower, because the extra air time they give allows for some UBER PRO GLIDER CUTS, the Red Monster for UBER PRO OFF-ROAD CUTS and the main hull can easily differ. I suggest you read up the piece stats on the Super Mario Wiki so you can see the hidden stats as well. I find the Gold Tires useless as Slick shows it up in every useful way. In fact, all the gold parts suck in so many ways but if it works for others, eh. Might as well give 'em a spin.

My UBER PRO VEHICLE OF CHOICE:
-Featherweight (Toad the annoying)
-Koopa Clown (mini-turbo and drift)
-Red Monster (UBER PRO CHOICE #SWAG)
-Peach Parasol (For maximum "OMG HOW YOU FLY OVER THAT HAX")

Also, check out the "Set Acceleration" in Super Mario Wiki's page of Mario Kart 7 glitches to see the actual accleration of vehicles. I stuck a featherweight as opposed to a lightweight because of the notable difference in acceleration.

Can't believe there's no Super Blooper parts.