Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Tri » new hunter tips and help » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Apr 02, 12 at 9:58amSaphireGemDragon

hey, saphire here well this is embarrassing ... keep getting my butt handed to me by the great jaggi, I'm sure this has happened to many others not with just the great jaggi but other monsters as well, wanted to ask, maybe start a thread where other new players can ask questions and get tips and tricks from pros out there any how my question:

how to get past the great jaggi? i have a bone lance+ and leather armor up to level 3 still cant seem to get any farther then i am been doing my quests just not having much luck, any help is appreciated.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 09, 12 at 8:00pm
kevinh0207

always attack from the great jaggis left side to total avoid the hip check, and try to roll out when you get too close when he started to do the tail spin. the hammer is my choice weapon, cause the charge up while running and the face pund works pretty well.

May 09, 12 at 3:53am
Xeros the Slayer

This was meant just for early game help, don't turn it into a general help thread guys. Can't have all of the posting for help in one thread since aside from being limiting it also makes it harder for newcomers to sift through it all.

May 01, 12 at 8:29am
SaphireGemDragon

Very rarely do i get weekends off if at all and ok will do

May 01, 12 at 4:44am
wildfire

you don't get weekend breaks? Just PM when you can, though I may or may not read the e-mail when you would like me to.... >.> because I'm not on neo as often anymore.

Apr 30, 12 at 4:35pm
SaphireGemDragon

Sounds like fun first though i have to find a night where im off of work so i can do so

Apr 30, 12 at 4:50am
wildfire

SaphireGemDragon

I'm what you might call a lance professional . If you want to block that lazer of doom, invest in the guard boost skill which allows the hunter to block the unblockable! The lazer will only hit you once, so it won't chip away your stamina, and you're completely safe while inside it(it's a bug I think).

Ingot armor has this skill by default, and some other nice skills too. You won't have to fight a lot of monsters for mats I think only mine a lot in the volcano area for the ores.

It comes with wind resist HI, guard boost, and thunder resist +10.

We should meet up online I can show you my lancing style.

Apr 28, 12 at 9:27am
RockofKuthian

nice! his armor is really nice

Apr 28, 12 at 1:43am
SaphireGemDragon

ive beaten agnaktor twice now online with others just had trouble dodging the lazer of doom two times but we got him

Apr 27, 12 at 7:12pm
RockofKuthian

with lance you should get guard+1/2 or evasion +1/2. id go for qurupeco and try to add guard +1. but then again, you still haven't beaten agnaktor

Apr 27, 12 at 6:54pm
SaphireGemDragon

looking for armor and what to gem in it