Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time » Skill Acquisition/Allocation » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Mar 29, 12 at 6:00pmCoarseDragon

I have not played the import version of the game so I do not know how skill acquisition works. This is a shot from Growlanser Heritage of War on how skill allocation worked. Is Wayfarer of Time similar?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 18, 12 at 8:55am
kratoscar2011

quote daveyd
quote CoarseDragon
quote kratoscar2011
I hope it works for you, i will add images in the future since i will go on vacations and i will have my PS2 and my computer, hell i might even do a video about it.
Very nice. As we get closer to the game information like this will be important.

Have a good vacation and please do a video if you can. Might even be able to post it.
Yeah. And once the English version is released we should do a "lets play" / video walk-through / review on youtube. I'm trying to figure out how to record footage from my PSP to my PC (other than using a camera, which doesn't look very good).
I could tell you how but you will have to add some programs to your psp (Wich is considered hacking).

Jul 11, 12 at 8:42am
kratoscar2011

quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011
quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011
The thing is that in WoT the enemies are the same as te ones in 3 and i think in the meantime we could use their names, besides this would apply to anything like items and armor as ATLUS USA will more likely change it like vacations Isnt It?
That's true. We'll just have to plan on possibly changing enemy names once the game comes out. Apparently Atlus is calling vacations "furloughs".
I dont like the name, and they changed the familiar names too so i spect a lot of edits when the game comes out.

A furlough is a military term for leave of absence / vacation for soldiers, so it does make sense. It is a rather unusual word though; I had to look it up.

I'm going to attempt to change the locations in the wiki to the official spellings.
It makes sense, either way we will just need to adapt then.

Jul 11, 12 at 8:12am
daveyd

quote kratoscar2011
quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011
The thing is that in WoT the enemies are the same as te ones in 3 and i think in the meantime we could use their names, besides this would apply to anything like items and armor as ATLUS USA will more likely change it like vacations Isnt It?
That's true. We'll just have to plan on possibly changing enemy names once the game comes out. Apparently Atlus is calling vacations "furloughs".
I dont like the name, and they changed the familiar names too so i spect a lot of edits when the game comes out.

A furlough is a military term for leave of absence / vacation for soldiers, so it does make sense. It is a rather unusual word though; I had to look it up.

I'm going to attempt to change the locations in the wiki to the official spellings.

Jul 10, 12 at 9:33am
kratoscar2011

quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011
quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011
Daveyd i will be using the missions wiki page to add Colisseum information until you create the page for it i got an exam tommorrow so beggining Wednesday i will add information and send you the images of the enemies.
One thing that has occured to me: Since Growlanser III was translated by Working Designs, do you think it's possible that a lot of the monster names might be different in Wayfarer of Time? Perhaps we should be looking at the Colosseum in Heritage of War since that was translated by Atlus as well.

Unfortunately, I don't have an advanced save file of Heritage of War and I'm not very far in the game...

Jul 10, 12 at 9:23am
daveyd

quote kratoscar2011
quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011
Daveyd i will be using the missions wiki page to add Colisseum information until you create the page for it i got an exam tommorrow so beggining Wednesday i will add information and send you the images of the enemies.
One thing that has occured to me: Since Growlanser III was translated by Working Designs, do you think it's possible that a lot of the monster names might be different in Wayfarer of Time? Perhaps we should be looking at the Colosseum in Heritage of War since that was translated by Atlus as well.

Unfortunately, I don't have an advanced save file of Heritage of War and I'm not very far in the game...

Jul 10, 12 at 9:09am
kratoscar2011

quote daveyd
quote kratoscar2011

Jul 09, 12 at 7:38pm
daveyd

quote kratoscar2011

Jul 09, 12 at 6:57pm
kratoscar2011

Apr 18, 12 at 7:45pm
daveyd

quote CoarseDragon
quote kratoscar2011
quote CoarseDragon
We can link to the wiki when talking about characters. Quote this message to get the syntax but basically use "link name=" then add the URL in the proper place.

Frane

I am going to parse though some of this and add a Skills page to the wiki. For characters that learn skills on their own or through items that should listed on the characters page. We can link those skills and items back and forth between the different categories.
Good work Coarse you are putting a lot of effort in this, keep it going
Thanks but PM me with ideas for categories. I have not played this one and while I have general ideas for things we will need specifics. Does anyone know the names of the other countries in Noveral? Is Noveral the continent or a country? Are there other continents or countries - visited or not that may need mentioned in the wiki?
Noievarl is the continent. There's also an island to the south called Lamplast Island where the Arten Schwart mercenaries (Crevaniel, Dixon, etc.) are based. The other countries are Dulkheim, Marculey, and Valcaneer. (Like the character names they're from fan translations so spelling might change). For ex: I've also seen Marculey as Marcuria.

Apr 18, 12 at 3:19pm
CoarseDragon

quote kratoscar2011
quote CoarseDragon
We can link to the wiki when talking about characters. Quote this message to get the syntax but basically use "link name=" then add the URL in the proper place.

Frane

I am going to parse though some of this and add a Skills page to the wiki. For characters that learn skills on their own or through items that should listed on the characters page. We can link those skills and items back and forth between the different categories.
Good work Coarse you are putting a lot of effort in this, keep it going
Thanks but PM me with ideas for categories. I have not played this one and while I have general ideas for things we will need specifics. Does anyone know the names of the other countries in Noveral? Is Noveral the continent or a country? Are there other continents or countries - visited or not that may need mentioned in the wiki?